Two Week Wait

TTC in our fabulous forties!
Post a reply

Re: TTC at 40

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:17 am

Thanks ladies! I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Yes, maybe August will be the month for all of us. We all seem to share cycle days, so who knows.

I hope that you all have an awesome weekend. xo

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:48 pm

Hi again
thanks for your replies.
to clarify a bit more, actually I am a husband and im 29, my wife is 42 though (in march this year)
she is catholic and although we had been together for three years before getting married, we only started having sex for the first time after our wedding in february this year.

so a bit unusual scenario.

What I am wondering is if there is any other advise other than just what you already suggested of a supplement, (we are each taking menovit and elevit) and trying to have sex as much as we can around the ovulation time, and if we want, to use the test kit to see when she is ovulating?
i havent suggested using it so far because we are both struggling with the pressure of trying to have sex at a certain time even within the period of a few days, and ive read its not super accurate with guessing when you will actually conceive anyhow?

thanks

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:54 am

lachlan2 wrote:Hi again
thanks for your replies.
to clarify a bit more, actually I am a husband and im 29, my wife is 42 though (in march this year)
she is catholic and although we had been together for three years before getting married, we only started having sex for the first time after our wedding in february this year.

so a bit unusual scenario.

What I am wondering is if there is any other advise other than just what you already suggested of a supplement, (we are each taking menovit and elevit) and trying to have sex as much as we can around the ovulation time, and if we want, to use the test kit to see when she is ovulating?
i havent suggested using it so far because we are both struggling with the pressure of trying to have sex at a certain time even within the period of a few days, and ive read its not super accurate with guessing when you will actually conceive anyhow?

thanks

Hi Lachlan, Firstly, I commend you for waiting. Its' so nice to read that.

The only advise I would give you is to start temping and charting. You can purchase a BBT (Basal Body Thermometer) from Amazon or anywhere online and have your wife take her waking temperature every morning at the same time. You can use a free software service like Fertility Friend (you don't need to buy the premium service unless you want to). Every morning after your wife takes her temp you log it in the software. You will see a lower range of temps pre ovulation and then a higher range of temps post ovulation. The reason why this is good is because you will see exactly when she has ovulated. Sometimes, we can get a positive opk and not ovulate for 48 hours. Sometimes you can get a positive opk and not ovulate at all, so temping and charting, as it is called, will really help. This link explains it more...http://www.fertilityplus.com/faq/bbt/bbtfaq.html.

Remember, it can take couples up to a year to conceive. I would get your wife to have her OVARIAN Reserve tested (aka known as CD3 blood work) and her progesterone levels checked too. These two hormones Estrogen pre ovulation and progesterone post ovulation are vital for a successful pregnancy. As we age, these hormones sometimes go out of whack but the good news is is that you can be written a prescription from your healthcare provider for these hormones if needed. The good news is there are many successful pregnancies for women in their forties so it is definitely achievable. :D

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:44 am

hey ladies and Lachlan :-P
sorry so quiet, hope you're all doing well. I'll be back soon.
xxx Tracy

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Well AF has left the house finally! Have dropped another 8lbs too. :D

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:40 am

Simone! 8 pounds! I am jealous.
I need to shift 10 kg...not sure what that is in pounds....
Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the bd 'marathon' lol. I have a raging bladder infection so for a change happy to O on the late side :-)

Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:41 am

Hi everyone! So glad to find some other ladies over 40 crazy enough to believe we can do this! I am 42, TTC for 6 cycles. I gave birth at 41 to our DD and am still breastfeeding, however my cycles came back after only 5 months after she was born. So here we are. Trying again.

I am currently dpo 2 and starting the TWW. Sigh.....

We have chosen not to do IVF so we are just using OPK.

Baby dust to you all.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:09 am

Hi Mercy, I'm 46 so crazy is the name of the game here lol
I'm 3dpo so not far ahead of you ;-)
babydust to us!
T

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:40 am

Hi Twacky! I know I'm tempted to start testing....wondering about you? Any pink lines?

Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:30 am

I'm a poas aholic *blush* so already tested yesterday lol! Totally negative of course. Here where I live hpts are pricey and epts are so expensive so it's a complete waste to be testing so early. What's your modus operandi? Early test or bravely wait till af is due? I used to wait for af till I had a chemical pg....now I want to know as early as possible. Just in case it's low prog? Or something preventable.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Me too! Testing every day past 7dpo, just in case. You need to get on Amazon and get yourself a box of the easy at home tests! They are super cheap and deliver to your door. And their sensitivity is almost that of FRER... But I know I've wasted a lot of money on tests too. It's just way to hard to wait.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:20 am

Bfn@ 11/12 dpo, af due friday, no spotting tho, no pms and plenty of white cm so....keeping the faith Lol!
What about you Mercy?

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:52 pm

Same here...bfn every day. And no symptoms at all so I feel like I'm out this month. AF due sometime in next 7 days so..... Another week. Sigh.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:49 am

don't you just hate the ttc hurry up and wait?
7 days to go-how long is your lp?
Mine has been known to stretch to 13 days so af may arrive tomorrow. Still getting completely blank tests so im likely out this cycle but having one test left...of course I will use it up first thing in the morning lol!
Have a gr8 weekend 40plussers!

Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:02 am

Usually around 14 days but can be up to 20. I'm out AF showed last night. boo. Another chance awaits! Though my child is sleeping so crappy I'm tempted to throw in the towel. A good weekend to you too!
Post a reply
IsoFresh
Pregnancy Test Strips
FertilAid for Women and Men
OvaCue
OvaGraph
FertileCM
Male Fertility Products