Anyone starting a round of Femara in March?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Anyone starting a round of Femara in March?

Postby Novareon » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:01 pm

Hey babybee! that's good about the progesterone! A confirmed O is one more hurdle you're over! At least you have the progesterone prescription and can help things along that way! All your symptoms sound promising to me, especially all the cramping. 11 dpo isnt too early to test! i ususally start at 10 dpo because hell would freeze over if i couldnt pee on something by that point...and i still have some cheapies from last time to use until i get at least a faint line on them..dont want to waste my last FRER or my only digi! :rofl: Bloody nose is a weird symptom! is it maybe allergies? i've heard of bleeding gums and coming down with colds as TWW symptoms, but the bloody nose is a new one to me! :hugs:

As for me, 5dpo over here and still a few twinges here and there in my belly. I am having quite a bit of discomfort around my scar where my right tube used to be, kinda stretchy painful feeling in there. The other cramps are like little pokes or scrapes, not my whole uterus, just little parts here and there..it's super weird. :shock: Nips are still sore and now my boobs feel really heavy, bumps in the car or sleeping on them are hella noes! But all these i've had before in the TWW and not ended up with a BFP. The only really odd thing i noticed was tonight when we went out to a japanese hibachi restaurant, the thought of eating shrimp made me sick to my stomach...and i LOVE shrimp. It's too early for any HCG to be in my blood, but that's a really weird progesterone symptom..and oddly specific. My bloodwork is on Friday, so only a couple more days to go, and im getting it first thing in the morning so i should have my results by the weekend! I swear i better have huge numbers because of all the weirdness my body is going through, but if i have to go the progesterone suppository rout, i will lean on you to be my mentor in how the eff to do that! :rofl:
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Lisa): 28 (PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Right Laproscopic Salpingectomy)
DH (Brian): 27 (no issues)
7/19/15: 6wk3d Angel Baby (ectopic) :angel:
TTC Rainbow Baby!
Novareon
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FutureBabyBee » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:59 am

So I did something.. I caved on 8 dpo and tested. Of COURSE it was a BFN. I waited until 10 dpo (today) and tested with FMU. Negative, ghost rider. The only one that showed up to the party was an uninvited guest.. gray evap line. Thank you, new FRERs :roll:

Your symptoms sound really, really good! I hope you're surviving well on this brutal roller coatser ride they call the TWW. I am holding on to hope that you'll get that BFP. I also hope you don't have to go the suppository route because lemme tell ya- those things are a b****!! Not only are they messy and gross feeling, they totally make me feel prego which in turn adds fuel to my insanity. I have constant cramping, sore boobs (like, the whole tit now not just nips :rofl: ) moodiness, and holy cow exhaustion. I feel like I am peeling myself out of bed every morning. The struggle is so real.

When do you find out about you p4? FX for a good level.. we both don't need to ride the crazy train haha
Me- 26 dx PCOS, Hypothyroid
DH- 31 dx Low motility and morphology
TTC #1 for 4 years

IUI 1: Femara 5 mg, ovidrel, 1 mature follicle/ 9 million post wash BFN
IUI 2: Femara 7.5 mg, ovidrel, 1 mature follicle/ 13 million post wash BFN
IUI 3: Femara 7.5 mg, Follistim 75iu 5-9, 3 mature follicles/ 25 million post wash BFN
IUI 4: Femara 7.5 mg, Gonal F, Poor response, cancelled.

IVF: July 2016
FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Novareon » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Hey BabyBee! Sorry for the delay in response, it's been a SUPER busy weekend getting ready for the big move! why did you test so early?! 8dpo could possibly be before implantation! Your symptoms sound promising, especially the whole boob being sore! Have you tested since the 8dpo or are you going to hold out as long as possible? any new symptoms to report? How long is your luteal phase normally?

