Irregular cycles

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Irregular cycles

Postby finallyttc » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:08 pm

I usually have a 32 day cycle and since our loss in February it has gone back to normal except for the past 2 months. I had a 28 day cycle which has never happened and now a 36 day cycle and no AF yet. I have POAS six times and just wish AF would show up and get it over with. We weren't trying nor preventing this month as I am still having a hard time convincing myself to try again after the loss. this may be what I needed but am wondering if I am having early menopause symptoms? Any thoughts on the crazy cycles? Sorry i am not a charter but do use opks when we are ttc. I have not been using them lately so I do not know when I o'd.
Me 40 DH 39<div>DD Born 12-29-10</div><div>Baby Gavin went to heaven at 21 weeks - Trisomy 18</div>
finallyttc
Friend

Postby SimoneTTC » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:24 am

Hi there and sorry for your loss.

I would ask your Doc to perform a CD21 blood test to check for progesterone levels to see if you are ovulating or not. Or you could get CD3 bloodwork done to check Estrogen levels etc.

Either way I think you should have a chat with your doc and get them to check things.
SimoneTTC

Postby Janovich » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:53 am

Hiya....i'm too am sorry about your loss... i actually THINK i suffered from a chemical last month as i had such horrendous pains, headaches and felt sick that woke me up at 2.45am in the morning...never ever before has that happened...

My cycles are anything between 26 and 30 at the moment from what i've learnt. I came off the pill in November 2011 and didn't actively start TTC til February so i think i'm still settling down in this department as my ovulation shifts from CD12 to CD18 at the moment.. From what i've worked out i think i have a 12 day LP,..they say the LP doesn't change (unless there's a deficiency there),...so you can work back from when your period starts to try and pinpoint when you actually did ovulate,...if that makes sense!

I second a visit to your Docs :wink: . I did take myself off to the docs to get my hormone levels checked out in April. I had 21 day bloods done to check my progesterone levels. They came back normal so at least i know i'm ovulating. Whether my eggs are of a decent quality or not...who knows,...just waiting for a decent one i guess and timed BD'ing to catch the bugger!!

Have you thought about temping??
Janovich x
Me: 46
OH: 44
Chemical - January 2013
TTC since Feb 2012, naturally
Temping and watching CM changes when I can!
My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Janovich
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:08 am

Temping is the best way to really understand your body and all the weird thing it does. Temping and checking your CM are truely the best tools to use when TTC. It wont help this month but it will in the next cycle. Just a suggestion.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby finallyttc » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks for the advice ladies. I did put in a call to my doc. I have had luck with using opks in the past and will probably stick with that in the future. I didn't this time as we weren't ttc. Still no AF and negative hpt. I will let you know if anything changes. Good luck everyone!
Me 40 DH 39<div>DD Born 12-29-10</div><div>Baby Gavin went to heaven at 21 weeks - Trisomy 18</div>
finallyttc
Friend

Postby LeighB » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:18 am

Hi there,

I am in the same boat as you, I am now 5 days late and had 3 BFN's. I have had 4 MC's in the past 2 years, and I am becoming a little gun shy now, but not so much that I want to keep trying. I asked my RE if this was a sign of early menopause, but she wouldn't confirm. She just said the standard "it could be lots of things" so for now I am limbo I guess. I am going to test again on monday morning, and the RE said if nothing changes by friday they will do a blood test to confirm BFN or BFP and if negative they will give me something to start AF, and then we get to start all over agian.

good luck to you

Leigh
LeighB

Return to TTC in our 40s