Ghost forums. Anyone?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Ghost forums. Anyone?

Postby KittyKat414 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:01 pm

Jz,

We had a nice Valentine's day. Didn't do much in the way of going out. We stayed home and cooked dinner together and watched a movie. It was perfect. :) How about you girls?

Are you having any "symptoms" Jz? I had a weird hot flash this morning but it's probably just hormones at this point.

It's so hard for me to know when I O now. Before we started TTC again my BBs would always hurt the day after O. Like clockwork, for the last 3 months though, nothing. Since being on Femara my CM has disappeared too. I had some EWCM a few days before my positive OPK but it was gone after that. So, I can't go by either. LOL I thought about temping but the thought alone stresses me out. :doh:

FX'd for us! I'm sure your progesterone will be good! Keep us posted!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
TTC on and off for 7 long years
DH=Perfect in every way
Dx: Mild PCOS
Metformin 1000mg
HSG: 11/08/16 shows left tube may be blocked
6 Femara cycles = :bfn:
NTNP and Praying for a miracle

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Jzscott » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:37 pm

That's exactly what we did for Valentine's Day. Makes things much easier and less expensive!

I've had slightly sore boobs since right after ovulation but absolutely nothing else. I tested today and it was negative. I was sure it would be. I actually got a call shortly after saying my progesterone on 7dpo was only 8.9 which means I ovulated but very weak and likely not a healthy enough egg for pregnancy. That's disappointing. I was sure I ovulated and it felt nice and strong and my opk was so positive. My doctor suggested staying at 100mg and trying again so I'll do that after I get my next period.

Any other symptoms for you, besides the hot flashes? I didn't have any with my son. Well I had slightly sore boobs, some cramping and thirsty but that's about it until I was about 6 weeks along. Im hoping you get your positive! When do you think you'll test?
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Jz,

That stinks :( Fx'd for a stronger O next month. How many cycles did you do the first time? I forget. I know it's tough not to be discouraged. I felt that way last month after the 1st round of Femara. If this round is a bust for me I'm asking if I can be upped to 5mg. I read somewhere thats equal to 100mg of clomid. I just don't want to waste another month at 2.5 if it's not working. Do you have room to go up if needed? Not sure how clomid works.

As for me I'm having some crampy type pains almost like O pains on both sides. Nothing major just noticeable. I had another hot flash this morning but again, I've had cycles with hot flashes. The ovulation type pain I had the cycle I had my HSG in November. So we'll see what happens, I'm trying so hard not to obsess.

I think I might test on the 24th. That would put me some where between 10-12dpo I'm guessing. Let's see if I can hold out that long. FX'd!
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Jzscott » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:23 pm

Hopefully you can wait until the 24th! Your symptoms sound promising. Cramping is always a good sign. Well maybe not all cramping, but at least your body's doing something! Hopefully you won't have to do anymore rounds.

I did 3 rounds of clomid to conceive my son. Two at 50mg and the last one was 100 mg. I had a different doctor at the time and he said I could only do 3 before he'd refer me to a RE so I was very lucky to have conceived on my last round. My progesterone when it was checked then was only 2.9 but I had just ovulated and my doctor refused to test it at 7dpo and insisted on testing on cd 21, saying that if you didn't ovulate by cd 14 you weren't going to. I took his advice for the first two rounds but by the 3rd, having consistently got my positive opk much later than cd 14, I decided to keep BDing and wait for my period. I ended up testing at 8dpo and getting a super faintljne and by 10dpo it was a true line. I actually took maybe 30 tests to make sure I was pregnant. I'll never forget it!

Anyway, I'm actually not super down about not conceiving this time I'm more upset that clomid didn't help me ovulate like I had hoped. I'm just hoping next time I have a stronger ovulation! I still have my fingers crossed for your BFP!!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MPH » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:23 am

Hi,
I am hoping to join in too as I could use some support/sharing!
A little background I have know I have PCOS and an under active thyroid since college. Back 2009 when I started TTC my first I knew it might not happen on its own so I tried for 6 months then went to a RE but luckily spontaneously ovulated while being evaluated same thing happened in 2011. Now fast forward to 2016/2017 off birth control again went to GYN but b/c I was not cycling sent me back to a RE got all the test done they looked alright for pcos but I was not ovulating on my own (no period since Nov.) so I started on Letrozole two pills at end of January. Went to see if it was working after I didn't detect a surge with OPK at home but after blood and U/S on Sunday 2/12 and Tuesday 2/14 doctor said it had not worked so started 3 pills for 5 days on 2/14. I go for an U/S 2/22 to see if it is working.
MPH

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Jz so you didn't ovulate this month? I didn't know if you were referring to when you got pregnant the first time or this cycle. My brain is a bit smushy right now. Lol What mg of clomid did you do this month? I know you have said but I forgot. 50mg didn't work for me. I had a way late o and it wasn't strong. I bet you just need an upped dosage.

Hi mph and welcome! So are you ttc #1? Hopefully the upped dosage works for you!!

Kitty I agree you ought to increase your dose if the 2.5 isn't doing it. No time for wasting time is the way I look at it. I'm glad my dr let me up doses each month. Hoping this month is it for you though!! How many dpo do you think you are now? I don't know how you hold out on testing
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi girls!!!

