Does this look like ovulation to you?

Are you a chart stalker? Or do you want your chart stalked? Come on in!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Does this look like ovulation to you?

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:57 pm

It's possible you O'd CD 16 and your temps are rising slowly, though. That would coincide with your positive opk. I'd watch what happens over the next few days and you may see those temps going up.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lishy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Okay thank you BeeCee. I did an OPK today and it was neg... had twinging in my left pelvic area... will keep OPKing. Can you tell if I ovulated last month? The temp before AF? I know it's not a lot to go off! :/ But would be nice to know that my body is working properly. I.e... High BBT (normal luteal phase) then big temp drop when AF arrives...
Lishy

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:07 pm

I really can't say without seeing a whole chart with a definite thermal shift. If you have pretty regular cycles, then chances are you are ovulating. If you have irregular/ very long cycles, then you may not be.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lishy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 am

Good morning BeeCee and so sorry to keep bothering you. I woke today to an even lower temp of 96.93 :/ I was really disappointed. BUT........ Yesterday I entered all my info into FF and when I popped my temp in today it has given me a cross line! It has me at 4dpo! :) O date = CD16!!! I'm excited again now! Please find attached... do you think the app might be right? I do have regular cycles, average of 29 days - and I was worried that if I'm not ovulating until later then my luteal phase is far too short to sustain pregnancy. So if FF is correct and I am 4dpo, yet my temps are still quite low, is there anything you can recommend to raise temps and therefore progesterone production? Or shall I just sit it out.... Hmmm oh I do hope the app is right!!

Thanks so much for all your help so far :) xx
Attachments
FF.jpg
FF.jpg (89.2 KiB) Viewed 145 times
Lishy

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:21 pm

I'd keep charting. If you have several cycles that show a clear ovulation pattern, but your temps are low, you may want to contact your doctor and have your progesterone checked after O.

If you chart for a few cycles and there really isn't a good pattern, then you may not be ovulating.

Your temps do appear to have a bit of a shift, so you may well have O'd. FF is making its best guess right now, but it's not totally confident (hence the dotted lines). How confident are you in that one high temp? Is there a reason it could be inaccurate? The other thing that I might wonder about is how low your temps are overall. Of course it depends on your thermometer, body, sleeping environment, etc., but I wouldn't expect post O temps to be that low.

Really the best way to know if it's normal though is to find out if it's normal *for you* by continuing to track for a few cycles.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lishy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:11 am

Thanks BeeCee for all your help - big temp rise today (5DPO if FF is correct). I've created a new post for some further feedback but just to keep you updated here's the latest chart :) Also, could the high temp on cd15 coincide with LH surge then ov on CD16? Or does temp/oestrogen have nothing to do with LH surge/+OPK?

Thanks again xx
Attachments
IMG_2766.PNG
(214.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Lishy

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:31 pm

An estrogen surge precedes a LH surge, but progesterone is what raises your temperature, and that is only released after you O. Your chart still looks kind of rocky, so you'll just have to see where it goes. It could be due to environmental factors or temping practices (if you are new to temping, your first chart is often kind of rocky as you get the hang of things). For now, I'd assume you O'd on that first temp rise.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Chart Stalkers Anonymous