Hi!!!

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Hi!!!

Postby Blessed_Baby » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi. My name is Allison and I am new to this forum. I'm 40 and married for 2 years. This is my 1st cycle on meds (Clomid, Bravelle, Ovidrel, and Prog. Suppositories) along with timed intercourse. Your stories have been very inspiring and informational. Please give me some time to learn all of the acronyms. Well here is my story this month...

Began AF on 7-22, Took Clomid on days 3-7 and did the Bravelle shot on Day 9. On Day 12 I did an u/s and had 1 lonely follicle (19mm). Doc called and told me to give myself the trigger shot that night and BD 12 hours after that and 12 hours after that. I was a little disappointed because I thought it may have been too soon and it was just one. I did the shot on Day 12 (8-2) at 7:30pm, BD on 7:30am the following day and BD again at 7:30pm that evening. DH was a trooper!!! Now I have to start Progesterone on 8-6-12.

All of the sites I've visited said to BD 12 hours after shot and then 24 hours after that. I am such a wreck trying to make sure that I keep up with all of the times and things to do. I'm also starting to feel like a lab rat with all of these tests, needles, etc. But I just tell myself to get over it and keep pushing.

Also, the doc told me that my prolactin was high and she put me on meds and I had to do a MRI to make sure that I didn't have a tumor. Did that last month and it did not show a tumor so now it's unexplained why the level is high. I also have 1 blocked tube and a fibroid in the muscle cavity of my uterus. Good news though... the fibroid is in the muscle cavity and the doc does not feel it would be a major issue.

Now' I guess I'm in the 2ww window. Today I'm feeling crampy not really eating. I truly wanted to do IUI for the higher chances but DH wants to do it "naturally" as if any of this is natural. However, I am choosing my battles wisely and have compromised to try 3 times timed intercourse and IUI if that doesn't work.

I know this is alot... Hopefully the next post will be shorter.
Blessed_Baby
Friend

Postby Blessed_Baby » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:44 pm

I'm not sure. My doc didn't offer it as an option and said that the one that I have is fine. I'm so on information overload. During my next visit I am definitely asking this. I'm just scared that if she tells me to have a procedure to unblock it that it will take away from my time TTC.
Blessed_Baby
Friend

Return to TTC in our 40s