3rd cycle of femara still no pregnancy

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

3rd cycle of femara still no pregnancy

Postby Twinklestarjo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi I've just finished my 3rd round of 2.5mg femara and not had pregnancy. 1st round tested my progesterone day 21 said looks like I ovulated. I seem to ovulate but then get period 10 days later. This was my problem before they started me on femara. I ovulated around day 21 then period 8-10 days later all femara has done us bring my ovulation forward to around day 10-14 but period still comes 10 days later now my cycles are really short. I take seven seas trying to conceive multi vitamin plus 100mg vitamin b6 and 75mg aspirin.

Now I have no pills left I have a 4mth wait on my next appointment with consultant.

Anyone else had similar to above? Don't know what else to try to lengthen my luteal phase. So disappointed femara hasn't worked. Pinned all my hopes on it.
Twinklestarjo
Friend

Re: 3rd cycle of femara still no pregnancy

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:57 pm

I'm so sorry things haven't worked out for you. I also have a 10, occasionally 11, day luteal phase. I was able to get pregnant with my son on our 3rd cycle trying. I worried a lot about my luteal phase length, but it didn't seem to be a problem in the end. I have heard that vitamin b6 can lengthen it by a day or two, and possibly b12. I read you should always take them together to keep things in balance. Oh, and I O'd CD 20 that cycle I got pregnant. I hope that at least helps you to know someone with similar stats had a successful pregnancy.

Lastly, and I honestly don't know if this made any difference at all, I drank a preconception tea that cycle. It is supposed to prepare the uterine lining for implantation. I had an implantation dip at 4 dpo and implantation bleeding at 5 dpo, so it seems implantation was able to occur pretty quickly. I got my bfp by 10dpo, the day af was due. If you want to check out the tea, search for preconception tea by Herb Lore on Amazon. I think it was raspberry leaf, Dandelion, peppermint, and a couple of other things. I got that one because it did not contain vitex like a lot of others do and I had read mixed things about vitex at that point.

I hope you see some success soon!
Last edited by BeeCee33 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twinklestarjo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Thank you that's such positive news to hear and congratulations to you!

I had a natural pregnancy in May just as I was due to start femara but sadly ended in MC at 8wks. I waited 1 cycle after my D&C then started femara and think I was convinced it would work straight away but now that's me used up 3 rounds just feel totally deflated. My due date for that pregnancy is next month and just really wanted to be pregnant when that time comes but guess it's not to be.

I will defo get some of that tea. Thanks so much for the tip x
Twinklestarjo
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:45 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. The fact that you have gotten pregnant before is very promising, though! Fingers crossed you don't have to wait for your next appointment and will see another natural BFP before then!

A side note on the tea- I think it may have pushed O back a few days for me, as now I'm Oing around CD 16 and that cycle I drank it, O was CD 20. I don't have enough data charted to verify that, but I figure if it did push it back, maybe that's part of how it strengthens the uterine lining, by giving it a few extra days to prepare?

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twinklestarjo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:17 pm

That would be good if it did that for me because now I have no femara left think I will go back to O around day 21.

It defo is positive I got naturally pregnant. It took us ttc to get there and the relief we felt was amazing but unfortunately it wasn't to be.

We have both been tested and all clear so its unexplained infertility. I was hoping they would give me progesterone as well as femara to help lengthen my luteal phase. Maybe I will get that at the next appointment. It's just all this waiting!!! Feels like all I do is wait!!
Twinklestarjo
Friend

Postby KittyKat414 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:58 pm

I just wanted to wish you luck and encourage you! I just started Femara yesterday and I'm hoping it will give me my first BFP ..ever. My doctor is confident it will work but he also reminded me it may take a few cycles to figure out what dose is best. I've read wonderful success stories of couples who tried everything including IVF and no BFP and then they try Femara and BAM BFP. FX you get your BFP soon!

Hi BeeCee!!!! :hi:
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
TTC on and off for 7 long years
DH=Perfect in every way
Dx: Mild PCOS
Metformin 1000mg
HSG: 11/08/16 shows left tube may be blocked
6 Femara cycles = :bfn:
NTNP and Praying for a miracle

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:59 pm

:hi: Hi Kat! That's exciting that you're starting femara. I hope it does the trick for you!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twinklestarjo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:04 am

Wishing you lots of luck too it's exciting to start it and really hope it works for you x
Twinklestarjo
Friend

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:10 am

Have you just used femara or did you try clomid first? I just did my first round of clomid and it lengthened my lp from 10-11 days to 13/14. Well I started spotting this morning so if I get full blown af today it will be a 13 day Lp. My dr is doing 3 rounds of clomid upping my dose each month then if none of them work switching me to femara. I wish you lots of luck and hope you find something that works. I also do the b6 and b12 combo to help lp. You might want to see about progesterone after o too bc it can help as well.
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Twinklestarjo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi, no doc just put me straight on femara no mention of clomid at all or giving me progesterone. In all out of femara and not got doc app til end of month so I will go this cycle without anything so be interesting to see if ov or lp any different.

Thanks for your advice. Wishing you lots of luck too. A new year so hopefully new beginnings for us all x
Twinklestarjo
Friend

Return to Clomid and Femara