If you're having multiple m/c...

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

If you're having multiple m/c...

Postby shaolinlady » Fri May 20, 2011 1:37 pm

I just posted this on my last thread, but don't know if someone else may need this info. If you haven't already, make sure your doctor tests you for blood clotting issues. This can lead to multiple m/c. I finally had a new ob test me for it, and I had some clotting issues. It was a simple fix--once I got pg, I was put on a blood thinner shot once a day until 32 weeks. Lots of women who go through "unexplained" infertility have this problem, and once they're put on blood thinners, go on to have healthy babies. Good luck and lots of sticky baby dust!! BFP BFP BFP
shaolinlady
Friend

Postby mdnbtw » Sun May 22, 2011 5:07 pm

Curious, do you have children already? Asking because I have 2 children, after having a tubal reversal in Dec, I have had 2 early miscarriages 2 months in a row. Dr said something about testing for blood clotting but she doesn't think thats the problem since I have had children prior. I wonder of this is something that you are born with or can it develop later on in life???
mdnbtw
Friend

Postby bluedisc » Mon May 23, 2011 1:49 am

I think it is the sort of thing that can be developed later in life, at least some of the time, there's certainly no harm in having the test done. If your doctor's not keen on testing, perhaps get a second opinion or pay for private testing if you can afford it?
Another medical issue not always picked up on is thyroid hormone levels. Women over 40 often have levels which are too high or too low, and both conditions make it next to impossible to conceive. It's important to get thyroid antibody levels checked out as well as hormone levels. Usually thyroid imbalances can be reasonably quickly corrected, making pregnancy much more possible.
One other issue to consider is your bodyweight. If you are not close to, or at, your ideal weight for BMI (body mass index) it's common to have a harder time conceiving, especially as you get older. It's even worse to be underweight than it is to be overweight usually.
Hope all that helps,
Brionne
Brionne 46, ds 9, dd 4, ds 3.
(In the picture - ds 6, dd 22 months, ds 7 months)
BFP 19th April 2010
bluedisc

Return to TTC in our 40s