Does this look like ovulation to you?

Are you a chart stalker? Or do you want your chart stalked? Come on in!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Does this look like ovulation to you?

Postby TeaPotts » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:54 am

Hi, everyone! This is only my second cycle off of BCP, so I'm new to the whole ovulating business. Had a chemical pg last cycle.
I felt some cramping yesterday that was focused on the right side, and I got a positive OPK last night. I work long days and have forgotten to check CM the last couple of days...I DO temp at 5am every morning, though, before I talk or move or pee.
Based on my cramps, +opk and bbt chart, do you think I ovulated? I know I need to wait for a few days to see a sustained bbt shift, but does this look like ovulation to you?

Thank you!
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (98.53 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Does this look like ovulation to you?

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:20 pm

Yes, I think you O'd CD 13 and you will likely get crosshairs tomorrow with one more high temp. Did you not take an opk CD 12 or 13? Your BD timing looks fantastic! Fingers crossed!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:43 pm

That's what I thought, too! I've been taking opks since CD10 and the ones on CD13 and 14 were positive! Today, CD15, the test line was light again. I forgot to add the one from CD13 into my chart before I took the screen shot. Oops :)

I have a very good feeling about this cycle!!!
I didn't O until CD19 last cycle (1st off of BCP), so I didn't expect to O this early! That's the best part: that Hubby and I didn't time our BD, so there wasn't that little part of me that was 'trying'. Our BD was 100% just because we wanted to. I hear that's the trick ;).
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:13 pm

Sounds promising!!!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:32 pm

My temp dropped to 97.2 today, so no crosshairs on FF :?
Is it possible for that to happen at 3dpo? Or maybe I have not ovulated yet...?
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:37 pm

It is possible (and normal) to have that happen after ovulation. If you google "fallback rise bbt" you'll see charts with a dip right after O. Since you already had two higher temps, my guess would be you already O'd. Just to be safe, you may want to BD tonight. Your first positive opk was CD 13, so it's possible that O could be that same day, or it could even be today. I'm leaning toward CD 13 based on your temps and cm, though. Hope that helps!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:52 pm

Hmm...seems like that could be it. I certainly feel like I O'd. Guess this is where I'll have to practice patience and see where my temps go in the next couple of days :)

Thank you!!
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TeaPotts » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:16 am

Another low temp!! What the heck is going on? Just based off of my temps, I would say I haven't ovulated yet, but I've had all the symptoms and feel so sure that I did. Is it possible to have O'd without a sustained temp shift? I have a mild case of PCOS and I've read that it CAN happen, but is so unlikely that I doubt I'm one of the few. Plus I had a temp shift last cycle, my first cycle charting.
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:13 am

Huh... And you got 4 days of positive opk's? Are your cycles usually consistent in length? You don't know your luteal phase length, right? It's now looking like you didn't O yet (temps and the fact that you are still seeing fertile cm). It is possible to have a LH surge but not O. If you have regular cycles, though, that's less likely to be the case. If I was in your shoes, I'd probably BD tonight, and then every other day until I saw my temp rise. Keep taking opks as well.

One last thought, if you had interupted sleep or slept with your mouth open the key couple of nights, that could cause low temps. You might just have to wait this one out and see what comes of it!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:08 pm

This is only my second cycle off of BCP, so I have no idea what my normal is yet. I was on the Pill for almost 8 years (from 16 until I was almost 24), and was put on it mostly because my periods were so irregular as a young teen. I was very surprised to have an ovulatory cycle last cycle, and am afraid that it will be anovulatory this time around :? . I had tons of EWCM this morning, but got a negative opk. When I tested, though, my urine was SO diluted that it just looked like water, so I'll try again later when I'm a little less hydrated & with a longer hold.

As for my temps, I slept well and don't typically sleep with my mouth open, though I suppose it's possible. Would the temperature of the room affect my temp? DH and I were SO hot for the last 2 nights that we opened the window a little bit before we went to sleep, and it was open all night. We live in Minnesota, so it was rather nippy :roll: .

Slightly unrelated, but have you ever tried temping vaginally?
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:42 pm

Temperature of the room shouldn't have a significant impact. You may be looking at an anovulatory cycle, or you could very well just be ovulating late. Keep up with those opk's! LH is produced early in the morning. Most women surge by 8am and it is detectable in urine about 4 hours later. They say the most accurate time to test is between 11am and 4pm. The fact that you are still seeing ewcm is a good indication that your body is trying to O, so hopefully you'll see another LH surge soon that is followed by ovulation.

I briefly tried temping vaginally back in 2014 and didn't care for it. My thermometer was so quiet I couldn't hear when it was done and I wear yoga pants to bed so it was hard to maneuver things in the morning to get the thermometer in there. I know a lot of people wear loose pj's and just slide their undies out of the way and do it that way. It is a more accurate way to temp, but too much trouble for my taste!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Hopefully I'm just ovulating late, though I won't be surprised if my body just needs some more time to regulate. As my DH reminds me, it will all happen when the time is right! I'll keep using opks until it's clear I O'd, or until AF shows up. I'm rarely at home between 11am and 4pm, so I typically test in the evening. I've noticed that when I test in the evening, my lines are darker than when I temp in the morning.

I think I'll give vaginal temping a shot next cycle, if this one doesn't result in a BFP! I sleep in the buff, so maybe I won't encounter too many inconveniences, haha!
Even if I haven't O'd yet, I still have a really odd, good feeling about this cycle...or maybe I'm just being overly optimistic... 8)

Thanks so much for all your help! I'm not sure what the ladies on here would do without you, Becca :rofl: :D
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Aw thank you, but this is where I learned most of what I know! Well here and obsessive googling for hours during each tww. :wink:

I'm glad you're feeling optimistic about this cycle! I hope you get some confirmation soon of things getting back on track. I have heard lots of stories of BCP's helping to regulate cycles, but also lots about it taking a few months to get into a good rythm. Hopefully you're well on your way! Or maybe your body just wanted to O with everyone in the buddy thread at the end of this week so you have tww buddies! We can hope, right???

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:52 pm

I'm just glad to know I'm not the one with the obsessive Googling habit, haha. I'll be sure to tell my hubby that it's "normal" :rofl: .

My doctor said that while many people's cycles revert to the way they were before going on BCP, she doesn't think that will necessarily be the case with me, since I was so young and my body matured pretty late. No way to know, though, other than time! I O'd on cd19 last cycle, and today is cd18, so we'll see :). Hopefully you're right and my body is just waiting for some tww buddies, ha! When are you due to O?
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:14 pm

I'm due to O on Thursday, so I expect a positive opk tomorrow!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Chart Stalkers Anonymous