First ever cycle with help! Femara/Ovidrel/IUI

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First ever cycle with help! Femara/Ovidrel/IUI

Postby Jubilee » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:14 pm

I wasn't sure whether to post this in this section or the IUI section. I'm really stoked, as I finally have begun the journey in seeking assistance. However, I'm still so discouraged, though, by the odds of success even with help... My youngest daughter is now 8 and I have had no luck in that time, other than 1 chemical pregnancy.

Anyone else find this drug having a major impact? The "natural" way with supplements and exercise has not worked for me.

Also, anyone know where you can get Ovidrel cheap/affordable? My insurance pays for nothing fertility related except the diagnostic part of TTC, which has now concluded. I have mild PCOS.

Thanks in advance!

Sarah
~S (34) TTC#3 with my love; secondary IF, PCOS
3/21/16 - 1st Letrozole Cycle - 5 mg, days 5-9
4/21/16 - 2nd Letrozole Cycle - 5mg, days 3-7
6/27/16 - 1st Clomiphene Cycle - 100mg, days 4-8
Jubilee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: First ever cycle with help! Femara/Ovidrel/IUI

Postby FutureBabyBee » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:26 am

Hi there!
I didn't want to read and run. I am not doing IUI this cycle but I do have 3 (almost 4) Femara/Femara combo/Ovidrel IUIs under my belt. You will probably get more responses on the IUI board, as it's more active than this one I think.

For many of us cysters, Femara works much better than clomid. I personally haven't tried clomid as my RE started me out on Femara. You can see my siggy for my responses but I have ovulated each time on both 5 mg and 7.5 mg, which that for me is a miracle because my cycles without meds are all anovulatory. The only side effects I usually experience are headaches and I get a bit emotional. lol Most of the ladies I have spoken to about the meds say Femara is a walk in the park compared to clomid. You are supposed to get one-two good quality follicles on Femara; that is the optimal responses per my RE.

As for the ovidrel, I'm not sure where you're located but I live in FL and order my ovidrel through a fertility pharmacy called SMP Fertility. You need your prescription and my clinic usually calls it in for me but I've done it myself before. The first time I did it I brought my prescription to CVS and it cost me much more than it does at SMP. You should ask your clinic about specialty or fertility pharmacies near you; they normally give a discount to those paying OOP like us. I hope this helps and I wish the VERY best of luck! :)
Me- 26 dx PCOS, Hypothyroid
DH- 31 dx Low motility and morphology
TTC #1 for 4 years

IUI 1: Femara 5 mg, ovidrel, 1 mature follicle/ 9 million post wash BFN
IUI 2: Femara 7.5 mg, ovidrel, 1 mature follicle/ 13 million post wash BFN
IUI 3: Femara 7.5 mg, Follistim 75iu 5-9, 3 mature follicles/ 25 million post wash BFN
IUI 4: Femara 7.5 mg, Gonal F, Poor response, cancelled.

IVF: July 2016
FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nwt814 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:54 am

I learned (after 5 out of pocket prescriptions) that ovidrel is $90 through a mail order pharmacy, so ask your dr to fax your order in to them!
Nwt814
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby RachaelR » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:56 pm

I'm on my first cycle of femara and dr decided today that we didn't need to do ovidrel because my LH was high enough to ovulate on my own (hopefully) I go back on the 1st for a progesterone test (cd19)
RachaelR
Friend

Postby Jubilee » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:26 pm

I wanted to share with you guys the info I found. I found a website that you can apply for a discount. We aren't low income, but I got 25% off of $100, so technically it was lower, if you're willing to share your financial information. Had to share with my fellow IF sufferers.

https://fertilitylifelines.com/compassi ... -program-0
~S (34) TTC#3 with my love; secondary IF, PCOS
3/21/16 - 1st Letrozole Cycle - 5 mg, days 5-9
4/21/16 - 2nd Letrozole Cycle - 5mg, days 3-7
6/27/16 - 1st Clomiphene Cycle - 100mg, days 4-8
Jubilee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Clomid and Femara