OMW to Triphasic

Are you a chart stalker? Or do you want your chart stalked? Come on in!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: OMW to Triphasic

Postby IslandMom » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:26 am

Morning, Courtney! (I'm Jillian, btw - need to play with my signature more ;))

I was so tired when I got home I just went straight to bed. Huge temp dip this AM, still tested anyway with a not-so-surprising BFN. Expecting AF Tomorrow or Sunday... she'll prob come late tomorrow.

I had a great time in Boston for my Birthday! Oddly enough I just wasn't feeling it in Target yesterday and left empty-handed. DH said he thought something must have been wrong with me because I usually go nuts in there... last time we went this Summer I bought all new bedding for every bed in the house. :lol:

I am from Atlanta! I was born and raised just North of Atlanta and then my first husband and I lived in the city - and he still lives there, in our marital home. I for one, had been itching to get out of Atlanta my entire life and even though I've traveled I've never lived anywhere else until post-divorce. I am not close to my family and when my marriage ended I decided it was time to find myself and start over. I, too, married early(I was 22 and we were married in Vegas lol!!)

I started with small trips by myself(and sometimes with the kids) to a few places in GA, then venturing a little farther each time. An old friend of mine had inherited his family's estate on Martha's Vineyard back in 2009 when his dad died and he'd always said I was welcome to visit, etc. I just never did. My ex had the kids for Thanksgiving one year and I was alone, said friend was alone. I drove all the way to the Martha's Vineyard Ferry from ATL by myself. LOL!!! When I arrived at the house and my friend came out he had lost 80lbs... never even thought to mention it... I thought he was sick at first he was so thin and depressed! I guess I wasn't that great... anyway one thing led to another and now I live on MV year-round with frequent travel to the South for my kiddos. :)
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
DD- Indie(5) & DS- Dillinger(3)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:48 am

Good morning Jillian :) pretty name. I'm sorry for bfn :( it's so disheartening especially after such a great looking chart this cycle.

It's hard to leave target empty handed :) I love all of their home decor.

sounds like you have had quite the journey as well :) long trips by yourself with the kids. Eeeek! I know that feeling :) I actually really enjoy moving. It's like a fresh start each time. No clutter and everything is different which I like. I love moving my furniture around just bc I love change. Lol my Dh is the same way. We've actually moved 12/13 times. I've lost count. Haha we are professionals! I do think we are settled for a good long while this time though. I am a SAHM and I do hair from home on the side. I use to work in a salon before I had kids. Didn't I read in previous post you work for a midwife? I would love that! Do you get to assist in births? I love watching babies born. If I had to go back to school I would love to be a l and d nurse.

6 dpo today. I had some pretty bad low back pain lastnight that I only get during Af. I'm not sure what that was all about. I'm still not sure why ff put my o date on cd 19 instead of 18. I tried to play around with my temps a bit and it never moved it to 18. I had terrible sleep last night but my temps seem to stay pretty consistent. I woke up to pee like four times in the night and was drenched in sweat a couple times when I woke up.
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:13 am

Haha! We're two peas in a pod! One of my favorite hobbies is rearranging furniture and redecorating. LOL!!

Yes, I am a MW Assistant. :) After the birth of my son I was really into Placenta Encapsulation and no one in my area did it, so I learned how and started offering it to people. The MW that delivered both of my kids started telling all of her clients that were interested about me. I soon became a Breastfeeding Counselor, which I paired with the Encapsulation. I kind of had a foot in the door. When my marriage started getting rocky my MW and now friend and her partner decided to pay for me to get certified in Neonatal Resuscitation and start working with them full time. As you can imagine it was a rough transition between going to f/t SAHM to single and half of my time now free. In Atlanta I've been part a lot of home deliverie, as well as some birthing centers. Of course ATL is huge and there are a ton of people having babies. LOL!!

Now on MV I have attended about 17 deliveries in the last year... but there are only a fraction of the people here... the population in my town is something close to 800. No joke.. LOL! So not as much action here and only two midwives on the entire island, one of which actually lives on Nantucket - so only one living on MV who of course has been here forever... lol! It's interesting and fun and I love what I do.
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:09 am

You job sounds great! I had to google what placenta encapsulation was. Sounds interesting. I've tried extremely hard to breastfeed all of my kids with little success. I would nurse and nurse and nurse and my every single one of them ended up dehydrated. I worked with a lactation consultant each time plus pumped around the clock every 3 hours to try and build a supply as well and get very little. However with my last I finally found out that I have a hormonal imbalance that makes me produce very little milk. I had a good friend that had a newborn at the same time as me and she and another girl gave me their frozen breast milk as long as they could. I pumped for three months and nursed and tried all kinds of vitamins to help increase my supply to no avail. It was really hard on me bc I so wanted to be successful at nursing. In the end I had to switch to formula but my babies have all been very healthy and have done well. I know I gave it my all each time. I will try again with my next as well. I know there are milk banks around here but donor milk is SO expensive!!

So do you work full time now? Is your Dh always to watch your kids when you have to attend a birth last minute? My best friend is a doula with three little ones and she has a hard time with getting sitters when she has to attend a birth. Her husband works a lot of hours and she doesn't have family very close.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:31 am

Good morning! Wow @ the spam! Took a minute to find my thread...

I'm really frustrated. My temp shot up this morning - not even just a small amount, but a nice big one, which has never happened to me in the history of charting. Still a very stark white BFN. :x

No, I'm no longer working full time. I work part time, and very limited part time at that! haha! DH was able to retire early after his parents died. He's home more than I am!

