**Charting Information and Support**

Are you a chart stalker? Or do you want your chart stalked? Come on in!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

**Charting Information and Support**

Postby maddy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:18 pm

There are different variations of charting, some will chart only their cycle days. Some include there cervical mucus and cervical position changes, and then others will include charting their temperature. Charting your temperature is a easy and accurate way to determine when and if you are ovulating.

In order to chart your temperature you will need a basal body thermometer. These are easily found at most drugstores and major retail stores. It is not necessary to chart your temperature during your period, but you will want to chart every day as soon as it stops. There are only a few steps that must be followed in order to get an accurate temperature pattern on your chart.

Those steps include:
~Get at least 3 hours of sleep before taking your temperature.
~Take your temperature at the about the same time every day.
~Take your temperature as soon as waking, before getting out of bed or eating or drinking.

There two different methods to taking your temperature:
~Taking your temperature orally. You want to make sure the thermometer is placed in the same spot in your mouth each time.
~If you sleep with your mouth open or your temps are erratic, then temping vaginally could be a better method for you. You only need to place the thermometer in about an inch or so and make sure you place it at the same spot each time.

There are many free sites and apps that will allow you to enter your temperature and fertile signs each day, and will show you when you ovulated.

Charting is especially helpful to those who have long or irregular cycles. It will show you when you ovulated even when ovulation tests are not helpful to you.
maddy

Re: **Charting Information and Support**

Postby BabySprinkles » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:33 pm

i dont chart or temp, but i feel unuaslly warm, I dont fee like I have a cold. Just a tad dizzy. So i took my temp and its 98.9. my period was due last night or this morning, i havent tested yet to scared. is your temp supposed to be lower around af time? where should I go to these questions? thanks so much!
BabySprinkles
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby maddy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:51 am

Generally your temp will drop before AF. Although that is not the case every time. Sometimes you can start AF and your temp will still be elevated.
maddy

Postby BabySprinkles » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:34 am

Thank you for answering. I dont temp, I have always been afraid if I start tempting or charting it would make me to obsessive! lol, im still hot today. Af should definately be here at least by the end of the day since its now a day late. I have no cramps, no pms, I have really no symptoms I usually have every month. So maybe it is going to be real late, Im thinking delayed by this small but I caught I guess.
BabySprinkles
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mrsm44 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:55 am

I just started keeping track of my temperatures, and am trying to get more familiar with CM and Cervical position. I am pretty regular, and have ovulation pain, so I think I will know when I O. The cycle I got pregnant last time, I knew when I O'd; typically, I have a dull pain on one side, right inside my hip bone. I feel it most when I walk around. Hopefully it will be easy to listen to my body, and get pregnant again soon.
mrsm44
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ellagsx » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:32 pm

First time temper here. What is it that I'm looking for when temping? I see in most chats a spike. Does that mean that you ovulated?
My Ovulation Chart

Me: Rebekah (28) DH: Tyler (32) TTC#1
Current cycle: CD1- 7/11/16: 5mg Femara (CD 5-9), Dexamethasone 2mg (CD 5-15), Ovidrel 250 mcg/0.5 mL (administered on 7-25 at 11:45pm), 1000mg Vitamin D3, 1500mg Metformin, Prenatal 28 mg iron-800 mcg tablet, Probiotic
Ellagsx
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Dhefford » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:12 pm

Someone pls help me understand my chart. I felt no 'ovulation' type pains on the second dip in my temp where Ovia predicted ovulation. I did however have cramps and pink spotting around the first dip just past menstruation. Helppp
Attachments
Screenshot_20170627-210448.png
Part 2 0f 2
(162.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_20170627-210453.png
Part 1 of 2
(164.65 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Dhefford

Return to Chart Stalkers Anonymous