cycle of friends

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:05 am

Hey girls! I have been MIA for a little bit because I broke my fibula (little leg bone) on Sunday night :(. It is just treated like a bad sprain. I am wearing a boot now and will go to a splint hopefully next week. On the positive note, I did get to stay home with my sweet little girl on Monday and Tuesday that was fun! It made coming to work hard today though :(.

So, welcome to the new ladies :welcome:
And, I think I too have caught up on everybody's cycle.
Missymoo, so sorry about the bfn. Sounds like you are moving on postively...good for you!
Jan, I'm thinking lack of symptoms could be good too! Hopeful for you!

I'm cd8 and finished Clomid last night and now taking Estradiol. I am nauseous and tired. Kinda sucks when meds make you feel worse then pregnancy :(.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SimoneTTC » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:23 am

Hello ladies!

Welcome to the new ladies Brasil and second chance! Tiff-sorry about your leg. Ouch! Hope you heal soon.

Still no AF for me, but I'm similar to missymoo I think with the weird LP's, so I am not thinking much of it.

On the subject of BFN's on HPT's I would I think it would be good to look at this link http://www.babycenter.com/400_negative- ... 563_156.bc. I also saw one story where the expectant mother was six months before any HPT showed her she was PG so I'm just sayin'.....!

And as for telling any of my family about us TTC, no way! I refuse to be around negativity and no-one would understand why.

Children are a blessing from the Lord and who would not want to be blessed is what I say.

Also I'm VERY EXCITED because my U/S for my pelvic pain has come through and I am going to have it in 7th Aug so I can finally see what is going on. For those of you who don't know my story, I have been having a pelvic ache for 3 weeks out of the month and when AF is here, I have painful BM's (sorry if TMI) and Doc wants to try and see if there is any endo in there (I'm too overweight for a laparascopy :oops: ). Yay! Finally I can try and find out what is causing this pain (hopefully).

Well righteo, that is me and my news. Wherever you are in your cycles don't give up hope, keep trying.
SimoneTTC

Postby Janovich » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:25 am

Morning Ladies...

Missymoo.... sorry to hear about the BFN,...onwards and upwards eh? :wink:

Tiffanynp...Oh My God... how the heck have you managed to do that? :shock: ,...hope you're hobbling about OK and not in too much pain. They say a bad strain takes as long to heal as broken bones, so i guess that's around 6 weeks. Take it steady hun..

TTCNumber2 - How's things with you? YOu must be getting excited about your August date coming up eh?! :)

Earthweave - Those words are so true...!

madasa30 / Brasil - How are you both fairing this cycle ladies?

And yes,..welcome Second Chance,...the more the merrier!
Janovich x
Me: 46
OH: 44
Chemical - January 2013
TTC since Feb 2012, naturally
Temping and watching CM changes when I can!
My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Janovich
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babybean2 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:41 am

Sitting here at the dr's getting checked out as for one I don't seem to be ovulating and for two I have been having weird pressure " down there" possible just my period coming , weird burny type of feeling , full uterus feeling, pinchy on the sides - crampy back and I am being paranoid that something is wrong - too much dr google for me I guess!

Anyhow hopefully all will be well
Me: Wendie just turned 42
DH: Just turned 41
DD: Hannah 3 12/02/08
TTC # 2 - JUST starting out 05/21/2012
<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3d2b4a">My Ovulation Chart</a> </a>

babybean2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby babybean2 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:53 am

Also I am going for my first acupuncture session this Saturday!
<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3d2b4a">My Ovulation Chart</a> </a>

babybean2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby earthweave » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:36 am

oh Baby Bean - I hope by now you've been told that you are absolutely fine, their mistake and you ARE ovulating. Let us know how you get on please.

And I hope you get on well with your acupuncture - have you got a course of it booked?

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babybean2 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Well the Dr’s was awful !!! I went to a walk in clinic since fining a family Dr that is taking patients is nearly impossible here. She was rude, arrogant, and just plain awful. Dr Wong Ting was her name and after I left I realized for her profession her name should be “wrong thing” (as in she should NEVER have been a doctor)

She was RUDE. First thing she asked me was “how much do you weigh”, so I told her and she replies “oh you look much heavier than that” (??? What???), and then she tells me she is going to do a pelvic exam (just poke around) and so I get up on the table and she says “well I will see if I feel anything but I doubt it since you are so fat” – uhm ok I have a little baby weight still from my daughter – but seriously – that was uncalled for.

