Clomid cycle 1 - hoping for first pregnancy

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Clomid cycle 1 - hoping for first pregnancy

Postby Jhondy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:57 am

Hi!

My husband and I are trying to have our first child. It has been a rough road with me under going a bunch of tests to find out why I was getting periods. I was concerned that I couldn't have kids. Seeing all my friends get pregnant was not helping my mood during this time. After a bunch of blood tests, everything came back normal. My OB-GYN then became not very helpful and gave me no more direction to help figure out what was going on with me. A couple months ago, I had an ovarian cyst burst and was in the ER for several hours. The ovarian cyst turned out to be a positive because I met my new OB-GYN at the ER. From there my OB-GYN started working with me to have a plan to become pregnant. Unfortunately, I still had a large cyst (that was thought to be an Ovarian cyst and turns out it was something else) that needed to be taken care of first. So, earlier this week, I underwent surgery and had the cyst like mass removed.

I am now starting my first round of Clomid for days 5-9. I also take Metformin every night and will be taking progesterone for days 18-28. I'm praying this works quickly but we've been struggling so much to get pregnant that I'm trying not to be overly hopeful.
Jhondy

Re: Clomid cycle 1 - hoping for first pregnancy

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:50 am

I'm sorry you've had such a rough road. How long have you been ttc? I'm glad you found a new more helpful ob. What cd are you on?

I am on my first round of clomid as well. I do have 4 kids and I struggled with infertility for 4 years before I had my first. It's been 2 years since I had a baby and we have been actively ttc for 16 months. I had lap done to remove some mild endo a few months ago. I took 50 mg clomid days 5 - 9 as well. I didn't ovulate till cd 25/26 though so I don't think I responded that well to the clomid. If this cycle doesn't work out then the dr is upping my dosage for the next 2 cycles then switching me to femara. I had an ob which I loved for 13 years and she retired and I had to see a diff dr in the same practice which would not help me at all with infertility. She told me since I was ovulating I didn't need any medications. I'm 36 and I know fertility declines at 35 and had been trying for so long I wanted to try something. Anyway she moved so I got a new ob again and she was more than willing to help me out with trying the meds. It is hard to be hopeful after trying for so long and seeing bfn after bfn. I don't think much will come from this cycle since I od so late. I'm currently 4/5 dpo. When I got pregnant the first time I was on metformin as well. My dr was going to add clomid after I had been on the met a couple months but turned out I didn't need it then. I hope the clomid works for you. Do you temp and do opks?
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jhondy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:34 pm

We've been ttc for over 2 years now. I'm on CD 8 so tomorrow is my last day of clomid. Thankfully my side effects from it haven't been bad. I'm just hoping this works. My doctor is giving me three months before she does more tests on me.

I do not temp and do opks. Depending what happens with the clomid will depend on if I start that.
Jhondy

Postby NSP214 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:31 am

Hey ladies!!! Can I join you all?? I'm on day 3 round 1 of Clomid...two more days left and I will start bd'ng on Saturday. We've been ttc for 4 years now and have had 1000's of tests done. My OH is fine and I had a prolactinoma (pituitary brain tumor) that releases the hormone prolactin which is found in pregnant women...so this hormone tells the body not to ovulate. I've finally gotten that under control now so I'm hoping for a BFP soon
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby New path.... » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:04 pm

Hello... I am very new to the site and trying to conceive again after having my first child 11 years ago. On day 3 of Clomid and so far minor side effects..mostly tired. I would like to join in the convo with everyone.
New path....

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:03 am

Hey new path. Welcome. I'm on my second round of clomid. I'm like currently maybe 2 dpo. I took 100mg days 3-7. Do you ovulate on your own or no? I did but didn't have strong o so dr is trying this. I'm almost 37 so I think age is a factor in mine.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby New path.... » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:01 am

Hello mommaof4. Yes I ovulate but similar to you age is a factor,too. I am 40 and this is my first time using clomid. After clomid the doctor said I'll use an injectable.
New path....

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:37 am

Since we already have 4 kids we aren't going to do anything else except femara then we will go to NTNP. We feel like it's in Gods hands and if I'm suppose to have another I will and if not we've been very blessed with what we have. It took 4 years to get pg with my first but the others I didn't have any problems getting pregnant. I had my last at age 33. We started trying right before i turned 35. I wouldn't have thought my fertility would've declined that quickly. What mg of clomid are you taking?
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby New path.... » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:26 am

50 mg of clomid. Taking two tablets for 5 days. Today is my 4 the day. Mid next week I'll have an appointment to check the size of my ovaries and the doc will tell me when to complete the injectable. Not sure how many days are in between the injectable and the insemination.
New path....

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:22 am

So you are using clomid Plus injectables and doing iui as well? So you are on 100mg clomid daily since you take 2 right? That's what I did. I really hope first time works for you!! Have you had any testing done to see if there are any issues? I know you said you had a child 11 years ago but just wondered how long you've been trying.

I'm not monitored with being on clomid and that really sucks bc I don't know what's really going on. I normally temp to see if and when I o but this month has been so chaotic with my gma being sick and then she passed last week. i had already taken 4 days of clomid and then we decided we were going to take a break from ttc this month due to all of the stress but when I got a positive opk on cd 15 we couldn't resist and went ahead with ttc since it looks like I responded better to the upped dosage. I didn't o last month on the 50 until cd 27 I think. So I actually only got 4 days of clomid in this month. I feel like I've ovulated but I can't be for sure. I just know cycle wise this month has been better.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby New path.... » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:47 am

Yes. 100 mg of clomid, injectable, and IUI. A lot happening. I didn't have problems before but I think my years of using birth control aged my reproductive tract .
New path....

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:07 pm

I was on birth control after I had my last baby and haven't been on it before except when I was a teenager. I often wonder if those few months of being on the pill after I had my last messed something up in me as well. I wouldn't have thought 4/5 months of it would've messed me up but you never know. What kind of injectable will you be using?
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby New path.... » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:18 am

The depo provera shot caused a lot of havoc .I don't have the name of the injectable with me.
New path....

Postby Podgirl » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi. My husband and I are trying also. This will be our first pregnancy. Im on my second round of clomid 50mg days 3-7, then estrogen (6mg daily) days 8-12 and progesterone 2x daily starting day 17. Im currently having cramping, frequent urination, hot flashes and gas(which I never have). I'm currently on cd18. I'm praying for success this time around. Will keep you in my prayers also!
Podgirl

Postby New path.... » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:22 pm

Thanks Podgirl. This is my first round of clomif and it has been a quick learning lesson.
New path....

Next

Return to Clomid and Femara