As for me, my progesterone came back at 15.5, so not super high, but tells me what i already knew, i DID ovulate. Had a fight with the nurse about why i had my bloodwork on CD 28 and not CD21(when i ovulated)...i got a bit snarky and she stabbed me really hard for the blood draw. I caved and tested from 7dpo onwards because i have a ton of cheapies sitting around from last cycle and cant NOT pee on something in the TWW. Of course im getting BFN even on 10dpo which is today. Ive had some very strange symptoms manifest. I've been crampy for the whole TWW, but starting late 9dpo and all day 10dpo, i've had REALLY achy hips, like it feels bone deep and from the top of my thighs to my lower abdomen. I cant recall ever having this before, so FX it's a good sign and not my body just falling apart. Other symptoms are headaches, sore HUGE boobs, lotiony-looking CM (TMI sorry), and a tiny bit of nausea that comes and goes throughout the day...and OMG the exhaustion....struggle is real indeed. I have been going to bed super early...9:00 instead of midnight and sleeping til 7:30 and then i STILL need a nap when i get home. I told the hubs, i better be knocked up because if this is my new normal on Femara, im going to cry while i beat the hell out of someone!
My Ovulation Chart

TTC Rainbow Baby!
Novareon
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FutureBabyBee » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:55 am

Hey there! I bet y'all are busy, you have a lot going on. I tested because like you I can't hold out lol Its damn near impossible for me to stop the urge once it really hits. My luteal phase is normally anywhere from 14-17 days on meds. I tested yesterday and today (12 &13 dpo) using FRERs and both were snowy white negatives so i'm prettttyyyyy sure i'm out. Which is kind of what I expected given my track record :cry:

That's a great progesterone number. Wow, unnecessary roughness she needs to be benched. lol All of your symtpoms sound really great, I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for your BFP!! Looking forward to more updates :D
TTC #1 for 4 years

IUI 3: Femara 7.5 mg, Follistim 75iu 5-9, 3 mature follicles/ 25 million post wash BFN

FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MrsRoulette » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:21 am

Hey!!! I did my first Femara round on this cycle and just left the doc's office for my ultrasound. One gorgeous follicle 22.3 mm and three decent runner ups! Got my Ovidrel shot and I'm excited for tomorrow's IUI!! Will let y'all posted. Haven't posted on the page in more than a year.
Hubby:49
Been TTC Since Dec 2011
Hubby's SA: motile density. 10% (60% or greater is good) My Cycles: 32 days. 29 with femara
1st round of Clomid June 2013 (cd5-9). On cd 21, prog level 26.1 BFN
2nd round of Clomid July 2013 (cd5-9). On cd 21, prog level 29.1 BFN
April 14, 2016 IUI - BFN (Femara 5 mg day 3-7), Ovidrel Trigger) 1 follie.
May 1-6, 216 Femara 7.5 mg (day 3-7). One small follicle. Cancelled cycle
May 30th, 2016 - Femara 7.5 mg (day 3-7). + Gonal F Injections 150 iu (day 7-12)- 22.5,16.7, 9 mm follies
Ovidrel day 12, IUI day 13 06/09/2016 BFN
FertileCM, Fertility Blend, herbal fertility tea from Kenya - BFP!!!!!!
We prayed, hoped, waited for our little miracle. Now God has started in me the miracle of creation. So blessed!!
MrsRoulette
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FutureBabyBee » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:54 am

Welcome! Those follicles sound awesome! What dose of femara did you take? What CD are you on? Baby dust to you :)
TTC #1 for 4 years

FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Novareon » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:19 pm

Welcome welcome Mrs. Roulette! amazing follicles!! im totally going to root for twins for you! LOL! what dose were you on to start with and on what days? You're already almost half way through your cycle! I hope your IUI goes well, i've never had that done, but i suppose the dr.'s been all up our hoohahs anyways, so what's one more time amiright?

BabyBee, im so sorry this isnt shaping up to be your cycle. Do you have a game plan going forwards? I know your siggy says IVF, are you taking a break or going straight into it next cycle? Sending SOOOO many hugs your way chicky and we'll just keep right on trucking through the next cycle too!

