How to Read Semen Analysis??

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

How to Read Semen Analysis??

Postby korah1987 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:46 pm

Hey everyone,
So DH finally went to get his swimmers checked today and he already got the results back. He's always suspected he had issues in this area and today he had his appointment at the place to give the...uh...deposit at 11am this morning and his doctor called at 8pm tonight saying he could pick his results up any time. They were just in a sealed envelope, no meeting with the doctor to explain anything or figure out treatments. And the results aren't really self explanatory...just a bunch of numbers for different things. I looked up the normal ranges online but got different answers on each site I looked at. I just want a doctor or someone to say "you're just fine and don't need to worry" or "you are low in this area and _____ needs to be done to fix it." Ugh. I think it's saying he's low to normal but I dunno. Help?
korah1987

Re: How to Read Semen Analysis??

Postby korah1987 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:48 pm

And also is it weird how fast we got the results back? Only 9 hours later. Is that good or bad?
korah1987

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:10 am

Hey korah, my DH did a semen analysis this month. Usually there's writing on the side that says what the normal range should be for each test (count, morphology, ph, etc). I ended up faxing the results to my gyno, and his office called me back to tell me that it was normal. You should ask for the doctor to do that because some wonky numbers aren't really 'bad,' and there's no way to tell without a doctor's imput. My DH has an appt with his doctor to go over the results on Monday, but it was good to hear in advance that there's nothing to worry about.

Yes, its weird that you got the results so fast. Ours took 8 days to come back. They usually tell you that it takes 10 days to 2 weeks. I don't know what to make of that one.
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby korah1987 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:28 pm

Thanks Scarlett! I think I'll ask my gyno too. I asked a few people who know about this stuff from experience and they said it looked like he was good to go so that's good to hear :) So crazy how fast they were though. Very strange.
korah1987

Return to Clomid and Femara