Anyone starting a round of Femara in March?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Anyone starting a round of Femara in March?

Postby RachaelR » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:38 am

That is good your dr will give it to you by day 21. I always had to wait too. I'm still just waiting for Friday to get bloodwork to confirm ovulation. I'm definitely using opks next month, not knowing exactly is driving me crazy
RachaelR
Friend

Postby Novareon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:56 am

She normally wouldnt, but the military is moving me and my husband to japan at the beginning of may and she's trying to get in as many cycles as possible instead of the really long lingering ones I've had for almost half a year. Oh and opks don't mean you've for sure ovulated, my past several cycles I've had surges but not actually released an egg. The only way to confirm o without a blood test is to temp chart and see the rise. Anywho, cd 19, no positive opk and no temp rise, this cycle is looking like a bust ladies :(
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Lisa): 28 (PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Right Laproscopic Salpingectomy)
DH (Brian): 27 (no issues)
7/19/15: 6wk3d Angel Baby (ectopic) :angel:
TTC Rainbow Baby!
Novareon
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby RachaelR » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:16 am

Oh my husband is in the military too. That's great that she's so aggressive with your treatment. I know they don't tell you if you did ovulate, but I also kinda want to feed my poas addiction lol
RachaelR
Friend

Postby Novareon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:37 am

Oh yay! What branch? My hubby is air force. I totally understand d you with the poas addiction, I am in the same boat! Cbfm in the morning, Internet cheapies at night!
My Ovulation Chart

TTC Rainbow Baby!
Novareon
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby RachaelR » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:36 am

Air Force too :)) we just got to Little Rock AFB from Beale AFB in CA
RachaelR
Friend

Postby Novareon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:52 am

Omg sweet! We're moving from birmingham, AL to misawa AFB in japan at the beginning of may. So awesome to find another military spouse on here that's going through the same struggles! Do you have any kids or pets? Are you liking little rock?
My Ovulation Chart

TTC Rainbow Baby!
Novareon
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FutureBabyBee » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:30 pm

Nova, i'm so sorry it's looking like a bust cycle. Maybe you will ovulate late and if not, i'm glad you can jump start another cycle. :( I wish I could give you a big hug. You're a tough chick. All of us ladies who go through this process are strong women!

Rachael- Hoping for good p4 levels for you on Friday! I've got everything crossed for you :)

I'm so glad you both found common ground as military spouses. I give y'all all the credit in the world. My husband travels for work and it gets hard sometimes but i'm sure that pales in comparison to what you both endure. My hat's off to you. AFM, I took my trigger last night and today had O cramps and pains. I'm hoping and praying this works but if not, we'll press on. My OBGYN called and said my pap smear was abnormal (not a shocker for me, as I have a high risk strand/cancer causing kind of HPV and have had abnormal paps in the past) but they want to do a colposcopy and biopsy since I had stage 1 abnormal cells. :cry: I told them I was smack dab in the middle of a fertility treatment cycle and decided that if I get a BFN I will do both the colpo and biopsy but if I get a miracle BFP I will only do colpo, no biopsy until after birth. Exciting times. :roll:
Me- 26 dx PCOS, Hypothyroid
DH- 31 dx Low motility and morphology
TTC #1 for 4 years

IUI 1: Femara 5 mg, ovidrel, 1 mature follicle/ 9 million post wash BFN
IUI 2: Femara 7.5 mg, ovidrel, 1 mature follicle/ 13 million post wash BFN
IUI 3: Femara 7.5 mg, Follistim 75iu 5-9, 3 mature follicles/ 25 million post wash BFN
IUI 4: Femara 7.5 mg, Gonal F, Poor response, cancelled.

