Need some thoughts?

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Need some thoughts?

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:59 am

HI everyone, sorry for the book ladies- :wink:

I have a dilemma and need some feedback. I went and had fertility acupunture done this past Friday. It was my first time ever going and she was highly recommended as one of the best in my city. She did a consultation with me first before the acupuncture and was very surprised by my pulse, she said that by my pulse she thought I appeared to be pregnant but since I had not be in before she could not say for sure. So she said she would do acupuncture on me that would assist with implantation and increase progesterone. The acupuncture was great, very relaxing and I felt very good afterwards. I had done a HCG test that morning which was DPO 9 and was BFN :( .

Now fast forward to today (5 days later) and I have had cramping, MAJOR sore boobs, and have been spotting brown and red off and on since Monday night but still no period. I have taken 2 more HCG test and both BFN one on Sun and one yesterdeay afternoon..... My periods are like clock work and normal red flow almost immediately so this spotting is very unusual for me. Sorry I know TMI.. :shock: but I am now so perplexed by this.

Can the acupuncture mess up my period?
Could I be pregnant but HCG not being picked up yet (I am using a brand that picks it up at 20). Today I am 14 DPO. At what point do I call my Dr for blood work?

I just hope this has not messed my cycles up now... :cry: UGH

I am not sure what to do from here, I guess the key is that I have NEVER spotted for 2 1/2 days like I am now.

I am so confused.

HELP
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Adorabella » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:18 am

Hope this helps.

Acupuncture can definitely affect your cycle/ hormones/ functions etc...and that is exactly why you went to see this acupuncturist.

The fact that she was recommended is great as is the fact that she is a fertility acupuncturist.

What she will have done is given you a treatment that would be appropriate for that stage of your cycle bearing in mind that you could be pregnant. (A pregnant woman's pulse feels like small pearls running through your vein).

There are a few possibilities:

that you are pregnant and all is well and you will get a BFP soon
that you fertilised an egg but that it has not stuck properly for whatever reason hence the pulse and lack of positive test

You will know either way soon enough.

Hugs.
Adorabella
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:22 am

Wow...very interesting :). Just my two cents, there have been two girls on here recently that did not have a bfp on pee tests and it required blood work. It could be that. If you don't want to call doc, maybe just wait it out a few days and see what happens to your flow then. If nothing by weekend I would go for bloodwork (if it were me).
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:57 am

How long is you luteal phase? If you are past your phase by more than 1 day (your luteal phase usually only will vary by 1 day) call the doc for a blood test.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:58 am

Thank you for your replies. I wondered how she knew about the pulse thing.

And just as luck would have it, 2 hours after I put this email out, AF came full force.... Thats how it always is right. You say it outloud and POOF.... :af:

I now officially have 1 more cycle to do this on my own before we start the 100% out of pocket fertility... :(

So its back to day 1 for me. Plus I have to travel for work all next week and wont be back until day CD10... which is perfect time for beginning the BD. :jump:

Which now leads to next question....LOL... So sorry, I am so green at some of this and learning more and more each day, Since I now have AF and we cant BD, and I am gone next week and we cant BD until next Friday would that make the swimmers dead or slow since its going to be so long til next BD? :? Would it be beneficial for him to do his thing a couple of times while I am gone to keep everything fresh and new? :oops:
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Madasa30 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:51 am

Sorry AF arrived in the end xx

Dont be embarrassed, we all have these questions going around our head from time to time!

I wouldn't worry, it would have only been ten days, he is making new ones all the time so whenever you are ready he can be. In my own opinion I would say that it's better to BD after a 10 day wait. A friend of mine and her husband couldn't for weeks and weeks for some reason, and when they did, she got a daughter. I don't think he had 'done his thing' in the meantime!!

xx
Madasa30
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:33 pm

I'm sorry about af too. No research to back this up but from something I remember they want to release about every seven to 10days. I might have sex as soon as he gets back and then that will get rid of anything that you wouldn't want it there (unhealthy sperm) and then you will be ready for the bd for O days. Just my thoughts :).
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Fittblonde » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Good luck! I agree with the above posts. I always BD'd a few days before O, during O and after O just so I had all bases covered. My cervical mucus is not the best quality so I wanted to make sure there were lots of sperm getting in there. I hope to see your BFP next month so you don't have to start treatments.
Theresa 44, DH: 37
TTC #1 since 2/14/10 - 4 MC
3/11 Au natural BFP 10 DPO! Beta 1237 16 dpo
5/09 9 wk baby passed - boy Trisomy 15
IVF #1: 11/2011 - 3 retrieved - none to transfer

March 2012 au natural BFP at 9dpo!!!
3/14 Beta 1: 70@12DPO
3/16 Beta 2: 217@14DPO
5/14 NT scan and Maternity 21 Plus BW - norma
Amino and Micro Array testing - ALL NORMAL!!!!l
Donor egg cycle canceled due to our miracle
Chloe Ann arrived November 20, 2012 Via induction