Jz,

The next cycle will be here before we know it! My first cycle on Femara went by so fast and this one is flying by too!! Hopefully the next one will be the one. :D

MPH,

I'm sorry the lower dose didn't work for you but I'm sure the higher dose will! I'm on the lowest dose right now too. (2nd round) I've read nothing but good things about Femara so I'm hopeful it will work for us. :) Looking forward to updates as you go along!!

Momma,

Pregnancy brain? LOL How are you feeling otherwise? When do you go for a scan? I'm anywhere between 5-6dpo. I got my +OPK on the 10th but since I don't temp so it's a guesstimate LOL

I had another hot flash this morning. It seems to be happening when I first wake up. I had a weird pain behind my belly button earlier. It lasted only a few seconds and was gone. Again, all things I've felt in different cycles so I'm trying not to read too far into things. :rofl:
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Jzscott » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:29 pm

Kitty- I can't help but think your symptoms sound like BFP symptoms to me! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hope I'll be seeing you post your positive test for all of us to see in maybe a week!

Momma- sorry to be so confusing! I took 100mg of clomid this round and I got pregnant with my son on 100mg clomid last time. My doctor said I could up the dose if I wanted but if you're already ovulating it can do more harm than good so I opted to keep doing 100mg next month. I ovulated on 100 this time it was just not a "good quality" ovulation if that makes any sense. I'm kind of wishing I upped my dose but maybe it'll work out. Do you have a lot of pregnancy symptoms? Have you told your kids yet? Or anyone else?

MPh- welcome! I'm sorry the lower dosage didn't work for you. Hopefully a higher dosage will do better and you'll get your BFP! What a long TTC journey you've had! Did you take a break for a little while? Is that why you were on BC?
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MPH » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:23 am

Hi All,
I should clarify I have 4 and 6 year old from the spontaneous ovulation in early 2010 and and late 2011.

Jzscott I hope Clomid works for you this cycle at least you ovulated so our body is at least responding to it. I am hoping the 7.5 dose work I should know more Wednesday. I was on BC because I thought after two kids I was done and didn't want to try again and end up where I am now... but changed mt mind and now want a third.

Kitty I hope the lowest dose works for you I am on 7.5 now I started at 5 last round.

Momma-of4 good luck. I am TTC #3

Is everyone trying relations opposed to IUI and are any of you using a trigger shot? I am trying relations. If this last cycle had worked we were not going to use a trigger shot but now it sounds like the doctor wants to us a trigger shot this cycle if my follicle grow enough.
MPH

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:54 am

Mph I was considering a trigger shot had I not gotten pregnant this last cycle bc I would get a positive opk and wouldn't ovulate for sometimes 4-5 days after my phone surge. When I was ovulating without meds I wasn't getting a strong ovulation either. Does your insurance cover any infertility treatment? After I had my third we decided to be done but when I turned 33 I decided I wanted 1 more. I actually got pg the first month we tried. I was done after that one as well but then dh talked me in to one more. We started trying when my last was almost 1. It took us 18 months to conceive this time.

Jz I get it now. Sorry I was misunderstanding you. Without meds I didn't get strong ovulation either. I didn't at 50mg of clomid either. My dr knew I was on borrowed time so decided to up my dose after each month of bfn. I'm glad I didn't wait around. Have you ever considered temping?

Kitty I got terrible hot flashes with the clomid. Mostly night sweats. I'd wake up drenched in the night. It was disgusting!! Oh I hope that pain was implantation!! I started having some cramps at what I thought to be the evening of 5 dpo. Are you an early tester?

I'm feeling pretty good. Just a little crampy still. I'm getting the round ligament pain already. Still peeing tons and my left boob hurts. lol I'm 5 weeks 1 day I think. I'm not sure if I will get a scan Thursday or not at my first appt. you better believe I'm going to beg for one. I found some more tests I had stashed away. I pee on one every couple of days just to make sure I'm still pregnant. Haha

Hoping to see some more bfps from you ladies!!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Momma- how did you find out you weren't ovulating for 4-5 days after your surge? Did you have a luteal phase defect?
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:35 pm

I temped and wouldn't get my temp shift for days after my positive opk. Also my temp shifts were not good spikes and it was really hard to tell exactly when I od bc of that. That's also a sign of weak ovulation. I wished I had temped this last cycle to see what my temps looked like with a good ovulation. It was hard to pinpoint my lp since ovulation day was hard to distinguish. It went from 10/11/12 days to 14 when I was on clomid
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:31 pm

That's so frustrating! It's a good thing you temped and figured it out though!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KittyKat414 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:16 pm

Hey girls,

Caved today I had cramping last night and some CM when I wiped. This morning I had more CM when I wiped so I tested. BFN. :| I'm at most 9dpo so I know it's early but it stinks. :(
(Me)Kat 37
(DH) 35
DH=Perfect in every way
Metformin 1000mg

My Ovulation Chart

KittyKat414
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Momma-of4 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:58 pm

I'm sorry kitty!! Most don't get bfps that early though. You still have time!!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend