I didn't ovulate?! :(

Are you a chart stalker? Or do you want your chart stalked? Come on in!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

I didn't ovulate?! :(

Postby gennylou » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:58 am

Hi ladies, I would appreciate any advice you can offer. This is my first cycle doing temps so I don't really have much to go on but fertility friend gave me solid red cross hairs for having ovulated on CD16 which would have made me 13DPO today. Yesterday I had a huge temp dip below the cover line so fertility friend changed my ovulation day to CD18 meaning I'm now only 10DPO. However, this morning my temperature did rise just a tiny bit and AF arrived but fertility friend took my cross hairs away completely and said I did not ovulate. I had all the signs on CD 16 that I was ovulating I had strong ovulation cramp and lower back ache all day. I have a 29-30 cycle clockwork. Does it look like I ovulated this cycle, or did I have an anovulatory cycle? I'm a bit disheartened at the minute and feeling a little down about it.

I would appreciate if you could take a look at my chart. Thank you :-)

My Ovulation Chart
gennylou
Friend

Re: I didn't ovulate?! :(

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:37 pm

Try discarding your temp on 2 dpo and see if it gives you solid crosshairs. It does look like you O'd, but there's not a huge difference between pre and post O temps, so FF may just be having a hard time figuring it out. Sometimes temping takes a couple of cycles to get used to.

A good sign that you are Oing is if you have pretty consistent cycles length wise. Hope that helps!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:39 pm

One other reason it may be confused is that your fertile cm doesn't line up with your positive opk's. Hopefully this next cycle things are more clear for you!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby gennylou » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:12 am

I tried disguarding the temp for 2 days past ovulation, but for some reason FF has changed my ovulation day to CD 19 now. I'm a little concerned about the 9 day LP as it was always 12-13 when I was TTC with my other children. I have recently been diagnosed with chron's disease and have an active flare at the moment so I'm thinking perhaps that's why although I can't be 100% sure. Last 2 cycles have been a lot lighter than I'm used to I'm only on CD2 at the moment and already my bleeding has slowed right down to almost spotting. I ordered some clearblue digital opk's for this cycle so I'll have to see what happens with that. Last cycle I didn't have barely any CM either so when I did have that little bit of EWCM and watery CM I made the most of it. It took me almost 4 years to conceive my second baby so I'm hoping I don't have the same problem this time.
gennylou
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:59 pm

I've been asking lots of questions about light periods, as I just had a mc after 4 periods that were nothing more than spotting for 2 or 3 days. I had the mirena put in at 6 weeks PP and then head out taken out in November after a little over a year. I thought the mirena may have caused a thin lining, and therefore light periods. I thought that may have been the reason I lost this pregnancy. But my aunt who is an OB and my own OB said light periods are not an indication of thin lining and that sometimes periods change after pregnancy. They aren't concerned at this point and both said this was a normal mc and there's no reason why I shouldn't expect to get pregnant again soon and carry to term.

If your LP has been longer in the past, then my guess is that FF just wasn't able to make a correct prediction this time. I know once you're ready to be pregnant each cycle feels like an eternity, but you may just have to track a few cycles to see where you're at currently. I hope this next one offers some useful clues. :)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby gennylou » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:33 am

So sorry about your miscarriage, that's always been a big fear of mine is to get pregnant only to then loose it. I had a late miscarriage at 16+3 with identical twins in 2009 and it was the most traumatic thing that could ever happen to me. I wouldn't like to have to go through that again. I'm pleased to know light periods aren't an indicator of the lining, that was my concern. I'm CD4 now and just spotting a tiny bit. I've always found that when I'm obsessing over my cycles and TTC then I don't fall pregnant but when I relax and let nature take its course it seems to happen. I'm trying not too stress too much this cycle I'm still undecided if I will chart this cycle. If I do, I may just start at around 13DPO then after ovulation maybe stop charting so I'm not obsessing so much. My cycles are clockwork so I know I must ovulate it's mainly the LP that's had me concerned.
gennylou
Friend

Postby gennylou » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:37 am

I meant to add I had the copper T coil for almost 3 years, I had it removed in January so we could TTC. I was thinking perhaps that had messed things up for me but as far as I'm aware the copper iud doesn't contain any artificial hormones? I was told as soon as it's removed your fertile right away. I'm wondering if that could be the reason for my lighter periods as I was told when you have the copper iud it is known for causing heavier periods.
gennylou
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:58 am

Oh I'm so sorry about your mc! I know a lot of people say "a loss is a loss," and it's good to acknowledge those who were pregnant at any stage. But mine was so early that I barely got the chance to get used to the idea before it was gone. The mc itself wasn't physically painful and I barely bled. I can't imagine losing a pregnancy later on like that... And twins! I'm just so sorry you had to go through that!

I have heard that the copper coil can make periods heavier. I'm not sure what it tends to do upon removal.

I hope playing it cool this cycle works out for you! Sometimes I feel like it would be nice not to chart, but I'm too obsessive and I give in. ;)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Chart Stalkers Anonymous