How many rounds of femara?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

How many rounds of femara?

Postby Mummy31 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:26 pm

I have been TTC for over a year. My husband and I have one child who is almost 4 and we had not trouble conceiving her, but it has been much more difficult this time around. I have done 3 rounds of femara. 2 rounds on femara 2.5 mg and my progesterone level was 9.1, then one round on femara 5mg. My progesterone level was 17.3, so I was really hopefu, but I just got my period, so obviously it didn't work :( My question is how many months have people just used femara before moving on to other interventions? Also, my husband's semen analysis was normal.It's so frustrating!
Mummy31

Re: How many rounds of femara?

Postby Danaa » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:32 pm

I have not used femara myself so I can't offer any insight,as far as moving on with other interventions I think it depends what your doctor is offering/advising and how you feel about having iui,Ivf done.
I think is a personal choice to be honest,
I would try femara for 6 cycles and if nothing happens talk to your doctor and choose what you think is best for you.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: How many rounds of femara?

Postby kshea » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:16 pm

I have taken it for 3 of my kids and got pregnant 1st month with all of them. Just found out I'm pregnant with number 4 after onky taking it one month
kshea
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Clomid and Femara