Donor Eggs?

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Donor Eggs?

Postby Adorabella » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:14 am

Yippeee! :) That's so good to know! Very grateful that you did this before me so I get to benefit from your experience.
<strong>Me: 44, DH 27</strong><div>Unexplained Infertility, resulting in&nbsp;3 miscarriages:<div>1. 6/2008 @ 6 weeks (natural conception)</div><div>2. 7/2009 @7 weeks (natural conception)</div><div>3. 12/2010 - heartbeat stopped @ 9 wks (IVF number 3)</div><div>* Also tried Clomid, herbs, acupuncture, yoga...you name it.</div></div><div><strong>Still hopeful.</strong></div>
Adorabella
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Fittblonde » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:48 am

Haha, well keep me posted :)
Theresa 44, DH: 37
TTC #1 since 2/14/10 - 4 MC
3/11 Au natural BFP 10 DPO! Beta 1237 16 dpo
5/09 9 wk baby passed - boy Trisomy 15
IVF #1: 11/2011 - 3 retrieved - none to transfer

March 2012 au natural BFP at 9dpo!!!
3/14 Beta 1: 70@12DPO
3/16 Beta 2: 217@14DPO
5/14 NT scan and Maternity 21 Plus BW - norma
Amino and Micro Array testing - ALL NORMAL!!!!l
Donor egg cycle canceled due to our miracle
Chloe Ann arrived November 20, 2012 Via induction
TTC Baby #2 Au Natural until November 2014 then we will move onto Donor Eggs
Fittblonde
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Adorabella » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:07 am

Hello!

Okay, so here is today's update. Saw my UK GYN today, who having read the letter from IVI requesting that I have a laparoscopy to remove my 'giant' fibroid, very nicely explained that he cannot see any medical reason whatsoever to have it done - unless it was blocking access to my ovaries but as we are not using my eggs...not a problem. He is also concerned that the risks that would ultimately render me unable to get pregnant at all (i.e. excess bleeding needing an emergency hysterectomy) are big enough to think twice.

His response is exactly the same as every other doctor I have ever seen regarding fertility, in this country and in the US (the IVF clinic there), all of whom were in agreement that the fibroid wasn't an issue fertility-wise, just discomfort-wise.

So, I have left the clinic feeling a little relieved not to be having imminent surgery, a little concerned that I am now at a standstill, advised to take 'baby' aspirin to help stop early miscarriages and a prescription for 6 months of Clomid.

In the meantime, I have just reported all of this to IVI to find out whether they are willing to go ahead with the Donor Egg cycle with my fibroid in situ.

Another one of those seesaw days. Up and down, up and down.

Hoping God will now step in and guide us because I know that I really don't know the answers any more!

Happy Weekend.
<strong>Me: 44, DH 27</strong><div>Unexplained Infertility, resulting in&nbsp;3 miscarriages:<div>1. 6/2008 @ 6 weeks (natural conception)</div><div>2. 7/2009 @7 weeks (natural conception)</div><div>3. 12/2010 - heartbeat stopped @ 9 wks (IVF number 3)</div><div>* Also tried Clomid, herbs, acupuncture, yoga...you name it.</div></div><div><strong>Still hopeful.</strong></div>
Adorabella
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Previous

Return to TTC in our 40s