New to site and clomid

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New to site and clomid

Postby Nikki-Pri » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site. I have just started taking clomid after TTC for 2+ years and have PCOS.

I am hoping clomid works but was wondering if anyone else could give me some tips/advice on the do's and don't's. Things to take and try and what not to do. I am taking folic acid and trying to be generally healthier but any other advice would be great.

Many thanks,
Nikki :) x
Nikki-Pri

Re: New to site and clomid

Postby Rukkola » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:10 am

Hi Nikki-Pri, nice to meet you!
I'm also new to this site but not so new to Clomid... I'm starting my #5 round this Sunday.

I suggest taking Clomid before bedtime, at the same time each day to avoid side effects, that's what I did and felt fine except a little ovulation pain/discomfort.

I'm also taking multivitamins and just like you, trying to be generally healthy. I'm not advising much, but maybe we can at least keep each other company? What cycle day are you on?

x
Rukkola
Friend

Postby Sheeny89 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:32 pm

Hi!

I've just finished my first round of clomid cd 3-7 and I would also reiterate taking them at night. I took mine in the morning and one day had a cracking migraine when I was due to deliver a presentation at work! Not fun. So at least if you have any symptoms you'll be asleep! A lot of people report hot flashes too so maybe be prepared for that. Otherwise I was fine!

My Doc just said to take folic acid if I wasn't already and not much else x
Sheeny89

Postby birdey » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:07 am

Hi ladies,
Can I join you please, I have just finished 7 days of provera and waiting for ad to arrive to start my first Clomid of 50mg for three cycles :)
Major completed health story, we did six rounds of ivf with two miscarriages, then I fell naturally with my beautiful boy Oliver who is nearly four now.
We have been trying for three years naturally and nothing so doc has suggested Clomid and if after three cycles nothing he will check tubes again.
Hoping to get some advice and support through here:)
xxx
birdey

Postby Pandapaws12 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:03 pm

Hi there:

New to site as well. Clomid cycle #2 with unexplained infertility. Older DD was a clomid baby in 2007 and i had her sister less than a year after naturally. Just finished taking clomid yesterday, so I'm CD10. (100MG days 5-9) ttc#3 since june, so about 9 months as of right now. I am hoping for support, last month was a dissapointing cycle. I had an u/s day 13 and had no mature follies, and my progesterone was 0.5, indicating border for ovulation??
Pandapaws12

Return to Clomid and Femara