Clomid and Multiples

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Clomid and Multiples

Postby It's Me Puddles! » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:25 pm

Hey everyone.
My doc has planted the seed in my brain about taking clomid once I've passed the (rapidly approaching) 1 year TTC mark. For whatever reason, as I've started coming around to the idea it's like there's a tiny voice in my head saying "Clomid will work...and you'll have twins" :shock:
Super weird, I know.
We have all heard the statistics on clomid (slightly) raising the chance of twins to roughly a 10% chance...but how many people ON HERE have conceived multiples while on clomid? What about clomid + other treatments (ex IVF)?
And, just in general, what was your experience (multiples or not!) with clomid and do you have any input for someone who may be starting their first round in the near future?
Me- 32, with wonky cycles and Endo
DH - 32, untested (soon to be remedied)
TTC #1 since spring '15
It's Me Puddles!

Re: Clomid and Multiples

Postby inthemetro » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:39 am

I took clomid for seven cycles. On the plus side I found it pretty easy to tolerate, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. Though my story has a happy ending: my first cycle of injectables (Menopur + Ovidrel) and IUI worked. I was petrified about the chances of higher order multiples, but I'm pretty happy to have ended up with twins. Anyway, I add my story just to say that while I hope clomid works (or that you don't end up needing it at all) there's life after clomid, too! In the meantime, good luck!
30 years old, TTC #1

PCOS, blood disorder
mc (March 2015)
7 cycles of clomid: bfn
first cycle injectables: bfp!

My Ovulation Chart
inthemetro
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Tinleykayewash » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:55 am

My scan is still two weeks away, but I'll let you know if it's twins. I have a "feeling" that it is. 50mg clomid ended in MC with one. This pregnancy is 100mg and my progesterone test was high. We'll see:)
My Ovulation Chart

Me 32, DH 36
3 FUR BABIES :)
BFP 1st cycle Clomid 8/13 BFP
MC 10/13 @ 8 weeks
12/14 2nd Clomid Cycle: BFN
5/15-1/16 50 MG CLOMID....ALL BFN cd 21 progesterone 34
1/16 100 MG CLOMID- BFP 10DPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! progesterone @ 4dpo=43
Beta # 1 22dpo= 5600 HCG 50 Prog.
DD born: 10/13/16 7 lbs. 14 oz.!!!!
Tinleykayewash
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby It's Me Puddles! » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:18 am

Thanks so much for your responses!
It's intimidating to start to think about taking the next step and "adding" pharmaceutical intervention into our TTC journey. But at this point, I'm just so tunnel vision to a BFP, a full term pregnancy and a healthy baby (or babies?!) that my reservations are negated.
It makes it so much easier to know you aren't alone!
Me- 32, with wonky cycles and Endo
DH - 32, untested (soon to be remedied)
TTC #1 since spring '15
It's Me Puddles!

Return to Clomid and Femara