Anyone trying Famara this month??

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Anyone trying Famara this month??

Postby kjstanton01 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:59 am

Hi,
I will be taking 3 pills and I have 3 days of 5 left. Its been a long road so I'd like to see how everybody else is doing. Last month we didn't really try cause I had a cyst. But the cyst is now gone so we can try this month! I'm hoping all goes well and the turn out = baby in the oven. I have this new hope every month and most of those months have ended in a negative. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat. Come join me in this roller coaster:)
Trying our best!
kjstanton01
Friend

Re: Anyone trying Famara this month??

Postby shalon1a » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:40 pm

I did femara 7.5mg days 4-8 this month with a trigger on day 11. I am currently 3dpo. Do you know how many follicles you have and what they measured? Wishing you lots of luck!!
shalon1a

Postby kjstanton01 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:02 pm

On Monday I went in to my ultrasound and they found 2 mature follicles. I was pretty happy about this since last month wasn't so good. I took the trigger Tuesday night cause my husband had to go out of town at the last min. The doc office said not to test before 16 days! I've heard and done research that you can do it earlier, but maybe she wants a 100% cause I called last month and was excited about getting a pos. on day 12 or something. Thank you for all the luck! You Too! this waiting game can be super difficult. This may not come out correctly, but Im still unsure if after the trigger we are having intercourse enough. The nurse said do it Wednesday and Thursday. So we will do it both mornings. I've read both sides... do it as much as possible and do it with a good gap so the sperm can build up. Have you asked about this?
Trying our best!
kjstanton01
Friend

Postby kjstanton01 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:21 pm

How is it going ? This medicine makes you feel prego, which makes things even more confusing. I still have a long time before I can test. When did your doc say it was safe to take a prego test? Hope all is well.
shalon1a wrote:I did femara 7.5mg days 4-8 this month with a trigger on day 11. I am currently 3dpo. Do you know how many follicles you have and what they measured? Wishing you lots of luck!!
Trying our best!
kjstanton01
Friend

Postby kjstanton01 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:10 pm

Hmmm I'm trying to recall. I had 2 mature on the left (I always have them on the left) I think one was 19 and the other 20. I also had 2 on the right but they were smaller, 7 and 9 or something. I'm currently 7 days past trigger. Well were playing the waiting game. Best of luck!
Trying our best!
kjstanton01
Friend

Postby Keatonj » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:56 pm

I am getting ready to try it this month. I hope it helps make my cycles nice and normal.
Keatonj

Postby kjstanton01 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:19 am

Keatonj wrote:I am getting ready to try it this month. I hope it helps make my cycles nice and normal.

Wishing you all the best! Yup, it should help with your lining, hormone, and a few other things the lady at my Doc office said. It doesn't help with irregular period cycle though. I took one pill my first month and felt this calmness, hormones. They found polyps at my ultrasound so I had surgery the following month. I had a good month on it while taking 2 pills, but I wanted to see more follicles. Especially since the following month they found another pollyp. The following month they upped to 3 pills. I was very happy with the follicle results 2 mature. But there is a chance with more follicles that you will get a cyst, nothing to worry about, but it makes it so you have to take a break the following month. The next month which is this month, I took 3 again and got great results, 3 mature follicles! I'm on day 15 past trigger (I wanted thing very timed cause of my trouble with pollyps but you dont have to do the trigger shot). I am hoping that I dont start and get a positive tomorrow:)

I liked the idea of femara cause it is out of your system by implantation which means less risky. I don't think the trigger is though.You can get a real hormone shot that comes from another person but its about 1,000 for one shot, so I went with ovedril and try not to take any other meds. I just feel thats healthier, but just me opinion.

Try not to be hard on yourself cause you could get prego the very first time. Sometimes you may need to adjust the meds or timing when you get the ultrasound, I forgot to mention that I had a collapsed follicle at one of my ultrasounds, which means the egg already left the follicle. The egg is to small to see so, well we didn't get prego that month. On the other had this med has given me hope as we have been trying for a very love time, maybe 2 yrs, I try not to count...
Trying our best!
kjstanton01
Friend

Return to Clomid and Femara