First cycle with Clomid, severe ovulation pain :(

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First cycle with Clomid, severe ovulation pain :(

Postby Bex888 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:36 am

Hi Ladies,

Long time reader, first time poster :)

This is our first cycle on Clomid. We've been trying for our second now for close to a year and a half with no success. We desperately want another little angel and a little bro/sis for DS (3).

Today is CD16 and I took the climid day 3-7 as prescribed by my Gyno. Until today I've been extremely lucky and have had zero side effects. I had an internal ultrasound today to check number and size of follicles etc. (Have 1 on right: 22mm and 7 on left but only 2 were large at 15mm and 20mm). I have had them before and have never experienced discomfort whereas today my uterus and left ovary were extremely tender. The Sonographer thought it might just be due to the stimulation from the Clomid and thought nothing of it. Well, after getting home, making DS lunch and eating too I started to experience some cramps, on my left side. I went and laid down and within 5 minutes I was in absolute agony!!! And when I say agony, I mean agony!! I was so much pain (left ovary) that I sounded like a woman in labour. I rang DH and he rushed home and took me to the hospital (we thought it may have been a burst/ruptured cyst.....not that there was any seen on the scan) and after many tests and painkillers it calmed down, however there was no definitive answer to what it was. Tests came back normal. Doctors thought it might have been ovulation pains and let us go home. Since then I've been fine??? I'm so lost!!

So my question to you lovely ladies, have any of you experienced such severe pain during ovulation while on Clomid? Was everything ok? Did you end up conceiving?

Would really love some input!!

xx
Bex888
Friend

Re: First cycle with Clomid, severe ovulation pain :(

Postby Danaa » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:45 am

Hello and welcome!!
Clomid can have this effect on women.
I experienced O pains and I was quite scared but every scan showed everything was clear and in order and my doc told me that experiencing O pains is good Bcs it means our ovaries are nice and clear.My first time experiencing O pains was quite scary Bcs the cramps were pretty intense.
As long as the doc didn't found anything to be worried about I say ur good and the cramps were so painful bcs you ovulated more than one egg.If the pains really bothers you next time(Fx there won't be a next time) ask for a lower dosage.Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: First cycle with Clomid, severe ovulation pain :(

Postby Bex888 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:54 am

Danaa wrote:Hello and welcome!!
Clomid can have this effect on women.
I experienced O pains and I was quite scared but every scan showed everything was clear and in order and my doc told me that experiencing O pains is good Bcs it means our ovaries are nice and clear.My first time experiencing O pains was quite scary Bcs the cramps were pretty intense.
As long as the doc didn't found anything to be worried about I say ur good and the cramps were so painful bcs you ovulated more than one egg.If the pains really bothers you next time(Fx there won't be a next time) ask for a lower dosage.Good luck!

Thanks so much for your reply :) I'm sorry mine's a little late. It's been a hectic week. I am SO tired.
I'm pretty sure I ovulated - on both sides (yippee!!) however will confirm at the 21 day progesterone test. Now the dreaded two week wait begins :(

Best of luck with your IVF :) Sending you loads of baby dust :) x
Bex888
Friend

Return to Clomid and Femara