Round one Day 4 of clomid. Anyone want to be buddies?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Round one Day 4 of clomid. Anyone want to be buddies?

Postby Jzscott » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:09 am

Hi ladies, I'm taking 100mg of clomid from days 3-7. I'm currently on my 4th day. I haven't noticed any side effects yet. Normally I ovulate very late, if at all. I'll probably start using OPKs 3 days after my last pill and we'll probably start DTD 3 days after my last pill as well.

This will be my second time taking clomid. I got pregnant in March of 2015 on my 3rd round of clomid and had my son in December.

Tell me about your journey!
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Round one Day 4 of clomid. Anyone want to be buddies?

Postby Podgirl » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi. I'm currently on my 2nd round of clomid 50mg. This will be my first pregnancy. I'm on cd18 and I'm currently having hot flashes, gas, cramping and frequent urination.
Podgirl

Postby Jzscott » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:34 pm

Hey! Sorry I just saw this response. Are you in your tww or are you waiting to ovulate? You think those symptoms are because of clomid? Did you ovulate on your first round?
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kjohnell » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi! My name is Kat. DH and I have been trying for our first for almost two years. We finally went to OB and we are on our first round of Clomid. I am currently in my TWW - 4DPO. I O'd on 2/2. Can I join you guys?
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Kat): 33
DH: 29
TTC #1 since 2/2015
BFP 5/17/2017!!!
kjohnell
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi! Of course you can join. I just got my positive opk today! I'm hoping I ovulate quickly as my husband and I are running out of steam to DTD anymore. When do you plan to test? We leave tomorrow for a week and I'm SOOO glad I'm ovulating right when we leave. That way I'm in my tww while we're gone and don't have the urge to test and we don't have to worry about trying to DTD so often in a strange place. I have my fingers crossed for you that this is your month! Clomid worked for me last time so I'm hoping it works this time as well :) keep me updated!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kjohnell » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:05 pm

Wow! That sounds like perfect timing! I think I will wait a little longer to test this time since I had an HCG trigger shot. I would be devastated if I got a false positive b/c I have never actually seen those two little lines before other than on OPK. When will you test? I just transferred my Kindara chart to Fertility Friend. FF is such a better application for charting! I had a temp dip below coverline this AM which was upsetting but I am trying not to read into it too much since I temped at an odd time. Well I hope you have an amazing trip! Update me when you get back! Sending abundant dust!

BTW - can you tell me how I upload a picture?
My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 since 2/2015
BFP 5/17/2017!!!
kjohnell
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:27 pm

well hopefully by the time you decide to test it will be a true positive and not just from the trigger! I think I'm a little more patient and less of a POAS addict since having my first. I'm hoping to wait until at least 10dpo. I believe I'm 1 dpo. And if I don't have a positive by 12 dpo I'll assume I'm out. I've never tried FF because I don't temp but I've heard good things about it! I hope your temperature stays high!

To upload a picture you have to first upload it to a website like tinypic.com then that website will give you a link to post. It should have like 4 links to choose from and just copy the one that says for forums and paste it on here. It's pretty simple. I hope I made some sense.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Roxy_girl » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Hey girls,

I was hoping I could join you. I was on another board for a while, but it has gone quiet since most of them got their BFPs. I am in the dreadful TWW following my third round of Clomid. June will be 2 years of TTC, and it is weighing quite heavily on me. My doctor gave me a prescription for 6 rounds of Clomid, but I really don't think I can wait it out that long. It gives me hope that your third round worked for you, JzScott! This month I tried to relax- no temping, no OPKs, etc. The temping made me crazy! So, now I tested on Saturday, which was only 9dpo, and obviously it was a BFN. I'm going to try again on Tuesday, but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, so my hopes aren't so high :? I usually try to stay positive, but it's getting hard!

Any updates from you? Best wishes to you all.
Roxy_girl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Jzscott » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi Roxy, I'm sorry for the long journey of TTC. It's a rough road. Even if you do all the right things at the right time it still sometimes ends up not working. I'm currently 6dpo with not really any unusual symptoms. I have sore boobs but I always get that and I've had some random cramping here and there but that's about it. I'll probably cave and test at 9dpo even though I know it's too soon. I'm praying it works on the first round because we BD on all the right days. If not, my doctor will do 3 rounds before moving me on to a RE. I wonder why your doctor gave you 6 rounds. Hopefully it doesn't take that long! If you're ever unsure about your pregnancy test post a picture and I'll squint with you! I have a progesterone draw tomorrow. I'm surprised I'm actually going into my blood draw having ovulated exactly 7 days ago. Last time on clomid I always ovulated much later than my day 21 blood draw. Anyway, I have my fingers
Crossed for you and I hope to see your BFP very soon!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kjohnell » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi and welcome Roxy! I am sorry you have had a difficult time TTC. I definitely know how you feel - DH and I are at the two year mark as well and TTC #1. I am 11 DPO and first round of Clomid with HCG trigger shot on CD13 and boosters on 1 DPO and 4 DPO.

So I broke down and tested when I probably should not have! Grrr! Why do I do this to myself!!? It's like I am asking for more torture. I truly wasn't expecting a line to show up. I tested at 9 DPO and there was a barely there faint line. I did not test the trigger shot out. So now I'm in a limbo stage where I don't know if it is leftover HCG from trigger shot, or a true BFP. So I tested again this AM and it appears to be darker! Great! Surely if it was trigger shot it would get lighter not darker right?! Wrong. Based on my extensive Google research (guilty!), it appears to happen to a lot of women probably based on what time they tested (i.e. FMU or AN) and how diluted urine is. So I tested again this afternoon and proved that to be true b/c the line is lighter once again. I guess now I just have to keep testing to see if it continues to get darker or lighter. Good think I have 20 IC's handy. FF has AF due this Saturday, however I have an app I have been using for 7 years that has AF due tomorrow which may be slightly more accurate due to 7 years of data. Temp dipped to cover line this morning - soooo not feeling super great right now :(

How is everyone else!? I will post some pics of the tests to get your opinions. Keeping fingers crossed for all!
My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 since 2/2015
BFP 5/17/2017!!!
kjohnell
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 pm

Kj, have your tests got any darker or are you still in limbo? I've been testing since 8dpo and I'm now 10dpo and still getting negatives. I got my progesterone tested at 7dpo and it showed a weak ovulation but I've done research and a lot of people have still gotten pregnant with a lower progesterone level at 7dpo so I'm staying a little hopeful. I did get a positive pregnancy test with my son at 8dpo so I'm a little apprehensive but I'll just try again next month. He was born in December 2015 so I don't want another December baby. I'll have to skip a cycle if next month doesn't work and hope for a January baby.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kjohnell » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:03 am

AF started for me :( On to Round 2 of Clomid. I must have tested out the HCG shot. What DPO are you? I wouldn't worry about the BFN as long as AF doesn't show! Do you chart? Also, we have a great group of women over in 2017 Baby Buddies. You should come over and introduce yourself!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=245858&start=375
My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 since 2/2015
BFP 5/17/2017!!!
kjohnell
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:04 pm

I'm sorry af showed up :( mine is due on Tuesday. I don't even have Pms symptoms. I had slightly sore boobs right after ovulation and that slight tenderness comes and goes. It's the weirdest cycle ever. I introduced myself on that forum and by the time I came back and read responses there were like 4 new pages and I was so lost! Maybe I'll come try again. It's nice to have lots of people to talk to that are going through the same thing. What are your plans for next cycle?
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Clomid and Femara