Going Round in Cycles

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Going Round in Cycles

Postby earthweave » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:00 am

As promised, a new topic for us to keep chatting on!

I'm 8 DPO, pretty sure it's a BFN (no, not just saying that, my body is telling me it's a BFN!)
So looking towards the next O - in about 2/12 weeks I guess. *sigh*.

Where are you all and how are you all doing?

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby missymoo3 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi B and all

Thanks for starting the new chat. Like the new title - you have a way with words!

Well you may be right about the bfn, or you may be wrong! You're not out till AF. Don't test too early, wait till at least 11 dpo. Fingers crossed for you though. I so hope you are wrong.

As for me, well finally, 4 weeks, 5 days after miscarriage, I finally got my smiley face! That sure was a long time! I suppose after my first miscarriage, I didn't get AF till 7 weeks, so I suppose that's the cycle my body follows. So I'll soon be in the 2 week wait.

Missy
missymoo3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby earthweave » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks Lucky_Jules & MissyMoo - not going to test until Saturday when I'll be 11 DPO, but my periods have been coming bang on 26 days so theoretically a FRER should work for me now as I'm CD25 today. (Peak fertility was CD 15 / 16) Although with a shortish luteal phase any pregnancy may take a bit longer to show up - if / when it finally happens!

Half term here in my part of the UK, so going to put it all to the back of my mind for the day and have fun with my little girl - she's requested a trip to the model village today, with a friend. So, being extremely British, we shall go out into the pouring rain and jolly well have fun! Might go onto the beach in our wellies and have icecream!

Take care all!
B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:39 am

I am CD13 and last night I had a positive OPK ... I guess the sonohysterography really did "clean out the cobwebs" since I normally have a positive OPK on CD14. Probably that and the accupuncture are making a difference. No temp spike this morning so BD again tonight. We planned on BD last night anyways thinking I would O in CD15 (like last two cycles)... I hope we are getting enough timed BD in this month ...oh well no use dwelling in the past :roll:
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby earthweave » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:19 am

Hello all,
I'm on CD 3. Had a rubbish few days - went into melt down when AF arrive. Wasn't expecting to feel like that, specially as I KNEW I wasn't pregnant for the whole 2 weeks. My body feels a certain way after O, the only exception to that was when I was pregnant. So I knew I wasn't pregnant and yet the biggest, blackest cloud descended when AF arrived. Feeling a bit better now but actually walked out on hubby and daughter on Sunday night. Just thew down the bread knife half way through getting dinner, stormed out and drove around in the rain for an hour and a half. Scared myself - I've heard people say that the 2nd AF after a miscarriage can be the worst - I sure hope that was the worst as I really don't want to feel like that again. I have reluctantly ordered more wee sticks for my fertility monitor, but I'd like to think it's going to be my last wee stick month. I really do feel that all this temping and testing is feeding my obsession and making me feel so wonky that I have to stop somehow. So this month, nothing by monitor sticks. No to OPK and temping, no to early pg testing. No to everything - except sex. And even then, I'm not finding much enthusiasm for that!
How is everyone else doing?

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby earthweave » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:28 pm

aww, thanks Lucky Jules! I think half the problem is not being able to talk about it. DH can't handle me being upset each month and it's too personal to talk about to most people. Anyway, I seem to be heading towards what passes for normal in our house!
Let's hope that AF doesn't come for you - but if it does, try to be kind to yourself and not go all mental and weird like I did. I don't recommend it!

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babybean2 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Ok so FINALLY I got my period! Horray!!!!!!! (never thought I would hear myself say that!!!!!!)

However now everything has to fall into place perfectly! I USALLY O around CD10-12 so that should put me RIGHT on target for when DH is home for FOUR days from work.

BUT - then he is going to Dubai for 2-3 months!!!!!!!!! Argh ... :shock:

So no pressure or anything however we had better be successful this next week otherwise TTC is going to be put off for a little while... :roll:

I will have to have eeverything cross (except my legs) that sperm meets egg this week!!!
Me: Wendie just turned 42
DH: Just turned 41
DD: Hannah 3 12/02/08
TTC # 2 - JUST starting out 05/21/2012
<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3d2b4a">My Ovulation Chart</a> </a>

babybean2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Madasa30 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Babybean, bless you hope all works out well this cycle and you get your bfp before dh goes away xx.

Earthweave, posted in another subject to you, but hope you are better now and still up for the challenge this month xx.

Good lucky lucky jules! sounds good, we need some bfps around here. May i ask, you say this will be your last baby, how many children have you already? Xx
Madasa30
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:17 am

Not to discourage you or anything earthweave but you may want to consider taking a break for month or 2. When I was seeing my RE I noticed I was going crazy with fertility drugs, ultrasounds, testing, etc. my DH was afraid to say anything to me because I was so obsessed then depressed. I knew it was effecting my family life so I took a 2 month break .. started WW, enjoyed my family and just got my mind back into a "happier place". It helped me to re-focus and remember that even though we are TTC # 2 what I have right now is so precious and no matter what the outcome I have a wonderful DH and a beautiful DS which will always be my family.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby earthweave » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:30 am

TTC - thank you. That's pretty much where I'm at. Had a dreadful couple of weeks, can't seem to pull myself out of it. I think I've made myself so repellent to DH that the chances of him wanting to BD in a few days are pretty remote anyway! So, thankyou - your message is very timely! I've stopped using OKP, stopped temping but am still using fertility monitor, as it's only cycle 3 with it so I want it to carry on building a picture of my cycles! So maybe we will this month, maybe we wont. I want to be in a calm and happy place so that we can try this month, but as I'm not perhaps I'll just leave it all alone!

Right-ho - on with the housework. Deep joy.

Take care all.

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Madasa30 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Gosh lucky jules you are indeed a lucky and fertile lady! xx.

Good luck everyone with this cycle, lets have some March babies! xx
Madasa30
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babybean2 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Argh - 4 more days until DH leaves and I will only get once chance with DH (long story but he is US and I am Canadian and we are working on his paperwork to come to Canada too) so we still have seperate residences and see each other on weekends or days off. IT SUCKS - but I am going to buy a crap load of OPK's tonight and keep an eye on things this week - and pounce Thursday and Friday night and hope for the best.

Everything will be crossed except my legs!! :o
Me: Wendie just turned 42
DH: Just turned 41
DD: Hannah 3 12/02/08
TTC # 2 - JUST starting out 05/21/2012
<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3d2b4a">My Ovulation Chart</a> </a>

babybean2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby earthweave » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:30 am

Hello all,
following my unexpected by quite spectacular melt down when AF arrived this month I am now much better and on CD 10. Hubby is away tonight and although I've binned the temping and OPKs I'm still using my fertility monitor, which is telling me I'm on 'low fertility'. When he's back we'll see if we are going to 'try' this month or not. I suspect we'll have a 'little try'!

A very good friend is pregnant with her 7th child (how is that fair?!) and just had her 12 week scan today. So jealous and not proud of myself for it, but I'm just so green with envy.

Anyway, like I said, CD 10 and onwards I go!

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Madasa30 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:24 am

Wish I was CD7 and waiting on O - I am 13 dpo, AF due tomorrow and I know I am not pregnant, feeling blah....only AF to look forward too.

:cry:

Still hopefully it will be quick and painless and I will be back in the ssddle again soon.

xx
Madasa30
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Madasa30 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:25 am

See - I cant even spell saddle anymore!!
Madasa30
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to TTC in our 40s