Ghost forums. Anyone?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ghost forums. Anyone?

Postby Jzscott » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:56 pm

Last time I was TTC I felt like I was never short of someone to connect with. Now, just one year later, everyone's gone! Is there anyone around still TTC? Are you taking clomid or femara? How long have you been trying?
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Ghost forums. Anyone?

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:08 pm

Not on clomid or femara, but just wanted to say I agree, it's much slower here these days! I think I remember seeing your picture back in late 2014 when I first joined. If you need some buddies, we've got a good, busy buddy group going titled "2017 Baby Buddies (5)" and you're welcome to join us. :)
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi! I'd love to join! I remember seeing your name back then! What a cute little boy you have. Where can I find the group?
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:38 pm

Aw thank you. :) You can find the group here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=245665
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:13 am

Starting round 2 of Femara today. 2.5mg CD 3-7. Looking for a Femara buddy!!!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
TTC on and off for 7 long years
DH=Perfect in every way
Dx: Mild PCOS
Metformin 1000mg
HSG: 11/08/16 shows left tube may be blocked
6 Femara cycles = :bfn:
NTNP and Praying for a miracle

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Jzscott » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:28 pm

Hi kittykat! I'm on clomid, not femara, but I'm waiting to ovulate right now. I'm currently on CD 10. Will you be using OPKS?
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:58 pm

Hi!!!
Yes, I will be. Last month I got a + on CD 13. It was my first medicated cycle ever so I didn't know what to expect.

On CD 12 my ovaries were on FIRE so I tested and it was almost positive that evening. Then on CD 13 it was blazing.

I didn't have anything in the way of CM though. So, I'm assuming it's the Femara because I was having an abundance of CM in months prior. I ordered some pre seed for this cycle to see if that helps because I had nothing going on :rofl:

Are you being monitored? I'm unmonitored and doing TI on CDs 10,12,14 and 16. Depending on when my OPK shows + we'll BD an extra day if we have to. Are you testing for O already? :luck:
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Jzscott » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:37 pm

Sounds like femara is doing its job with you! Hopefully this cycle is the one! I started using opks last night. It was really faint. I don't think I'll ovulate until the very earliest February 8th but you never know. I'm getting a progesterone blood draw on feb 14th but I'm not getting follicle scans or anything. We're just DTD every other day until I'm close to ovulation or get my positive opk then we'll DTD everyday for a few days. I have my fingers crossed for you this cycle!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:44 pm

Just took my 2nd pill tonight. So far no side effects. Last month I had headaches and hot flashes everyday I was taking them. So, Yay! I'm only CD 4 today and probably won't get my positive until CD 12-13.. Seems like forever :doh:

Thank you! I'm really praying this is my month. My OBGYN will do 4 more rounds if needed but after that I won't be able to afford an RE since it isn't covered by insurance for me.

FX'd for you too! How many rounds of Clomid did you need for your first baby?
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Jzscott » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:43 am

It seems like forever when you're waiting to ovulate and then in the TWW. Luckily cd 12-13 isn't that long to wait. I'm glad you have no side effects! I think I had a couple side effects last time I took it but this time I don't feel anything. I got my positive opk with my son on cd 21. I felt like it was never going to happen. I took 3 rounds. Two at 50mg of clomid and my last was 100mg. I started this time with 100mg and I'm hoping it works! My doctor last time said he would do 3 rounds before sending me to an RE and he'll do the same this time. Our insurance doesn't cover infertility either so I'm really hoping it doesn't take more than 3 rounds.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:07 am

I'd like to join. I'm on my second cycle of clomid. My dr is doing 3 rounds of clomid upping the dose each month. I did 100mg this month days 3-7. First month was 50 mg days 5-9 and I didn't get positive opk till cd 26 or something like that. I got positive opk this month at cd 15 so I'm hoping I responded better this month. I wasn't able to temp this month due to altered life circumstances so I can't confirm ovulation except from positive opks and signs and symptoms. I'm currently 8 dpo. No pregnancy symptoms yet though. After 3 rounds of clomid my ob is switching me to femara then that's the end of the road for us since we can't afford an RE and my insurance doesn't cover any infertility treatment.
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:09 am

Hi Momma!

I just saw your test from today. (8dpo) FX'd this is it for you! My doctor decided to skip Clomid altogether because he thinks Femara works "a little better" Hopefully you won't need it though since you seem to have responded well this cycle!

It seems like we're all in the same boat as far as treatments go. The cost of an RE and treatments is just so overwhelming and nothing is guaranteed. Someone suggested I get a loan to cover the cost if needed but I can't imagine putting my husband and I into thousands of dollars debt just to be left empty handed.