Im finishing up my first femara cycle over here, CD 33, 12dpo and stark-white-as-the-new-fallen-snow BFN on a FRER. Im pretty sure im out this go round so i went ahead and picked up my next round of femara even though i technically still have 2 days to go until AF. The dr. bumped me up to 5mg cd 4-8, so maybe we'll have better luck next cycle. I swear i have felt super pregnant this cycle, AF is throwing me for a loop with all the symptoms!! It's totally not fair how much PMS resembles early preggo symptoms, gets my hopes up every f**king month!
My Ovulation Chart

TTC Rainbow Baby!
Novareon
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MrsRoulette » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:16 pm

Hey ladies! Thanks y'all for the warm welcome to this forum! I started on 5 mg of Femara day 3-7. My cycle is on average 32 days. The NP said if this cycle turns out to be a bust, she will definitely up me to 7.5 mg day 3-7. While we have been super ready for babies forever, I am trying to not let the TTC journey consume me. There is way more to marriage than just babies coming through my hooha. Adoption through the foster system is something we have discussed. So far borrowing friends and family's kiddos has been giving me my baby fix. hehehehe
Anywho, it has been about 13 hours since the Ovidrel. For the last 6, it has been lots of pain on that right side carrying the gorgeous follicle. It must be finishing up its maturity and starting the journey through tube or something lol! The left is pretty quiet except for a few tugs here and there but the right is constant pain, not extreme but enough to limit the speed of my moves and my walk. Weird!
I am praying for twins like I always have. Dad has twin siblings and a sibling that has a set of twins, mom has a sister that has twins and another that lost both at childbirth.... My parents did not have any twins. I am hoping it is true that it skips generations and lands on me lol! No twins on hubby's side that he knows of.
Good night and baby dust to all!!
Been TTC Since Dec 2011
Hubby's SA: motile density. 10% (60% or greater is good) My Cycles: 32 days. 29 with femara
May 30th, 2016 - Femara 7.5 mg (day 3-7). + Gonal F Injections 150 iu (day 7-12)- 22.5,16.7, 9 mm follies
We prayed, hoped, waited for our little miracle. Now God has started in me the miracle of creation. So blessed!!
MrsRoulette
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FutureBabyBee » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:07 pm

Well ladies, the witch flew in today :cry: I was expecting her to rear her ugly face! Such is life, onto the next one.

Nova- Our plan was going to be the Femara/TI cycles for 3 months but DH out his foot down and said he wants to just go straight for the big leagues, IVF. I called today to schedule my hysteroscopy. If I start IVF in May, we'd be looking at a July embryo transfer probably. My RE had told us he wanted us wait a cycle after retrieval for the transfer to let my PCOS ridden body settle down lol Thank you for the hugs :hugs: To tell you the truth I didn't have much hope for this cycle since we have the failed IUIs but I thought.. well, maybe! We have about 1/3 of the money set aside for IVF so we are taking this next month to try and save more. I also found some grants online i'm going to apply for. We can only afford one round so here's hoping, praying, and pleading this crap works! I'm sorry you got a BFN, i'm still crossing all my fingers and toes that you will get your BFP but if not, I'm happy you can bump it up and get straight into the next round. I hate the mind games AF brings, you're so right :roll: Praying for you!

Mrs- That is sooo exciting about the big possibility of twins.. The twin genes are strong with you, girl! Praying that it becomes a reality. :) One of my close friends just had b/g twins and oh my goodness I'm obsessed with them lol I'm glad you are not letting it consume you because it definitely can. Somedays I feel as if my life revolves around infertility and TTC. Other days it's not as bad. That's good about the ovidrel, here's hoping that follie gives your BFP!! Praying for you!
TTC #1 for 4 years

FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Novareon » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:30 am

OMG MrsRoulette!! Twins are definitely a strong possibility with you then!! Fingers crossed you get your wish!! Have you ov'd yet? How did the IUI go? So excited for your little follies to maybe turn into a twin BFP!!

BabyBee-sorry AF got you this time! -HUGS!!- I hope your planning and saving for IVF goes well and everything crossed you can get some of those grants to help cover stuff. IVF is super expensive and it SUCKS that most insurance wont cover it, especially Tricare that covers almost everything else. What exactly is a hysteroscopy? Is that sorta like the test where they shoot dye through your uterus and tubes? I've read ALOT of women that got their BFP in the month right before they were switching to IVF, so stay relaxed and calm (as much as possible) and just try not to stress yourself out about it. Having a game plan is half the battle!

