EWCM Gone Before Ovulation?

Are you a chart stalker? Or do you want your chart stalked? Come on in!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

EWCM Gone Before Ovulation?

Postby Theytellmeimold » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:55 am

This is my second month charting. Last month didn't go well due to a cold and fever smack dab around ovulation.

Well, FF dropped the crosshairs on my chart this morning.... and I"m really sad. I thought I'd figured out our 'problem' that I was ovulating the day of my +OPK so we weren't timing sex right. According to my chart, I ovulate 2 days after +OPK which is what I'd assumed for the past two years and had timed sex accordingly. Plus, that means my EWCM dried up 2 days before ovulation! (I even check internally and it was just gone after the morning of the +OPK.) My breasts were very sore for two days and I thought it was the two days AFTER ovulation, but it appears it was the two days before ovulation. So I've been timing sex correctly for 2 years with no luck after all. Starting to wonder if this will ever happen. :(

I start Clomid on my next cycle and I've read that it dries up EWCM even more, and if mine is already drying up 2 days before ovulation, how will I ever get pregnant??

Theytellmeimold
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: EWCM Gone Before Ovulation?

Postby whenwillithappen » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:09 pm

have you tried taking Geritol? It helps increase CM. Both my sister and I conceived within 2 months of using it.
TTC#3 since July 2015
DD-3/16/08
DD-9/9/09

My Ovulation Chart
whenwillithappen
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Theytellmeimold » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:36 pm

Whoah, really? I'll need to look into that. I started taking Evening Primrose Oil two months ago and last month I had TONS of CM, but I also got sick right around ovulation so my temps were all over the place and I have no way of knowing if it was close to ovulation. This month, I drank tons of water and took EPO again and it dried up. I'm going to look into the Geritol! Thank you so much!

Did you take it with a prenatal vitamin?
Theytellmeimold
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby whenwillithappen » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:37 am

I did take it with prenatals. I stopped once I got my BFP. The motto for it is "theres a baby at the bottom of every bottle." Definitely worth a shot!
TTC#3 since July 2015
DD-3/16/08
DD-9/9/09

My Ovulation Chart
whenwillithappen
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nick02 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:28 am

I have like no cm. ever. We used preseed every month and four months after we started trying (after an ectopic) I am pregnant. I highly recommend it. Now I just hope this one is in the right spot. The worrying never stops!
Nick02
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Theytellmeimold » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:13 pm

Thanks, Nick02! I tried Preseed a few times 2 months ago but hadn't pinpointed my exact ovulation date yet. Now i think I have. Do you use the tool to 'insert' the Preseed? I read some places that some people just plop in on their man! ;) How much do you use? I also read not to use the recommended amount because it's way too much.

I guess the good news is that I have been charting and it appears that even though I've lost a tube, I'm still ovulating every month.

I also did some research into Geritol. People seem to think it's the iron that does it, but my prenatal from GNC has much more iron in it than Geritol. It may be the combination of vitamins used in Geritol that works so I'm going to try it anyway. I'll do anything at this point!
Theytellmeimold
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SueMein » Wed May 11, 2016 9:06 pm

Evening primrose oil helped me with EWCM, just drink it at the right times.

How are things with you girls?
31 Yr old kiwi girl TTC #1 since Oct 2015. I highly recommend the book. "Taking Charge of Your Fertility", and the "Ovagraph" app.

BFP - 01-02-2016

SueMein
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Chart Stalkers Anonymous