TTC

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC

Postby donnawilliam » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:51 am

Hi all. I am TTC my first baby and I am 45 years old. I have been TTC for 11 months now. Finally went to the doc last month. I just wanted to get some experiences/opinions to compare Clomid and Femara. I just started my first cycle of Clomid this month and I'm in my 2WW. But a friend of mine tried Clomid for three months unsuccessfully, and when she switched to Femara in her fourth cycle, she got pregnant. So naturally, since I'm ready and anxious, I can't help but wonder if I should switch to Femara or stick with the Clomid. Any experiences that anyone wants to share, I'd love to hear!
donnawilliam

Re: TTC

Postby AddilynMom » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:05 pm

HI Donna I am 40 years old and trying to conceive for my second time. I miscarried triplets in 2013. When I was trying to get pregnant then, I used clomid (highest dosage) first and was unsuccessful. I switched to the injections and got pregnant the first time with IUI. This time my new FS put me on femara and it actually worked to get my follicles to mature. I took ovidrel 1 1/2 weeks ago and had timed intercourse. I am hoping for a bfp. So try femara. Also I am taking a OTC supplement called Premama. It supposed to help women who have PCOS. I hope this helps. Baby Dust to You!!
With GOD all things are possible
AddilynMom

Re: TTC

Postby hopin' and wishin' » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi all! I am 31 and TTC my second child. My daughter will be 3 in March and it only took 5 months to conceive her. My husband and I have been TTC baby #2 for 16 months now. In August, we went to the fertility Dr. I had a chemical miscarriage in August, did a natural cycle Sept and Clomid for the 1st time in Oct. Then Clomid again in Nov, Clomid and Femera in Dec. Once they started the Femera, I finally got multiple follicles. I got a BFP, but 2 days later my period came, so another chemical loss :(
This month I am annoyed because they increased my clomid to 150 mg and still kept the Femera. I am CD 10 and days 3 - 7 had terrible headaches and a migraine and even a sex headache, which I didn't even know was a thing! It is very painful! I went today to have a tubal flush and ultrasound and my lining is super thin bc of high dosage of Clomid. Now I have to take estrogen! I am very frustrated- I do not like having to take medicine to correct problems caused by high doses of others. So hopefully the estrogen helps my lining bc at this point a fertilized egg couldn't even implant - thanks clomid! I am starting to feel hopeless - help!
hopin' and wishin'

Return to Clomid and Femara