An IUI alone, after bloodwork, US, RE visits and meds is close to $5,000 here. That's not something we can do right now. So I'm praying Femara works! I have two pills left to take, one tonight and my last one tomorrow. Then it's time to get busy. :D

Jz,

How are those OPKs looking? Hopefully you'll get a + soon!!!

:luck: and FX'd this is our month ladies!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:20 pm

I was considering asking my dr to skip the last clomid cycle and go straight to the femara. I'm afraid of my lining getting too thin after the 3 clomid months. Does femara affect your cm like clomid can? I don't have good cm anyway but haven't really noticed less than my normal.

I hate the waiting to o part! Last month when I didn't o till like day 28 I was going mad! I wore my poor hubby out thinking I was missing it bc I had several close looking opks before my real positive. In fact this month I almost missed it bc I wasn't going to even test the morning I got my positive opk bc I wasn't expecting it as early as it happened.

I don't even know how much an RE and all that would cost but I know it wouldn't be affordable. I would think about getting a loan or figure something out if I didn't already have 4 kids. It took me 4 years to get pregnant with my first. I had/have pcos. I'm not sure it ever goes away but I've lost a lot of weight and I don't have the symptoms except the abnormal hair growth anymore. I haven't had a scan of my ovaries to see if I still have cysts or not. I did have lap done too to check for endo and I do have mild endo. They removed it. That's been 4 months ago. I was able to get pregnant with my other 3 from loosing weight and I was on metformin when I got pg with my first. I really think my age is a factor now though. I thought we were done after my last baby but my dh talked me into just 1 more. Sometimes I feel selfish wanting another when so many on here are struggling just to get their first.

I just wish I had some sort of pregnancy symptoms. I never had any early symptoms with my others so I know it's still possible to be pg without feeling anything.

Do you have any side effects from the femara? Also if you don't mind me asking how much do you pay for it? Do any of you take any vitamins or do anything else to aid in conception? I take a ton of vitamins and we used soft cups this month. I've seen 17 months or so of bfns so it's really hard to expect a bfp. I think that's pretty common thing for a lot of us. I want to be hopeful but I just can't get there. Are any of you monitored? You all might've said so in the earlier posts but I forgot. I'm not monitored.
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Momma,

Maybe the increase in dosage is all you need. Don't count yourself out yet! It's still so early! That being said, IF you need another round, you should express those concerns to your Dr. and see if he can switch you sooner.

As far as CM goes, yes Femara seemed to dry me up. I read it supposed to be better for CM than Clomid, but I have no way to compare of course. In my case, I'm also on Metformin and have mild PCOS. I've been on Metformin since October and was having some awesome CM. I even asked on here if that was normal after starting Metformin because it took me by surprise. I did my first cycle of Femara last month and there was NOTHING even after a + OPK. So, I ordered Pre-seed for this cycle to see if that helps.

The side effects are minimal on Femara, mostly pesky headaches and hot flashes last month but I'm feeling fine this cycle. My insurance covered the cost of Femara since it is marketed as a drug to treat breast cancer. (scary I know) But it's becoming the preferred route over clomid because it seems to work better among those of us with PCOS. But, before I knew it was covered, I think it was something like $60-$70 for 5 pills.

Other than the Pre-seed and OPKs I'm not doing anything else. I was going to temp but I don't want anymore to worry about. The softcups are a good idea though. I might do that next month if needed. I'm also unmonitered btw.

I'm 36 and TTC my first so I understand how you feel. This is my only option, and I want it to happen NOW before it's too late. DO NOT feel bad for feeling that way even though you have children already. Whether or not it's your first or your tenth child, you still have a mother's heart. Seeing those BFNs is never easy but WE will get those BFPs. Stay positive! :fingers crossed:
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Jzscott » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:29 pm

Welcome Momma! I know you've been pregnant before so you know the deal but having no symptoms right now isn't necessarily a bad thing! I didn't have any real symptoms until 6 weeks pregnant! When do you plan to test again? don't feel bad for TTC again when you already have children! You should have as many as you want. Im on my first round of 100mg of clomid waiting to ovulate. I'm cd 14 today and have loads of ewcm and lower abdominal cramps. My opks are getting darker so I hope my positive is just around the corner! We've been BD every other day. Once I get my positive we'll do it every day for a few days. The cycle I conceived my son I didn't get my positive opk until cd 21! I really feel like I'm going to ovulate sooner than last time. I'm like you both though, only 3 rounds until I'm done. Then we'll be back to trying naturally unless my doctor will let me take femara. My insurance doesn't cover infertility either.

Kitty, how are your opks looking?
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Clomid and Femara