IVF: July 2016
FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Novareon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:46 pm

Babybee- oh dear! i've had an abnormal pap because of HPV before, it was super scary! My body ended up getting rid of the infection on its own and healing up the abnormal cells, so fingers crossed it's the same for you! Stage 1 isnt the really bad ones though, right? i dont remember the exact levels, but if they arent urgently trying to get you to do the biopsy, i guess that's good-ish news? At least you have a plan for either scenario, as awesome as a BFP would be, it would also be good if you could get treatment sooner rather than later to make sure you're in tip top shape. Sending you so many hugs and good vibes!!

Rachael-good luck on your p4 levels! hopefully everything looks perfect!

As for me, i just took the weirdest opk EVER! Two lines appeared, but the test line was lighter except for a thin sliver on the very edge that was almost the same color as the control line. Would that count as a positive? 90% of the line was definitely lighter by at least half..but it's that dark edge that's throwing me off. I have had tons of EWCM and today i had some cramping around my ovaries on both sides, so i really really hope it's ovulation..i guess we'll see in the next few days if my temp goes up. Fingers crossed!
My Ovulation Chart

TTC Rainbow Baby!
Novareon
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Novareon » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:45 pm

Update: CD20 and FINALLY a positive opk!!!! Now we just have to see if the lh surge is enough to get the eggie out of the gate. I have a history of failure in that area, but maybe the Femara gave the eggies the boost they needed. Im having tons of EWCM and cramping on both sides...and oddly enough tender boobs which i almost never get except at AF time, weird. Hope you ladies are doing fabulous, so glad to possibly be joining the TWW with you! My temps should confirm or debunk the surge in the next few days! FX!
My Ovulation Chart

TTC Rainbow Baby!
Novareon
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FutureBabyBee » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:31 am

Ahhh, I am SO EXCITED to read this! Awesome, Nova!! :D Tons of ewcm is great. I'm so happy for you, I hope you have been BDing like crazy! Now we are all in the TWW together. I am 3 dpo and have sore nipples that won't quit :shock: Last night/early morning (3:30 am, so whatever you want to call it) I woke up to go pee and had really bad AF type cramps. Not sure what that could be from? I know the sore nips are from the increase in progesterone. I started reading my book but at the rate I'm flying through it im going to need more for the remainder of the wait lol Can't wait to hear updates from y'all! I've been praying every night for all of us to get our BFPs xo
TTC #1 for 4 years

IUI 3: Femara 7.5 mg, Follistim 75iu 5-9, 3 mature follicles/ 25 million post wash BFN

FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Novareon » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:42 pm

Temp spiked to 97.9this morning so im getting pretty confident that im officially in the TWW with you guys! EWCM has dried up (TMI sorry!)) and i am TOTALLY with you on the sore nips, BabyBee! Mine feel almost bruised, it's weird, i've never had that as a progesterone symptom before. I have been REALLY tired today, took a 5 hour nap after lunch because i was so exhausted...and then for giggles i took my temp when i woke up and it was 98.4!!! I've only ever had a temp that high post ovulation or when i am sick, and im definitely not sick so YAY! No other 'symptom's to report on my end other than the emotional rollercoaster that comes with the TWW hormones, i cried at my hubby for making me fix his coffee (which i do all the time because he sucks at it).

BabyBee-your symptoms sound promising! cramps after O could be the little bean making it's way to a cozy home in the uterus! It can implant anywhere from 5-10 dpo, so fingers crossed it's your month! As for the book, when you run out, you can always console yourself with Dr. Google...and by console, i mean google every twinge you possibly feel and freak yourself out even more. Though i would suggest trying to stay chill about it for the next two weeks and resist POASing until at least 10 dpo....im hoping i can make it that long...im a POAS addict >.>
My Ovulation Chart

TTC Rainbow Baby!
Novareon
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FutureBabyBee » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:54 am

YAY!!! I'm so glad both of ovaries finally listened to the speeches/yelling/femara Haha. So exciting, but the TWW is so awful. I hear you on the emotions. I have been a big ol' sack of tears lately and that is not me. I think it's the whole cycle making my hormones that are already crazy, even crazier. Fun times.

