Know anything about hormone levels?

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:58 am

What exactly is the purpose of being on clomid? I am reading some many different things about it.
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:36 am

It is used for "ovulation induction". It is intended for people who do not ovulate or for those who ovulate rarely (i.e. PCOS). But, some doctors use it for fertility in all kinds of women and/or as an adjunct to other fertility treatments (i.e. IUI).
My doc uses it for anyone over 37 who has not been able to conceive in 3 to 6months.

I think it is why there is so many conflicting stories out there...it is just used for all kinds of issues and used differently by all kinds of doctors.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:09 pm

Unless I am able to get my BFP this month I have a Dr. appt in early Sept to start next steps. Everything appears to be normal for me, normal clockwork periods, I believe I O. Just dont understand why its not happening for me.............. URGRRRRR..... Since this will be our 1st appt, do I recommend we have him tested? is there anything I can ask for to be tested on me? Do I suggest a full fertility work up, I am nervous that at my age she is going to overlook the easy first steps. I just dont know where to start with it, she has suggested that I might want to consider this lapherscopy (sorry may be misspelled) to make sure my tubes are clear. Is there not another way to know if I am blocked????? I am very nervous about doing that. I know they are the experts but at my age (43) I dont want to be going thru alot of needless things that take forever and still nothing, but I also dont want to be clueless a year from now either... Just having a down day today.
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Adorabella » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:16 pm

If it helps - most of us have been there with all the tests: blood, DH semen, tubes, chlamydia etc - and although not the most pleasant in the world, we have all survived.

Many women have become pregnant straight after having the 'tubes' test as it has actually cleared any debris and made things easier. Likewise with D&C's etc.

We are in our 5th year of trying (with 3 miscarriages under our belts) and I am now 44 and still they have found nothing.....and seem not to be remotely interested in looking apart from at my insistence and even then it's very reluctantly....as everything is put down to age, including the miscarriages.

I would pretty much take advantage of the fact that your doc is willing and supportive to send you for any investigations and find out exactly what options are available to you at this stage: Clomid, IVF etc.

Best of luck with it all.
Adorabella
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Second chance...I am so sorry about your down day. I totally understand.
If it were me, I would have him checked and have your blood work done to start (least invasive). I never did the Laproscopy you are speaking of. But, I had a friend who ttc for a year and finally had that done and she was born with both tubes blocked and would have never known without it...it was so sad..I met her on here..it was heartbreaking for her and DH.
So, I would prob just go with easy stuff first..him an SA and you hormonal blood work. Take it slow and step by step..it is stressful enough. I know we don't have much time to waste with our age..but it is also so stressful to ttc. That is just what I would do. Prob many women would do other things and I respect their choices too. Only you can determine what you are or will be comfortable with and how far you are willing to go to get your take home baby. We are here for you whatever you choose :).
My 8month journey seemed so long to me for dd; but there are so many wonderful women on here who have had to go to such greater lengths then me and been ttc for years. They will prob have better advice :).
No matter how long or how short your journey is....it is just so DAMN hard emotionally when you get a bfn!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Thanks Adodabella and tiffanynp for the thoughts. I will go into this with a open mind. Up until 2 months ago I did have the carefree it will happen outlook, now it seems the more I research the more nervous and stressed I become, even my DH told me to chill a bit......SO I WILL CHILL :wink: he suggested that maybe we should not go to the Dr next month and give it another 3 months before going down that road. At minimum I think both of us have blood work done and proceed from there. At least its moving in the right direction and he and Dr both are willing to keep going.. :D I am swearing off the research for a bit, to much info out there and I am finding myself in brain OVERLOAD :omg:
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:59 am

In the end, all that matters is that you and dh are happy:)! Wishing you the very best :)!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to TTC in our 40s