3 weeks preggo

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

3 weeks preggo

Postby Wannabmom » Wed May 04, 2011 5:24 am

I Had my single embryo transfer the last week I was 40. I am now 3 weeks pregnant and I am overcome in fear and doubt. It is getting really bad and I can't stop being upset.

My complaint is that I feel so old, but I didn't when I planned this. It took me two years to get pregnant, now I just want to cry.

My dh and I have been only married 2 1/2 years and started baby making 6 months after the wedding.

Are my hormones driving me crazy?
Wannabmom
Friend

Postby Madasa30 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:00 am

Hi there,

Congratulations on being pregnant firstly :jump: and yes it perhaps is your hormones making you feel this way. You are not old, you are young in comparison to some ladies on here who are still TTC.

Be happy, grateful and enjoy each day as it comes, you have a long way to go yet and it would be a shame to look back at possibly your only pregnancy with these thoughts.

Take care, xx
Madasa30
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Thank you so much

Postby Wannabmom » Wed May 04, 2011 6:23 am

Thanks for your post. I have ben crying all morning. maybe it is just hormones. I am having one baby in my life and I am upset that I am not as happy as I thought I'd be getting my bfp. :-( Your kind words helped.
Wannabmom
Friend

Postby MyMoodyMuse » Wed May 04, 2011 7:35 am

Awwwww... I went through the same emotions when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter and I was 28. It's scary! No other decision you make in your life will be as monumental or as definitive as bringing another life into the world. And it feels like no amount of preparation can really make you ready for when baby arrives.

I was so stressed throughout my pregnancy, I missed so much. I think it even prevented me from really bonding with the life growing inside of me. During the delivery there were complications and we almost lost her. I never realized how much I really wanted her until I finally heard her cry.

I don't want you to feel alone or beat yourself up for not reacting the way you thought you would. And please don't feel like this somehow means you don't really want to be pregnant. It just means you're overwhelmed and, yes, that your hormones are probably not helping at all. ;)

You need to try to find a way to start embracing your pregnancy. I deeply regret not talking to someone who could have helped during mine because I missed so much! Twelve years later and my husband (of three years this May 31) and I are trying to have a baby. I am excited and scared. I plan to embrace everything about this pregnancy but should those old emotions rear their ugly head, I'll be going to talk to someone as soon as possible because I'm not going to let it rob me of embracing this pregnancy. You shouldn't either. :hugs:

Please be kind to yourself. Congratulations on your sweet miracle! :D
Me: 41/ DH: 42 / DD: 12 / DS: 1
My Ovulation Chart
MyMoodyMuse
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Aww

Postby Wannabmom » Wed May 04, 2011 7:56 am

Now I am crying because what you said is so sweet. You all are making me feel much better and I know I will love my baby when he/she gets here. I will try to embrace my pregnancy, but I am not loving this down feeling after I turned 41.
Wannabmom
Friend

Postby Garnergirl » Wed May 04, 2011 10:46 am

Wannabmom - don't be sad, I'm right here with you. I'll be 42 in September. We're all nervous, we're all hormonal. :) But we're all here together. Everything's going to be okay. You can do this! :)
Me:42 DH:38 ~Married 5.2.09~

BFP 3/26/09 - Blighted ovum resulting in natural m/c on 5.2.09 (that sucked).

BFP on 9/8/09 - DS Declan born 5.17.10 - 9lbs, 4 oz.

BFP on 4/25/11 -

Garnergirl

Postby Linty » Thu May 05, 2011 1:48 am

Congrats with your pregnancy and dont feel down... its hormonal also.

We still ttc #1 so hope to share the news soon.
Linty

Postby kierann » Sun May 08, 2011 10:14 pm

I got pregnant at 39 through IUI and had my baby 2 days before I turned 40. I brought her home on my 40th birthday. I was so hormonal after I had her and I remember thinking it reminded me a little of how it was when I first got pregnant. I guess when the hormones are rising at first it throws you for a loop and again when they fall after the baby. The baby blues were worst though. So, I think hormones are playing a big part in your emotions right now. I had been dreaming of becoming pregnant for so many years. I wanted it so bad but when I got pregnant I started to question was this really what I wanted after all. It was so weird. Being pregnant for the 1st time is scary. At least it was for me. There is a lot of changing going on with you right now. Pregnancy goes by so fast so enjoy everyday as much as you can. (: Congratulations!!!!!!
Me 41 DH 41 TTC #1 2/09 Elevated FSH and 5% Morphology 2/10 Clomid/IUI BFN 3/10 No Tx due to Cyst 4/10 Femera/Follistim/IUI BFP!!! Baby Girl Born Perfect 12/22/2010! Surprise BFP May 2011 Miscarriage July 2011 IUI with Femera and Follistim Oct 2011 BFN Surprise BFP Dec 2011 Beta #1 1330 Beta #2 3600 Due Date Aug17th 2011.
kierann
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby bluedisc » Wed May 11, 2011 11:41 am

Try not to worry about getting older....I'm 45 now and I can look back at 40-42 as a golden age of my youth:)
Don't think you may necessarily never conceive again either....I had two babies at 41 and 42....
Hormones are horrible, although I had a better time of mine when actually pregnant and after childbirth....
What you're feeling isn't so unusual. Talk to your doctor and to a good friend. Hopefully things will settle down as your body gets used to the pregnancy.
Preparing yourself for the arrival can take your mind off worrying, or else getting into a favourite hobby, or just being with friends.
Chamomile tea and porridge made of oatmeal can help settle the nerves if part of it all is anxiety.
Try to have a laugh with friends or at a funny movie.
Hoping you feel more like you again soon.
It's all going to be so worth it:)
Brionne
Brionne 46, ds 9, dd 4, ds 3.
(In the picture - ds 6, dd 22 months, ds 7 months)
BFP 19th April 2010
bluedisc

Postby Lizc0002 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:59 am

You are pregnancy hormonal, try not to fret. I had my 3rd baby at 39 and at times I doubted I could handle it at my age too (and sometimes I still do, but I think my age is just an easy target, I think most Mom's feel overwhelmed at times no matter their age) When I start to bemoan being an older Mom, I try and remember a child in my 20s would not have been good for me, I was not ready at the time. For my kids, I am a way better Mom at 41 then I ever would have been in a million years at 21 (not that 21 year old Moms are not just as good, this was just me at 21)
ImageImage
Lizc0002
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

thanks

Postby Wannabmom » Fri May 13, 2011 7:02 am

keep the stories coming. they help. Battling morning sickness now and my first ultrasound is on the 24th.
Wannabmom
Friend

Postby bluedisc » Wed May 18, 2011 4:38 am

Hi wannabemom,
The battling morning sickness part sounds hopeful that all will be well:)
Hang on in there,
Brionne
PS Sea bands can be a great help.
BFP 19th April 2010
bluedisc

Sea bands

Postby Wannabmom » Wed May 18, 2011 5:41 am

Do sea bands help with loss of appetite? I have not eaten right for a week. Going to see my doc today about that.
Wannabmom
Friend

Sea bands are the bomb

Postby Wannabmom » Thu May 19, 2011 5:53 am

After using sea bands I purchased from Walgreens, I could eat again after a couple hours of wearing them. I had my first meal in a week. I feel so much better. They are worth a try for anyone with morning sickness.
Wannabmom
Friend

Postby bluedisc » Sat May 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi Wannabemom,
So glad they worked for you, they really helped me when I was pregnant with my daughter,
Brionne
BFP 19th April 2010
bluedisc

Return to TTC in our 40s