I have had some weird symptoms this week that have really concerned me :

Burning / pinching feeling all in my lower abdomen
Sore back
Same weird burning feeling down between my thigh area
Sort of crampy maybe like a period coming …but hmm different
Full feeling in uterus (NOT pregnant – yet)
I had some bloating and weird bowel issues last weekend and this also concerned me because when I looked up all these symptoms – ovarian cancer came up
I told her about those symptoms and my concern (after viewing doctor google) – and I asked her if those symptoms could be something like “ovarian cancer” and her reply to me was “only if it were extremely advanced” - so what does that mean?
Anyhow I have some blood work to get done Saturday and I already did a urine sample just now, then I have an ultrasound on August 02nd.
She did say that should I have something serious it would have most likely been something that would have been noticed on my ultrasound when I was pregnant with my daughter 3 years ago.
I am uncomfortable today as I am sitting here – when I am standing it is not as bad – but it doesn’t feel quite right. I do hope it turns out to be “nothing”.

babybean2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Madasa30 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi everyone

Babybean2 - what a witch that doctor was! I would ask to see another. Hope you get to the bottom of your discomfort. I get a 'full' feeling in my abdomen near ovulation, its quite uncomfortable when I sit but passes after 'o'. xxx

Tiff- Good Lord woman! You are in the wars. Hope you get well really soon, sorry the meds are making you feel so crappy. xx

Janovich, I think I am a day ahead of you, think I 'o' CD14 so I am 12dpo now according to my calculations. Good luck to you and I agree lack of symptoms can be a good thing!! xx

Earthweave, hope this cycle goes well xx

Simone - Good luck with the scan/xray on the pelvis, hope you get the answers you need xx

Hi to everyone else xxx :hi:
Madasa30
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby earthweave » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:53 pm

Babybean - really hope you get a 'nothing' result soon. Sorry about your Dr. though - sounds awful. Like you said, there is realy NO NEED for that sort of thing to be said - downright unprofessional if you ask me!

Take care and let us know how you get on.

Bx
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby SimoneTTC » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:28 am

Oh that Doctor was bad! How rude of her!
SimoneTTC

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:46 am

The nerve of some doctors ... Babybean, I hope you are going to make an appt for your doctor are that episode!
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janovich » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:11 am

BB... oh my god,...how blumin' rude is that.... i can't imagine how that must have been to take... i know i'd have probably wanted to knock her block off... :x

Love to you..
Jx
Janovich x
Me: 46
OH: 44
Chemical - January 2013
TTC since Feb 2012, naturally
Temping and watching CM changes when I can!
My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Janovich
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:28 am

babybean....... Clearly this is a Dr that is very unhappy in life and takes it out on others. I believe in Karma and eventually it will come back to her. What a witch. :af: Best of luck to you, hopefully it turns out to be nothing and you are just over thinking every little symptom. I know I have had a tendency to do that since TTC. So my fingers are crossed its the same with you.

for me, I did another test this moring........ now 10 DPO and still a BFN.... UGH. Though its early I thought I would have saw a faint line by now.... starting to think this is not the month for me.

I do have a question???? how do you keep from making your DH crazy along with you. I swear each month I think I have symptoms only to find its not so... I am starting to look like the little boy that cried wolf, its so not in my nature. And the last thing I need is for him to start feeling the pressure as well... I need him to be able to perform when needed LOL.
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:57 am

babybean, I am SO SORRY! That doctor should not be allowed to practice!! That just pisses me off! She could have some tact! Anyway, I am glad she did testing for you and I do hope you find out it is nothing. I too have had weird stuff in the past and it was nothing..I was over-thinking my symptoms :(.

second_chance: I tell dh everything so he is as crazy as me about it monthly. Sometimes, I don't say anything for a couple of days then I can't help myself. I do have a fb group of Nov mom's that I talk with alot and I am on this website alot trying to get it all out before I go home.

thanks everyone for you thoughts regarding boot and symptoms. We are cd10 today and looking forward to a sex filled weekend :). Guess, I will be dtd with foot in air....haha!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby brasil12 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Earthweave I know once people have kids they want free time. For me I never had any kids so I have done all.

Janovivj / I am one week after egg retrieval so I assume af arrives nest friday. Next ivf vov/dec.

Missimoo sorry about bfn.

Hi to everyone.

So hard to type on phone. Had dr appt yesterday. Eggas did not fertilize due to egg n sperm quality but got my supplements today.
brasil12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s