Letrozole - Cycle Length and Fertilaid

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Letrozole - Cycle Length and Fertilaid

Postby Andi0623 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:16 am

Hi all,

We’ve been TTC for about 16 months now. I have irregular cycles that range from 35 - 49 days, as an estimate. My doctor had me start letrozole 2.5 mg, CD 3-7, during my current cycle. She gave me the impression it would give me a 28 day cycle.

I took them this cycle, though I knew that the chance of pregnancy was very low. My husband was on a medication that caused issues and wasn’t able to switch at the time - he since has.

Here I am on CD 43. I did take a cheap pregnancy test around CD 30 just to make sure, but it was negative. Concerned about the long cycle, I did call my doctor’s office to ask if I needed to up the dosage. The nurse told me the letrozole is to help ovulation, not shorten the cycle, and that I should continue with the 2.5 mg.

Long story, I know. Here are my questions:
Is such a long cycle normal on letrozole? And also, I took FertilAid for two months and it gave me 30-35 day cycles. I did not take it with the letrozole under the impression that letrozole would do the same thing. Once my cycle finally starts over, should I take FertilAid as well?
Andi0623

Return to Clomid and Femara