As for me, AF is here full force and ALOT heavier than normal...like really bad. I dont know if it's because the Femara gave me a really strong ovulation, but holy jeebus my uterus may kill me this time. I've got my higher dose of Femara ready to go, 5mg CD4-8 and some Myo-Inositol to keep my PCOS in check. Hopefully a double dose can grow the follies much faster and i'll have one to trigger by CD 13 (instead of one managing to do so naturally by CD21 >:[ )), which would be April 28th. We ship out on May 7th, so the time crunch is real ladies! Right now, i'm going to fix a very strong cup of red raspberry leaf tea and curl up with my cat and a heating pad to weather the storm that is my AF. Cheers and cant wait to hear from you both!
My Ovulation Chart

TTC Rainbow Baby!
Novareon
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MrsRoulette » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:06 pm

One more week before HPT. NP said to test exactly 14 days from the Ovidrel shot day, not the IUI day. So next week wednesday but I just feel like I should wait until the day when I would be expecting AF. My cycle is 32 days average so the 27th will be a smidge too early in my opinion and setting me up for a false positive. Ovidrel takes up to 14 days to be metabolized completely out of the system depending on the dosage.
Symptom-wise, nothing major. Just cramps here and there, a funny pinch every now and then below my belly button, and a husband who is imagining things already LOL!! Oh, lots of bloating! Lawd! and constipation :oops: :oops: . This HCG is really friendly to my acne-prone face heheheh! Smooth and barely any acne which is my constant companion. Will keep y'all posted. baby dust to all of us!!!
Raining lots here in Austin. My lawn is looking fabulous! Hubby bought this trio fertilizer that has seed, fertilizer, and weed killer in it. Amazing. How is everyone's non-baby making aspect of life? Work life? Social? I do balance it all pretty fine for now :)
Been TTC Since Dec 2011
MrsRoulette
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FutureBabyBee » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:12 am

Nova- Thank you very much on the planning! I had my colposcopy and biopsy done and I have to wait for the results before my RE will do the hysteroscopy. From what I was told, it's considered an outpatient surgery where they go into the uterus with a scope and look for polys/fibroids/abnormalities. The nurse told me they consider it a "home inspection" prior to IVF lol Oh GOSH the HSG (dye test) was seriously the worst. I have a wicked high pain tolerance and that was like torture. I hope this is nothing like that :shock: I'm trying to remain relaxed and optimistic about the whole thing. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst, right? I'm sorry this wasn't the cycle for you but I keep y'all in my prayers for a BFP! I hope to hear some excellent news from you before May 7th! Everything is crossed :hugs:

Mrs- You're already halfway through, wow! That's great. My ovidrel shots have always been out by day 9 at the latest but I know it's different for everyone. Better to be safe than sorry. Your symptoms soun good so far, and I laughed at hubby imagining things. Mine does the same thing. I have heard that constipation is a sign of pregnancy, I REALLYYYYY hope that is the case for you! I bet you're loving the smooth face side effects, I too can't resist a pimple free face. My skin isn't too bad but thanks to my PCOS I occasionally get pimples again. Can't wait for updates! As far as non-baby life, mine has been okay. My DH's work is picking back up which means I barely get to see him and my parents leave to go back to TN today so I will be missing them :cry: They live in Florida from Dec-April then spend the rest of the year in TN. Socially I am in preparation mode for my best friend's baby shower. It's hard but at the same time it's not because I really am so excited for them. I love a good looking lawn! We live on 3 acres so when DH has everything landscaped and looking good it always makes me happy lol Both DH and I avidly hunt, and we have several deer that come onto our property everyday that we feed.. i'm starting to become attached to them. :doh: We hunt on a lease about 2 hours from our house. We did not get any deer last season because we didn't hunt very much and I had to buy meat. It saves us a lot of money to have venison and I prefer the taste actually. RE said it was better for me since it's organic so hopefully we have better luck this year or i'll have to backyard hunt lol
TTC #1 for 4 years

FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Novareon » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:11 pm

BabyBee- how's it going?! have you had your tests yet? keeping everything crossed for you that it all turns out well and you can get a move on with the IVF! I had a laproscopy done when i had my ectopic and they had to remove it and the tube, the first week SUCKS but the recovery goes pretty fast after that. Is that what you're having? Or is it a different kind of scope procedure? I wish i knew more about this stuff so i could be more helpful, but i've got so much good vibes heading your way, chicky!! :hugs:

Mrs. Roulette- You should be getting really close to testing time!! I think the trigger shot is supposed to be out of your system in 10-12 days, so anything after that should be a good result. I am going to live vicariously through you and hope you get the BFP that starts the BFP train! Im glad the HCG is clearing up your skin! I have acne issues as well throughout my cycle and the morning sickness will be worth it if the zits go away too..oh yeah and the baby at the end....guess that's a positive too :P Looking at your symptoms, everything looks promising, especially the bloating and the weird pinchy crampy thing. Lets hope they keep going and there's a BFP in your near future! :babydustb: :babydustg:

As for me, heading into CD10, done with my femara and about two days ago and ready to start my opks. The hotflashes were real with the higher dose this time...holy jeebus...hot-cold-hot-comfortable-hot-freezingmybunsoff...i must be really sensitive to this stuff! :shock: Today i started having some aches and pains in my ovaries, more so than last time, so fingers crossed the follies are growing much faster this time and will be ready to go by my appointment on Thursday (CD13). If all goes well, i'll get the shot of Pregnyl and be in my TWW by next weekened. It would be hilarious that our kid would be conceived in alabama and born in japan! :rofl: The big move is two weeks away and the stress is mounting, so much to do and so little time. Between moving a household, moving the pets, and putting vehicles in storage, i wouldnt wish this chaos on my worst enemy! Looking forwards to hearing updates from you girls! Take care! :hugs:
My Ovulation Chart

TTC Rainbow Baby!
Novareon
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MrsRoulette » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:34 am

Novareon, moving to Japan! Military? Whoa? That's rough moving a whole household continents away. When do you return? Little jap-born baby will have a story to tell!!
I'm close to testing! Will wait the full 14 days before I test. The half life of Ovidrel puts it at 14 but people's metabolism vary so some people say there's is out of their system by day 9 or 11. I'm staying put! Lol! Will test Thursday morning. That will be day 15 since the shot and 14 since IUI. Cramps still come and go, bad heart burn yesterday morning. Went away with eating. Constipation is ridiculous. Gotta go back to the prunes aisle.... :) geez!! Skin still so clear and super soft can't keep my hands off of it lol! So strange!!!! And good!! I even wore makeup all of last week with my new stila lip color. Just feelin' myself heheheheh.
Lovey day y'all and baby dust!!!
Been TTC Since Dec 2011
MrsRoulette
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FutureBabyBee » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:13 pm

Nova- Things are going okay, just waiting to hear about the biopsy :dunno: I can't wait to get everything underway but for right now i'm just trying to remain optimistic. My younger sister told me yesterday they have been trying for baby #2.. That was a hard pill to swallow given she and her husband are on the brink of divorce every other month and currently live with her in-laws.. but I just have to be supportive and hold my tongue. I know if I let my thoughts get dark it won't be pretty and she is my sister so I just nod and smile. I am not having laprascopic surgery, I think the hysteroscopy is much more mild than that. To tell you the truth I am not really sure what it entails :shock: I need to ask lol I appreciate the good vibes!! <3 I am really looking forward to your appointment update, hopefully the added side effects mean the higher dose is really kicking those ovaries into gear! That is funny about the Alabama/Japan thing. I cannot believe it's only two weeks away, whew. You are superwoman!

Mrs- Your symptoms sound really promising and im anxious for updates from you! You're much stronger than I, I would have already caved and tested lol Aint nothing wrong with feeling yourself, girl 8) Lots and LOTS of babydust to yall!
TTC #1 for 4 years

FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Clomid and Femara