Anovulatory chart?

Are you a chart stalker? Or do you want your chart stalked? Come on in!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Anovulatory chart?

Postby Gemini » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:35 am

Hello Ladies,

This is my second month charting and also my second month on this great site (Thanks so much for all the adive and encouraging posts).

I was wondering if my chart below looks as if I'm having an anovulatory cycle?

Here's bit of background information:
Last month my chart was very easy to read. All my thermal shifts took place when they were supposed to,and my ovulation day aligned perfectly with my positive OPK and my cm. I got a postive OPK on CD 13 and then ovulated on CD 14.

This month I'm sooooo confused and I can't tell if I ovulated. I'm scared that I didn't.

I got 2 postive OPKs on CD 15. One at 9am and the other at 11pm. So I assumed I'd ovulate on CD 16. When I took my temp the morning of CD16 it had shot up and I got a negative OPK. Then this morning my temp shot back down.

The other thing that concerns me is the fact that the OPK I was using (Clearblue Advance Digital) did not detect an increase in my estrogen levels. I'm using the Clearblue sticks that display 4 days of fertility (they show you when estrogen levels have increased and then when they detect an LH surge). Last month my estrogen levels were displayed for 2 days.

Any help would be soooo appreciated. I'm stressing myself out!!

p.s. I missed a few days of temping this month because I was camping
Attachments
IMG_1442.PNG
(126.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Gemini
Friend

Re: Anovulatory chart?

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:38 am

Hmm, you do seem to have Oed, and then experienced what is known as a fallback rise. Your temps are really rocky though - if you don't already temp vaginally, you may want to try it that way - it might work out better for you :)
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45
DD Fiona Jayne - Dec 21, 2015 at 39+4 (BFP Apr 10, 2015 @10dpo) Our sweet solstice baby!
DS Ciaran Reeves - Feb 13, 2017 at 39+4 (BFP June 8, 2016 @13dpo) Best Valentine's gift ever!
"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gemini » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:02 am

I'd like to start charting vaginally, but I haven't yet. I'm guessing that the rocky temps are due to the fact I'm having a very very hard time temping at the same time everyday. I keep waking up a different hours of the night and can never fall back asleep (due to stress).

Can you get an LH surge the same day you Oed? I got my last surge very late in the evening on CD15.
Gemini
Friend

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:15 am

From what I understand, you usually O anywhere from 12-48 hours after your surge, so in your case it sounds like you Oed closer to 12 hours after. The sleeping pattern will definitely affect your temps, just do the best you can! :)
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45
DD Fiona Jayne - Dec 21, 2015 at 39+4 (BFP Apr 10, 2015 @10dpo) Our sweet solstice baby!
DS Ciaran Reeves - Feb 13, 2017 at 39+4 (BFP June 8, 2016 @13dpo) Best Valentine's gift ever!
"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gemini » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:10 am

Hi HighlandGamesGirlCO,

So in your opinion, given the fact I took an OPK at 9am, then one at 2:30pm and then one at 11pm (all positive), would that mean that I probably ovulated sometime in the evening on CD15? The LH hormone (which I thought drops immediately after ovulation), was still detectable in my urine at 11pm, so I'm thinking maybe Ovulation happened close to that time?

So confusing :S

BTW, Thanks for all your advice and help so far :)
Gemini
Friend

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:51 am

It would help if you had a pic of these opks...do you happen to have a pic of them? The only other option is that your body geared up to O but hasn't yet. Doesn't mean you won't, just means you might O a little later than usual. Because your temps are so erratic (as well as your sleeping patterns) I would not rely too much on your chart, sadly. If it does somehow turn out to be an anovulatory cycle, it's totally normal, most women have them every so often...just try to not freak out too much and when in doubt, BD it out! ;)
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gemini » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:45 am

I think you're right about my ovulation day. I woke up this morning and my temp was back up. Fertility Friend showed my coverline and then indicated that I had ovulated on Sunday.

I went back and checked my ovulation sticks from Sunday. The ones taken in the morning and faternoon were Clearblue digital sticks and both times a happy face appeared. The one taken in the evening was a dollar store stick (and I had to interpret my own line). On Sunday I thought the line looked dark, but I looked at it again and the line was much more faded. Guess I ovulated sometime before 11pm that day.
Gemini
Friend

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:00 am

excellent news :) Charting is really frustrating sometimes but it gets better!
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Luckyduck23 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:39 am

Your temps don't look all that erratic for being pre o, and given your chart I would think you were probably oing on Tuesday.. Do you have an updated chart? Honestly pre o temps don't really matter as far as erratic goes and imho your chart looks perfectly fine, I wouldn't start thinking about annov cycles until you get to cd 25 without an o..ttc can actually cause a delayed o from the stress of it all so your cycles might run a little longer than what you're used to(;
Me-24 DH-29
DD1 - born 02/08/2011
BFP 02/14/2013 - mc @ 5w6d
BFP 06/27/2014 due 03/08/2014!!

My Ovulation Chart
Luckyduck23
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Chart Stalkers Anonymous