BIG O pains on CLOMID! need some reassurance

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BIG O pains on CLOMID! need some reassurance

Postby Mel1983 » Sun May 08, 2016 2:24 pm

Hey guys,
This was my first cycle using CLOMID. I ovulate on my own but I'm using the drug to help mature follies. I took the CLOMID 3-7 of my cycle. No side effects. On CD 13 I had a +OPK. My wife and I started at home insemination with our donor on CD7. We inseminated April 30th, May 1st,4th,5th,6th and 7th. Yesterday morning CD14, before leaving to spend the weekend with my mother, we inseminated in the AM. Last night around 5pm I had O pain on the left side. I always have O pain, but this was intense. It wasn't unbearable, but painful enough to take Tylenol. It lasted about 45 minutes. I was happy cause we inseminated that morning, I know that sperm should be waiting on the eggy. However, 30 minutes after the pain in left side stopped, the right side started hurting. This HAS NEVER happened before. I have a very regular 28 day cycle. I usually always ovulate between 13-15CD. My question is, should I be alarmed? Should we inseminate again this evening or is it too late? Has anyone else ever felt this type of O pain? Any information would be helpful. Thanks a bunch!
Melissa
Mel1983

Mel1983
Friend

Re: BIG O pains on CLOMID! need some reassurance

Postby Babyboom16 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi,

I started like you on day 3 till 7 had a opk on cd14 that's also when I started having pain.
Felt I had a sensitive womb even during sex I had pain.
Today im still feeling some pain not that much but still sensitive.
I also relized that my opk is going down to neg.
Babyboom16

Postby Mel1983 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi BabyBoom,
Thanks for the reply. Well for us its different. We don't BD, we inseminate. lol. My wife hasn't complained of any soreness or pain in the womb. She did however tell me today that shes been going to the bathroom a lot. She's only 2 DPO so I don't know if thats a sign so early in the TWW. I wish you all the baby dust in the world. Was this your first round of CLOMID? It was for us. Let me know what happens with ya. We can be cycle buddies!!
Mel1983
Friend

Postby Babyboom16 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:52 am

Hi,

I hope we both have succes thus cycle.
This is my first cycle with clomid yes.
Thank you very much lots of baby dust for you too.
I will keep you updated xx
Babyboom16

Postby Mel1983 » Tue May 10, 2016 3:37 pm

I will keep you updated as well. Today Ive had some different symptoms. I have thick white CM. And my nipples are sore. I'm only 3DPO so I'm trying not to read much into it but I've never had any of this before. I've heard that CLOMID can mimic pregnancy signs, so I guess we will see. GL to you!!
Mel1983
Friend

Postby Babyboom16 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:16 am

hi mel1983,

i hope you and your wife had more success then me I'm on cycle 2 now.
let me know how you are doing?
xx
Babyboom16

Postby Elli » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi mel1983,
Sounds familiar to me too. I also ovulate on my own but took clomid for the same reasons you did. I have never had ovulation pains before, but since starting clomid I now do. (This has been the case in cycles without clomid, as I've had breaks in between IUI cycles.) I asked a nurse at the fertility clinic about it, and she said clomid can cause/increase ovulation pains because the ovaries are being stimulated more than usual. I'm now off clomid, as I was producing too many follicles. Hoping that after a couple of natural cycles the ovulation pains will stop. (Well, actually just hoping for a BFP in a couple of weeks so no ovulation at all for a while!)
Talk to your dr/nurse about it. I was worried about the pains I was having, but having the nurse explain it put my mind at rest.
Elli
Friend

Return to Clomid and Femara