I am trying to not symptom spot, but, let's be real i'm 5 dpo and if I had a dollar for everytime I googled anything pregnancy related i'd be walking on high cotton lol I am notorious for low progesterone so I started the progesterone suppositories I had left over last night. My sore nips/boobs have seemed to subside and aside from slight cramps and a weird full feeling in my lower abdomen I feel no different. Sometimes the suppositories make me cramp so I can't read into it much. I'm a fellow POAS addict and I purposely made sure there were no tests in the house. I can't be trusted :shh: I plan on holding out until 11 dpo, next Sunday. I have a wedding to go to this weekend on Friday (9dpo) and I know that's super early to test and I haven't tested out my trigger so I think I will just avoid adult beverages just to be safe. That's going to make for a long reception lol How's everything your way?
TTC #1 for 4 years

FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Novareon » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:16 pm

TWW buddies FTW!!! 3dpo over here and not much to report other than headaches, sore nips, and some twinges in my ovaries and uterus, but it's nothing i havent had in other cycles so im trying not to read too much into it. I have been paging Dr. Google myself about 10 times a day about every topic under the sun, mostly because im a bit worried that i ovulated so late (CD21) and i dont know what that means for egg and lining quality.

It's so crazy that im only two days behind you! You're half way to your test day! I always start testing around 10 dpo, but i've never had the trigger, so i understand waiting until that's out of your system. I would be crushed to have what looked like a bfp only to see it fade away because the trigger tricked me :hugs: Have lots of fun at the wedding and maybe just get a decoy glass of champagne to keep people from being nosey. Whenever i go to family events and dont drink there are just too many awkward questions and comments that i'd rather not have to deal with....so decoy wine it is! :rofl:

Are you getting 7dpo bloodwork done? Mine is scheduled for friday, kinda nervous because i've never had that done before. Any idea what they are testing for? im assuming progesterone and to make sure it's a good level. I've never had post-o spotting before, so i would think my progesterone is fine when my body actually gets around to ovulating. Hope everything is going great with you and i look forward to more updates from you girl!
My Ovulation Chart

TTC Rainbow Baby!
Novareon
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FutureBabyBee » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:50 pm

That sounds promising, like a strong O. I hope you caught that eggie! I understand being concerned about ovulating later but I've actually read lots of success stories with late ovulation :) Try to think positive, I know that's way easier said than done.

I was actually planning on doing the decoy drink because my in-laws will be there and we are close with them, they know all about our treatments. HOWEVER, my MIL can jump the gun and I don't feel like playing 21 questions lol

I had my 7 dpo bloodwork done today at 6 dpo. I get it done everytime at 7 dpo but I had to do it a day early because my RE was going to be out of the office. It came back at 10.3 so I wasn't thrilled but at least I ovulated. My RE likes to see the level above 15 on a medicated cycle so I have to start suppositories tonight. I already started one but forgot last night :shock: The way they explained it to me was that they do the 7 dpo bloodwork to confirm ovulation and make sure progesterone is high enough to sustain a developing pregnancy. Don't be nervous! Progesterone levels can't indicate a pregnancy, as I had a 46.8 level once and was not pregnant. I have been cramping pretty strong on and off all day today but I don't want to get my hopes up. Of course I googled and everything said "Implantation cramping!" "I had that before my BFP!" and i'm over here like, Melissa, calm down because you don't want to get all crazy and get your hopes up! Im trying to hold out as long as I can to test but the POAS addiction is too real and i'm itching to go buy FRERs. haha Do you think 11 dpo is too early to test?
TTC #1 for 4 years

FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FutureBabyBee » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:41 pm

Oh! I forgot to report one more kinda icky thing lol the past two nights (5 & 6 dpo) I've had bloody boogers when I blew my nose. Not usual for me.
TTC #1 for 4 years

FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Clomid and Femara