New to Clomid

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New to Clomid

Postby BabyDiggs » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:41 pm

I'm not new to tww but I am new to Clomid. I will be starting my first round on Saturday, doing CD5-9 and I am nervous and not sure what to expect! I plan to take it at night since I've read that most people seem to avoid the side effects that way. I am hoping I will ovulate around CD17 but not later than CD21. Is that a realistic expectation? DH has been away for work and we will be on a trip together during my fertile days and am hoping I O soon enough after. Any tips, advice, reassurance or anything is greatly appreciated! :)
Me: 31
DH: 33
TTC #1 since November 2014
My Ovulation Chart
BabyDiggs
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: New to Clomid

Postby bfpdreamer.w.pcos » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:41 pm

Hello! I am currently on my first cycle with Clomid as well! My cycle started on March 1, and I took it CD5-9. I was pretty nervous about the side effects as well! I had read so many horror stories about women taking clomid, and it freaked me out! As far as my symptoms, I got a UTI, hot flashes, mood swings, and some dizzy spells. Looking back at it, it was manageable, and it helps reminding yourself what it's for! I ovulated CD15, and I am currently 4 DPO. Fx this is your month! I have been TTC for 19months now, and I seriously just want this already!
bfpdreamer.w.pcos

Postby BabyDiggs » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:28 am

Oh no a UTI?! those are not fun! started last and I think the only side effect i had was hot flashes, so hoping it goes smoothly for the rest of the cycle! thanks for sharing! FX this is your month!!
Me: 31
DH: 33
TTC #1 since November 2014
My Ovulation Chart
BabyDiggs
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby EgnaroBean » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:46 pm

I am also new to Clomid-- about to start my first round. Mr Rx is CD 3-8, and I know that we are supposed to found CD1 as the first day of Full Flow but any advice for ladies with ultra light flows to begin with? Mine is rarely more than what most women would probably call spotting--maybe one day of the whole ~3 day period would be enough to fill a light days tampon...so should I count first sign of AF as CD1?

Thanks for any advice you may have!

EDIT: Nevermind I think. Even though my normal flows are light, light, light--7 days of progestin had an effect. Woke up today with what is for ME a heavier flow, so I'll call today CD1!
EgnaroBean

Postby Flybutter » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:35 pm

This is my 5th round of clomid and at first I got a few of the side effects such as headaches, moodiness, cramps, and increased cm, but by now any side effects are very minimal. I did take it at night to try to counter that. Don't be nervous, it is not so bad, and the possible reward far outweighs any misgivings I had about taking it! The first round worked for me, but unfortunately that one ended in mc at 8 weeks. I am now 13 dpo and AF is due on Saturday, but praying that nasty witch will stay away!

Have any of you started testing yet?
Kimberly (33) married to Joshua (35) ~ February 11, 2016.

PCOS
Clomid #1 50MG - July - Miscarriage September 17th, 2015 - 8wks :angel:
Clomid #2 50MG - November - Annovulatory - CD21 1.8 - BFN
Clomid #3 100MG - December - Ovulated - CD21 6.3 - BFN
Clomid #4 100MG - January - Ovulated - CD21 18.5 - BFN
Clomid #5 100MG - February - Ovulated - No CD21 Because of Lab Mixup - BFN
Clomid #6 150MG - April - Ovulated - Didn't bother with CD21 - Discouraged - BFN
Month off clomid - May - Ovulated - No CD 21 - 06/06/2016 :bfp:

June 13 Beta: 1228 - Progesterone: 17.5
June 15 Beta: 2759
June 22 Beta: 28,354

:hb: 6w1d: 101 bpm
:hb: 13w5d: 159 bpm

Flybutter
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Clomid and Femara