Does this look like ovulation to you?

Are you a chart stalker? Or do you want your chart stalked? Come on in!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Does this look like ovulation to you?

Postby TeaPotts » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:21 pm

Hey Becca! You get your positive opks?
Nothing new here, really...still low temps. Every morning, I hope to see an increase in my bbt, and I can't help but feel a little deflated when they still read so low :|
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TeaPotts » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:48 pm

Wuah! Just POAS and got what I see as an almost-positive opk. Hoping for a real positive to follow, with an actual sustained temp shift this time! Becca, do your experienced eyes also see an almost-positive opk, or am I being too optimistic?
Attachments
IMG_7434.PNG
IMG_7434.PNG (74.16 KiB) Viewed 598 times
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:30 pm

Yep, I'd probably count it as positive. While the test line is technically a little lighter, they don't usually get THAT dark unless you're catching part of your surge. By tomorrow morning, I bet it will be a blazing positive!

I'm kind of jealous lol. I think the b6 I'm taking messed with ovulation this cycle for me. :( I normally see a positive on CD 14 and O on CD 16 like clockwork. It's CD 15 now, and still no positive and no ewcm. It sounds like the dose of B6 I'm taking may have pushed O back. Some people even reported it being up to 5 days late or not Oing at all, so I really feel like I may have screwed things up, which sucks because the b6 has helped so much with my anxiety and fatigue. Also, we finally had a good BD pattern leading up to when I thought I'd O, so I was feeling really good about this cycle! Also, my in laws are coming to stay with us on Friday and I was hoping to be out of my fertile window by then.

I'm trying to look on the bright side, like later O means more time for my uterine lining to thicken, which is part of why I was taking the b6 in the first place.

So anyway, more waiting over here!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:40 am

That's a good way to look at it-- I imagine that a thicker uterine lining would equate to easier implantation and a higher probability of a sticky pregnancy, right? Uh, worth it! Also on the bright side, didn't you O late on the cycle that you conceived your son?! Maybe there's a trend here for you :wink: :D , seriously! I hope you start to see positive opks before your in-laws arrive. Sending positive energy your way!

As for me, my opk was a tad bit lighter this morning than it was last night, but pretty much the same. Could be that my surge was overnight, right? Or maybe it's still yet to come. I'll test again later today. I'm seeing fertile CM, and hubby and I are getting our BD in. Hopefully this time I'm Oing for real, and we're able to catch the egg. Again, we'll see what my temps do over the next several days... This TTC business is a real exercise in patience :).
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:22 am

I did O later when I conceived my son, but my cycles used to be anywhere from 29-31 days, so I think that was just my norm. Since getting the IUD out, they've been 27 days on the dot except for last month with the b6. I'm hoping the extra time is a good thing though!

Your opk situation is confusing! I would have bet money that it would be super dark today. Looking back at your picture, the dried test above looks positive, too. Was that the day before?

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:37 am

That was two days before. I feel like the test line looks a little darker in the picture than it does in real life, but maybe not. If that's positive, though, then I've got a REAL confusing opk pattern on my hands...I'll attach a pic so you can take a look. I didn't write the cycle days on the sticks themselves, so you can't see CDs in the pic, but they are as follows:
CD 10
Attachments
IMG_7436.JPG
IMG_7436.JPG (90.5 KiB) Viewed 596 times
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:44 am

Quite a few of those look positive. I think that means your body is trying to O, but not following through for some reason. I'd say each time you get a positive after having a negative, watch for a temp rise in 2-3 days. Signs that you have O'd will include a sudden drying of fertile cm, and firming up/closing of the cervix. These things should happen within 24 hours of O. If you haven't noticed those, keep BDing. If you can do every other day (or even skip 2 days here and there if you just really need to), there should always be some sperm there waiting for the egg.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:05 am

Thanks for the tips! We've been maintaining our BD frequency, which hubby is so pumped about (for now...this is only our second cycle 8) ) so we'll keep that up while I keep an eye on my temps and opks... come on, body! You can do it!
Any suggestions on what I can do to help my body O?
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:33 am

I'm not sure... I feel like I read some stuff while I was looking up into on supplements, but I can't remember! You may need to do some googling. Just be aware that supplements cab change other aspects of your cycle and make it harder to predict (as seen with my b vitimin adventures lol) so make sure you research anything throroughly before taking it!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:32 am

Hey, Becca, how are you doing? I was just looking at your chart...still no O?
Idk what's going on this month! I'm in an active thread with a handful of ladies who are all TTC#1, and 4 of us are still waiting for an absurdly late O! So weird.
I got excited when I saw the dip in my temp yesterday (cd24), but my temp didn't jump too much this morning, so I'm just feeling kind of over it at this point.
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:03 pm

It totally seems like a ton of people are having a weird cycle this month! I had an almost positive opk last night. Like it was close enough that I was going to call it positive, sure that I'd have one today with the test line darker than the control. Nope. Negative this morning! It's got to be coming, though. This is my third day of ewcm and I've got some cramping that I usually feel for a couple of days around O.

Hubby and I had company in town this weekend and so our sleeping arrangements were all pushed around, then we both got sick. But when I saw that test getting darker, we got one BD in last night. Hopefully my opk not being positive quite yet means we actually will get a good BD pattern leading up to O. As of this weekend, I had kind of given up on that because life got in the way.

So I'm still not sure what exactly is going on, but it seems like O is coming sometime in the next few days, which is a relief!

Anyway, I'd say there's still a slight chance your temp could continue climbing and indicate O yesterday. That's a little long after your positive opks, but not unheard of. Fingers crossed it happens soon! The tww is bad enough, having to wait for O, too, is like rubbing salt in the wound!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:57 pm

Looks like you finally O'd! Great news. Good luck in your tww! Looks like you got some awesome BDing in around O. That's fantastic.

I'm still in a "wtf" state about my cycle. I got frustrated seeing so many positive-looking opks and so I stopped using them. Probably should have continued, but I felt like I was getting too obsessed! I'm also not really sure how reliable my temp is this morning, because I slept through my alarm this morning and didn't temp until 6:30am, whereas I always...well, almost always, apparently...wake up to temp at 5am. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts!

And Fx for you!! :mrgreen:
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:32 pm

Yes, it finally happened! I really couldn't be happier with our timing. It's never that good! I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this cycle. :)

I don't blame you for getting frustrated. I guess if I was in your shoes, I'd just try to BD whenever I noticed fertile cm of any kind.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Hey Delia, just checking in to see how things are going? I looked at your chart and no O yet? :( How frustrating! How are you holding up?

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Hey Becca, thanks for reaching out. I was really frustrated last week, and got to be pretty down in the dumps, to be honest! I'm doing much better now, and feeling pretty positive. I've stopped paying much attention to my CM, and haven't been using opks. I still temp every morning, and DH and I are just BDing whenever we want. I'm instead channeling my focus to taking good care of myself and making sure I am as healthy as I can be. I'm feeling this need to "clean up" my body and mind in order to provide the perfect home for our little seed whenever she decides to make her journey earthside :)
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Chart Stalkers Anonymous