17 days late after first round of Clomid

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

17 days late after first round of Clomid

Postby Gr8nessng » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:49 am

Hi ladies!

I'm new to the site and I need a little insight. I finished my first round of clomid in February. AF was due to arrive on the 6th of this month, but still is a no show. I've taken 3 hpts and all were negative. I'm just wondering if clomid normally causes a delay and is it possible to still be pregnant even after all the negatives? At this point I'm expecting AF to arrive, however, my husband seems to believe that I'm pregnant.

Please share your stories, information, and/or advice! :-)
Gr8nessng

Re: 17 days late after first round of Clomid

Postby Danaa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:54 pm

I have no personal experience with clomid but for some ladies clomid lengthened their LP with a few days but definitely not 17 days.
You are either pregnant and is not showing on a hpt or you didn't ovulate.What is your doctor saying?
What days did you took clomid?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gr8nessng » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:22 am

I used clomid days 4-8. I just had an ultrasound done on Thursday and was informed that my lining was a little over 7. She didn't notice anything odd, but I had a positive opk on Wednesday. I had over 20 follicles on the left and over 15 on the right. One large follicle was about 15, but she said it was probably larger the day that I got the positive opk and had since decreased in size since the ovulation process had started. I'm not necessarily sure if I ovulated in February b/c I didn't have any opks on hand. I felt the usual ovulation pains though. If AF doesn't show in two weeks or I don't get a positive hpt, they will be giving me something to start AF and a higher dosage of clomid. I feel so lost, I went into the appointment thinking "I know they're going to see something developing on the screen," but when she didn't mention anything other than my lining, I knew I wasn't pregnant. My guess is that maybe I had an anovulatory cycle. I don't want to get my hopes up as far as pregnancy is concerned.
Gr8nessng

Postby ann53015 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:19 am

My first round of clomid in January made my cycle 6 days longer and i was freaking out also. I know i ovulated bc i has 21 day blood check. Do you know what day you ovulated?
ann53015
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Gr8nessng » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:49 am

No Ann, I figured I ovulated around the 20th of feb. Af finally showed up on 04/06. My husband was devasted!!!
Gr8nessng

Postby weeping angel » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:27 am

Gr8nessng wrote:No Ann, I figured I ovulated around the 20th of feb. Af finally showed up on 04/06. My husband was devasted!!!

i'm sorry to hear that and i'm sorry i'm so late on this post. but as you probably already know by now, clomid without a trigger shot will definitely delay your periods. It made my 25-28 day cycles, exactly 31 days. With the trigger ensuring ovulation, you will most likely have AF show up right on time of 15 dpo.

what have your subsequent steps been?
weeping angel

Return to Clomid and Femara