Weird BBT chart

Are you a chart stalker? Or do you want your chart stalked? Come on in!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Weird BBT chart

Postby Sami23 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:20 am

Hiya all.

Not sure if there are any BBT charters here? I'd so, I'm really hoping you can help me.

I've just started chatting BBT (although I've been charting everything else for 9 months) and I cannot for the life of me find a chart that looks similar to mine. I had two major dips and spikes in 1 week, then, from 6dpo to 10dpo, my temp was dropping by 0.1 °c everyday (I'm 11dpo and temp is the same as yesterday.

I know I'm probably out this month, but this chart is freaking me out. Anyone had a similar chart? Is this something I should be co cerned about?

Thanks all!
Attachments
IMG_20180716_151947.jpg
(234.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sami23

Re: Weird BBT chart

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:11 am

Hey Sami! There are a few comments I have:
1. That big dip after O is totally normal. It's called fallback rise. I don't remember what they think causes it, but it's seen on a lot of charts!
2. Temping can take some time to get used to, so it's not unusual to have a kind of wonky chart as you're figuring things out.
3. IF those temps are correct and are falling daily from that point on your LP, you may have a progesterone issue. Have you gotten your progesterone checked about 7 days after O on any cycle? If not, I'd ask your doctor to check it.

I had an 11/12 day LP Anand had a successful pregnancy, so I always thought I was fine, but after losing two pregnancies last year and then having a year of absolutely nothing, I found a new doctor and discovered my progesterone was super low. I'm on letrozole to produce a stronger O now, which resulted in great progesterone numbers last month. It's a pretty easy thing to fix if that's what your issue is!
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sami23 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:29 am

Thanks so much for your response! Much appreciated. :)
Sami23

Postby bfulker » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:31 am

Hi Sami,

I'm wondering what your chart ended up looking like and if AF found you this month? Due to the temp decline, I would assume so but you know what happens when you assume! :)
I agree with BeeCee that the drop after O is considered a "Fall Back Rise" if you google it, it gives you the explanation on what they "believe" it is caused by.

This is just my personal experience, my temps were declining after O as well. I've been charting for 4 months. I got my progesterone checked and my numbers were normal. I started seeing an acupuncturist and I see her once a week and she's put me on some natural herbs. The herbs she put me on this past month helped push my temps back above the coverline. I wasn't a firm believer in acupuncture but I have proof that it is working for me with the herbs. It's just an all natural suggestion that you could possibly look into if you didn't get your BFP this month. I do highly recommend getting bloodwork though. As BeeCee said, 7 days after ovulation go get them drawn. Your Dr. shouldn't have a problem ordering that for you! :D

Best of luck and baby dust to you!
bfulker

Postby Sami23 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:20 am

Thanks so much!
Sami23

Return to Chart Stalkers Anonymous