I'm sorry you have issues BFing, but I think it's phenomenal that you have friends that give you their milk, too! It really sucks for those who only want that, but can't because of an underlying issue. I wonder if there's anything you could do to balance your hormones? Did you take any galactagogues? In the very first nights after delivery did your boobs get engorged? ... Mine would get huge and lumpy and extremely painful before I'd be waking up the baby for relief. LOL!!

Any weekend plans? My only plan is AF so hopefully she hurries.
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:38 am

Hmmm temp rise this morning could mean a bfp is on the way. I looked back at your previous chart and this one def looks diff than your others. Were you overly warm lastnight or more covers or anything?

That's great that your Dh can be home with your kids when you have to work. I'm sure that makes things way easier.

I took a prescription that's suppose to help, reglan I think is what it was. I also took Mothers love more milk plus and another supplement from the same brand before delivery that's suppose to help as well. My boobs would get a little sore and heavy but not what most women notice. I did have pcos and I guess it's something that doesn't really go away but still present. I lost a ton of weight so that has helped regulate everything like my periods and ability to get pregnant but I've read it can affect milk supply. I read that taking metformin during pregnancy can help milk supply. I will talk with my dr about it when I get pregnant to see what she says.

7-8 dpo today. Days are creeping by! Of course I had to try out my new hpts this morning.

No big plans here. My Dh is on his four days off and him and my oldest son are duck hunting morning and evening. It's suppose to get really cold tomorrow and that makes me want to hibernate. Lol I don't tolerate the cold well.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:39 am

I hate the mid-point of the tww! It's the worst!!

Holding out hope for a BFP, but not fretting too much. Deciding what, if any, changes I should make for the next cycle. Glad you looked at my charts... I accidentally deleted last cycle while deleting a handful of super old charts...

Guessing you also got BFN this AM? What new HPTs are your trying?

I've been using the Clearblue Advanced Digital OPK for the last few cycles and LOVE it. Need to order a new kit when AF shows... I'm really hooked on them though. Makes me wonder if I should just go ahead and invest in a monitor.

ETA: I didn't have extra blankets or anything out of the ordinary last night. ;)
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:06 am

My hpts are the blue cross 10 miu tests. I bought the Babi opks this time. I've used wondfo, clearblue digital not advanced , sure predict and answer brand opks. They all have worked fine except the answers. I did get a false positive on the digital one month. I like the digital bc it's easy to interpret, just expensive since I test a couple times a day. Yes bfn today. Lol just had to make sure. Haha
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:27 am

I also test multiple times a day... at the very least twice a day :) Things tend to happen in the PM for me - periods starting, ovulation...

This is actually my first time using Wondfo HPTs. I don't know why I never used them before - my friends back when TTC DD definitely went through them rapidly. Now that I think about it, I didn't test(HPT) very often back then thanks to a super evil evap line I got on a dollar tree test once... never bought them from there again!

Temp took a huge dip yesterday and I didn't temp today because I woke up at 2AM and am still up. :( AF is most definitely coming. I've been crampy, sore boobs, raging PMS and the like. Ready to get on with the next cycle! This one has been a headache for sure!
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:55 am

Well shoot I'm sorry. It's so frustrating to have such a nice looking chart and then that last temp rise when you've never had one like that at the end then Af comes and no bfp. I wish are darn bodies would just do what we wanted them to.

I have much worse pms the older I get. My Dh can always spot it a day or so before I do bc I tend to get quite short with him. Lol I had a temp rise this morning and still bfn. I had some very light pink cm sat night. Just one bathroom trip. Nothing since. I didn't sleep well lastnight but I never do. I only tested one time with my second and once with my third. Lol when I got pregnant with my fourth they had came out with the weeks estimator one so I used them till it got to 3+ weeks. I've spent a fortune in opks and hpts over the last four months! I don't know if I'll test again tonight or just wait till tomorrow morning. 9-10 dpo today
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:05 am

Ok WTH cycle! Temps are still mid-range... period is now two days late, but still no BFP. Not sure what's going on anymore. Debating on whether I should go buy a different brand test to bring on AF. :lol:
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:16 am

Crazy since you are never late! Buying another test always brings on Af for me. Lol

Had a craaaazy temp spine this morning but think it was a fluke. I woke up sooo hot sweating and couldn't wait to rip the covers off. Not sure what was up with that. Bfn on FRER today too. I read tons of reviews of the test I bought and they are terrible. Tons would get neg when others were showing positive on other brands. I really think Af is coming for me though. I think my cervix feels a tad open like Af is on the way.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:26 am

Ooh yeah! That's quite the spike. Wonder why you were so hot? Hope you're not getting sick!
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby IslandMom » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:03 am

Ugh. Okay I give up I guess! Still no sign of AF and no BFP. Not sure what to make of this, really. Suddenly a longer LP? The one thing that remains relatively constant.

I'm now considering the second dip I assumed was a fallback as ovulation even none of the other signs point to that, which would put me at 14dpo and granted AF comes today would still be on time.

Oh who am I kidding. No hope left for this cycle.
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:23 am

So you think you could've o'd later than ff says you did? Do you continue opks after they turn positive? So frustrating. I normally have an 11 day lp and my temp drops on 11 dpo and Af the next day. Had another big temp jump today. Still bfn. I did start taking b6 this Month. Maybe it's lengthening my lp. I even bought a blue dye clearblue easy test just to give myself a little hope that I could be still in this month. Lol stark white!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend