My thermometer broke, and then things got wacky...

Are you a chart stalker? Or do you want your chart stalked? Come on in!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Do you think it'll be a BFP?

Yup!
No votes
Nope.
100%
It's too early/hard to tell, go away you loony.
No votes

Total votes : 1

My thermometer broke, and then things got wacky...

Postby shortstory » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:47 am

My thermometer broke right around O. I got a new one but my temp seemed low--I thought maybe because they were calibrated differently, but then I had a string of flat, low temps. Literally never happened to me before.
I usually have pristine charts (though I almost never put in CM info, so disregard that).
I had to guess on crosshairs:
My Ovulation Chart

And then today, my temp shot up to the highest it usually ever is (if I'm not sick). I've been symptom spotting like mad so of course I'm going: what if this is that "staircase" thing starting? What if my temps are so strange because I'm pregnant?!

Ps: Hi! I'm brand new, this was our first cycle NTNP... TTC was going to start in December.
Me: 30
DH: 29

Expecting baby #1 due July '16!!!!!!

My Chart
shortstory

Re: My thermometer broke, and then things got wacky...

Postby Wishfull » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:44 am

Are you using opk's? You may have ovulated late. FF will eventually add crosshairs for you but it may take longer with the missing temps.
http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5eb089/]http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5eb089/[/url]
Wishfull
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shortstory » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:14 am

I am not using OPKs. I know the chart is missing heaps of info, but my own personal signs and history tell me I ovulated like usual at CD 14/15.

I'm SO regular, which is why I'm tripping out about this, haha. Temp stayed high today but my sleep has been completely crazy, I'm not sure I trust anything anymore. This is going to be a long week of wondering. :(

My Chart
shortstory

Postby RoloCat » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:06 pm

Honestly from the temps alone, I don't believe that you ovulated on CD14. It looks like you discarded several flat line temps on CD14-16. Those three temps were below your coverline, so I'd say that O was on CD16 (the temp jump happened after that). It looks like you set your O day manually? If you take that out, does FF give you crosshairs? If so, when?

I can tell you this... I tracked my cycle w/o temping (and prior to starting TTC) for 8 months. I was pretty regular at 30-32d, and I swore that I knew when I O'd every month based on cramping I got. Every month, I started my period exactly 16d (to the hour) after those cramps. I was sure I had a 16d LP. Lo and behold.... once I started temping, I learned that I got those cramps 2-3d PRIOR to ovulation as confirmed by a temp shift. So, my word of advice, don't go on the external, measurable "signs" alone. The temp shift alone tells you when you O'd. And the rule of thumb for setting a coverline is 6+3, or 6 consecutive temps below coverline followed by 3 temps above that coverline to confirm O. So, by that rule it looks like O for you was on CD16.

Of course, if you switched thermometers, then all bets are off. LOL... You can only wait and see what happens, but due to all those low flatlined temps, I'd give AF a wide berth this month...
me: 41yo
DH: 42yo
married 11yrs, together 16 and just decided to start trying...

TTC#1 cycle 3:
6/10/14 CD1
6/29/14 CD20 ovulation
7/7/14 (8dpo) BFP
7/9/14 (10dpo) beta#1 hcg: 34.5 progesterone 20.8
7/11/14 (12dpo) beta#2 hcg 139
7/30/14 early u/s 6w5d HB 121
8/12/14 u/s 8w2d HB 175
9/11/12: It's a BOY!
10/29/14: 19wk ultrasound
11/26/14: 23wk ultrasound
12/23/14: 27wk ultrasound
12/31/14: gestational diabetes. Yuck.

3/6/15: Welcome to the world, Thomas Joseph "TJ" Roland (2 weeks early)
7:56pm
6lb 15oz
18in
RoloCat
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby shortstory » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:34 pm

The disregarded temps were disregarded because the thermometer broke, not because I didn't like them. So I'm not sure is it was day 14 or 15, but I'm almost certain it was one of the two. I had to set my own because there wouldn't be enough accurate info on the chart for FF to work with. So, yes, I'm taking it all with a grain of salt, but my own symptoms of ovulation having happened were all present on the evening of day 15.
I hardly ever put in CM or other info, even if I have it, so it makes it doubly hard for FF.

I realize it's bare bones. The point is, even if you wanna think O was day 16, those flat, flat low temps and then spike are a WEIRD pattern I have never seen before, and that was my question. I since, in my searching have found a picture of a BFP chart that looks like mine now... But all that really told me is it can always be different and we'll never truly know til AF! (Rude, bodies, rude I say!)

My Chart
shortstory

Return to Chart Stalkers Anonymous