HSG then Clomid Success?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

HSG then Clomid Success?

Postby KittyKat414 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:43 am

Hi ladies

I'm wondering if anyone has had a BFP right after an HSG ? I'm scheduled for my first HSG on Tuesday. If my tubes are clear, I'll be starting clomid on my next cycle. I've read that a lot of women get thier BFPs the same cycle after their HSG. I'm pretty nervous about it but hoping it helps.. TIA
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
TTC on and off for 7 long years
DH=Perfect in every way
Dx: Mild PCOS
Metformin 1000mg
HSG: 11/08/16 shows left tube may be blocked
6 Femara cycles = :bfn:
NTNP and Praying for a miracle

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: HSG then Clomid Success?

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:08 pm

I don't have experience with it personally, but I know I have seen a lot of people on this site over the years report getting pregnant fairly soon after an HSG. One of my friends recently did IUI I think 2 or 3 cycles after her HSG and she is now I think around 14 weeks pregnant. She had a lot of trouble sustaining a pregnancy in the last couple of years, but thing are looking great this time. I hope the HSG is what you need to get the ball rolling, or at least get some answers. Baby dust and good luck to you!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Thank you! It's scary but Im excited. We gave up TTC 2 years ago since my insurance won't cover an RE and my OBGYN at the time knew I had mild PCOS but didn't want to give me clomid. Last month I called to schedule my regular pap and they told me my regular OBGYN left a year ago and I'd see someone new.

He looked over everything and ran bloodwork, and ultrasounds. I went back for results and he told me I indeed have mild PCOS and he wanted to do the HSG before giving me clomid. I know it's not a guarantee but I'm excited to get answers and maybe have a chance to get that BFP.
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:29 pm

Oh wow. It's amazing the difference between doctors sometimes. It sounds like you have one now that will be way more helpful. I hope he's able to give you some answers and help you on your way to motherhood!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:17 pm

Just wanted to post a quick update. Had my HSG done yesterday. It wasn't painful just uncomfortable and crampy like AF. Everything looked good except the dye did not spill back out of my left tube. I asked the doctor if that meant it was blocked and he responded with "it may be blocked".

He told me not to worry because my everything else looked great and I only need one tube. So, he had me schedule a follow up as soon as I left so we could discuss clomid. Unfortunately, the earliest he had available was mid December which means if I don't get a BFP before then I'll have to wait until January to start the clomid. I'm bummed about my left tube but I'm happy to have some answers after 6 yrs.
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:57 pm

That's great that you finally have some answers! It's so hard to wait on doctors... I have my appointment to get my mirena iud taken out this Friday... I've been waiting for over 2 months. It's so hard when you have to turn your life over to someone else's timeline. Hopefully the HSG flushed out the good tube and paved the way for a BFP before you meet with your doc. ;)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:59 am

Thank you! I've been crampy these past few days and had some good EWCM this morning so hopefully O will happen today or tomorrow. FX'd!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:02 pm

Time to get busy! ;)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:51 pm

Yes! It's been rough though because I'm still adjusting to Metformin. Its been rough on my stomach but I've managed to BD once a day for the last few days. So we'll see! Did you get your IUD out? Hopefully you'll get a BFP right away! My friend's IUD came out by accident and she was pregnant 3 weeks later.. :shock:
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:58 pm

Oh wow! Did she have a healthy pregnancy? I am actually kind of scared and hoping I don't get pregnant this cycle because all of the stories I've read about those positive tests 2-3 weeks after removal have ended in miscarriage. It seems there's better success about 4 weeks out, whether they saw a period or not. We only dtd the night before it came out, so the chance of pregnancy is there, but it's pretty slim considering how much the IUD thins the uterine walls. I REALLY want to see that bfp, but it's probably best if this cycle doesn't produce one.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:08 am

She is due in the next few weeks, actually! She's having a boy and everything is great. She sent me a pic of her bump this morning :) This will be her 2nd baby and she swore she'll never do IUD again. :rofl:

Your son is super handsome BTW! If we do end up pregnant at some point I realllly want a boy. I mean, I'll be excited for a girl too but I think boys are awesome!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:10 pm

Haha I wanted a girl SOOOOO bad that I actually teared up when they told me I was having a boy! I seriously can't imagine life any differently now, though. He is such a joy! I'm not even sure what I'd do with a girl, other than buy ALL THE CLOTHES lol.

That's great news that her pregnancy has gone well. I seriously think that's the first positive story I've heard with such a quick pregnancy. I don't think I'll do the IUD again either, unless it's maybe the copper one. It was great for the first 8 months or so, then I started noticing all these weird little things, but just thought it was still post partum hormones working their way out, and making all sorts of excuses. It finally occurred to me that maybe it was the IUD. Basically my uterus always felt uncomfortable and slightly crampy. Then I started getting anxiety and panic attacks around when my period was due. It got really, really bad. Our original plan was to get it removed in the new year, but after I found evidence online that other people had experienced the anxiety and panic problems with their IUD, I wanted it out immediately. I still had to wait two months, but thank goodness it's out! I'm actually already feeling way better in every way. It's disappointing, because not having a period was fantastic and hormonal birth control does not agree with my body, so we're back to condoms during the fertile window after our next baby. Bleh lol.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:55 pm

Girls are tons of fun! I've helped raise my God Daughter since she was born (she's 10 now) and its been a blast. Her mom is a single mom who has epilepsy and some cognitive delays so I've been very much involved in every aspect of my God Daughters life. She's growing up so fast, it's hard to believe she'll be in middle school next yr.. She's my best friend really, we always shop together and get our nails done. She's a bright kid who's an aspiring artist and I could not be more proud of her. I just hope these teenage years aren't too crazy. LOL I think that's why I'm hoping for a boy. I've loved every second with my God daughter but I'd love to have a little guy running around!

I was on Depo for many year before I reconnected with my hubby and I believe that may be playing a role in my infertility now. I've poured over a ton of articles of women who suffer from infertility after Depo and it makes me sad. At the time though, I had no other options because I can't take oral contraceptives either. I have Cerebral Palsy and am wheelchair bound so the risk of blood clots was too high with pills. So it was either Depo or nothing. At 21 yrs old I was no where near ready for kids and I didn't think of how it would affect me down the line of course. If we do get pregnant, it will probably be my only baby unless the universe has other plans :rofl:
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:52 pm

How fun to have your good daughter! I can see why you'd want a change of pace, though. Fingers crossed you get that little boy!

The more I read about hormonal birth control, the more uncomfortable it makes me. Our bodies are so fine tuned and everything is connected, so messing with hormones seems like it's just asking for trouble! I may also think that because it keeps giving me trouble lol. I know a lot of them work great for a lot of people. I'm sorry to hear the depo has affected your fertility. It's definitely not fair when doing the responsible thing lands you in such a situation!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Clomid and Femara