Magic Cycle

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Magic Cycle

Postby earthweave » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:45 pm

as promised, new thread for us to all keep in touch.
CD 6 for me - *sigh*.
Keep those updates coming!

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hoopla » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Hello Ladies,

I hope you don't mind my crashing your group! We've been TTC our second for 7 cycles now. I seem to be plagued with a post-breast feeding short luteal phase. Starting on progesterone in a couple of days. Based on OPK's and temping, I think I am 1DPO. Would love to get some positive results before I turn 42 at the end of September. Anyone have any experience with Crinone 8%?

Good luck to all of you!

M
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SimoneTTC » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Morning all ladies. Hate to post and run particularly as I haven't even read the rest of cycle of friends (will read when come back from work though).

Just wanted to post pic of u/s and tell you that I was never so happy to have a wee wee after that!!!

But anyway, there is hope for all of us "older girls" out there! Don't give up!
SimoneTTC

Postby Janovich » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:38 am

Morning ladies..

B - Thanks for starting a new thread.. , CD7 for you now,..today is a new day.. how long do you wait until there are 'eruption' signs?! x

TTC - Yey....Cycle buddies again!... i'm in the post ov window now with you :wink: x

LJ - DPO9 now for you,... 'nothing' means something to some women (when they think back)!!,.. Keep us informed of anything/everything..x

Simone - ....OOOOOOO errrrrr!!!!! Heh,.. do you know what,..i haven't a clue what i'm looking at on your scan!! Ha Ha ha... but the big black hole with a little something in it is good news yes!!??? :D,... sorry for acting dumb, but i've never had the pleasure of being there, so i don't know what stuff looks like!! :roll: :D

Hoopla - Welcome to our cycle of friends,... I'm sorry, i've no experience of Crinone 8%, but hopefully one of these lovely ladies may be able to help you out.

How's everyone else doing??

Me?...I think i'm around 3DPO and my temp went up again this morning to 36.9, so pretty sure i've laid an egg!,...now it's all about moving along, fertilizing,..keeping moving, implanting... and sticking and waiting and waiting...and...>>>>??? :roll: :)

Jxx
Janovich x
Me: 46
OH: 44
Chemical - January 2013
TTC since Feb 2012, naturally
Temping and watching CM changes when I can!
My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Janovich
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:03 am

O Simone your child is lovely :D It is so exciting and nerve wracking... keep us updated with US pics and doc appts!!! I am just so happy for you.

Welcome Hoopla

LJ is 8DPO is early .. FX

Schance ... you need 3 elevated morning temps at least (0.2F elevation) to know if you have O'd.

Me I am offically 3DPO so let's hope our weekend efforts are fruitful .... have I told you guys how much I hate the 2WW? Uggg
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:23 am

Morning everyone,

Well since I got back from my business trip last week I have been busy doing the BD.... I expected today to be my O day, today is CD15. usually I am clockwork and I can feel symptoms but so far BIG FAT NOTHING. No symptoms, a little change in my CM but thats it. So it must be late this month...LOVELY.

Simone- YOU give me hope. So happy for you.

Welcome Hoopla, I am new to the group as well and find this group of ladies wonderful and supportive. Its nice to know someone else is going thru this with you. I find much comfort in that. :D

TTC, Janovich and Lucky_Jules, fingers are crossed this is your month.
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi girls!!! For some reason I haven't been getting notifications from this site at all???

Well, I am now cd29 with no af and bfn for four days. NICE...NOT! Guess, my cycles are now going to be screwed up post pregancy..dang!
I'm in this horrible waiting game for af...no fun!

Second chance..yep I agree waiting is Lovely..hahaha!

ttc, please tell me I didn't miss your IUI :(. Glad you are in tww!

Jan, hoping that eggie is caught and on its way to the uterus for implantation!

Simone, AWESOME u/s pic! Thanks for sharing :)!!

Hoopla, WELCOME! I do think Crinone is just progesterone in a more expensive form. Helps keep baby intact. I do progesterone after every O.

Lucky, sorry you aren't feeling preggos...still really early!

B, your weekend should be FUN with the BD action :)!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SimoneTTC » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:21 am

Good Morning all.

LJ- if it is any help I did not have any symptoms either - just sleepy (but I am the type of person that will nap anytime of the day - like a cat) so no real symptoms there - just a missing period. So hang in there - not all women get symptoms. No news is good news.

Welcome Hoopla and sorry don't have any experience with crinone but there are a knowledgeable bunch of ladies on these threads and I am sure you will get your answers!

Janovich - lol - yes I am the same as you with these ruddy u/s pics. I was staring at the screen for ages thinking that I was looking at my little bean and it turned out to be a fibroid on my left hand side (they are not worried about it they said, but they will be keeping an eye on it!)

There is really not too much to see at this stage - in real life it is about the size of a sweet pea, but the good news is it looks good and the heartbeat is fine.

TTC42 - good that you have a waiting buddy in Janovich and LJ and Tiff and we're all watching and stalking the lot of you. You are right - it is so nerve wracking! I cannot believe it still.

SC - ugh don't you hate it when O day is late? Do you normally feel mittlesmerch (sp?) when you ovulate or is the CM change the only thing you go by? As with AF sometimes O can be messed up when you travel or are out of your routine. Hope it comes soon and you can shoot targets at it!

Tiff - hope you get some answers soon preferably a nice fat BFP. Waiting game is murderous isn't it? FX for you.

Right off to the Doc's for first antenatal visit. I know just what I am going to hear..."Hmmm yes you are overweight and tut tut tut!" I mean I know they are right, but if I smell a whiff of an attitude about it, they will get a Simone sandwich! Here we go...
SimoneTTC

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:00 am

Morning everyone,

UGH. Still no O, now on day 16, maybe a bit crampy and watery CM.... but thats it.... I am getting nervous that the acupuncture and the COQ10 that I started taking 2 weeks ago may have messed me up. My last period was weird, only 1 day of flow and then spotting the rest of the days and went for 6 days vs my normal 5 days.

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with either the COQ10 or acupuncture changing things up?

If in fact I am late with my O, that is going to make my LP very short this month, as I have always had 28-29 day cycles.... all I can say is UGH..... Frustrating, the BD has been so perfect this month also..... :x
and the O smiley face test I do each morning is staring back at me BFN the last 5 days.
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby earthweave » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:02 am

Hello,
waiting to O - don't know when. Got rid of all my 'O detection' kits - I thought that if spending a fortune on then has achieved nothing for me, then I can get the same results without spending a fortune! So going to go by CM and O pains. And in theory, as long as you baby dance within 3 days before O and up to 1 day after, you're going to have done it at the right time.

Just so fed up right now, I can't even imagine BDing. Plus we'll be staying at my Dad's house, so I don't reckon we'll even try this month.

Good luck to all of you that are waiting.

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:52 am

Hi ladies just jumping in...hope you don't mind :wink: .

I am at CD12 expecting to O tomorrow..or the next day..or the next (always expecting it until it actually happens - :shock: ) Charting only with CM changes. In additon to trying naturally (if I can entice DH to cooperate :x ) I am also scheduled next week for a FET of one embryo. Ready to end my ttc journey and hoping that August is the month! :jump:
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Fittblonde » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:13 am

Simmone....Congratulations on a great ultraound!

Good luck to the rest of your ladies in the middle of cycles. I stop in often to see who got their BFP. Keep trying ladies. It totally happens in your 40's. I was 42.5 when we conceived Chloe. I will be almost 44 when we start trying for number 2.

I had zero symptoms in my TWW. I was shocked when I got a positive at 9DPO

Cheering you all on :)
Theresa 44, DH: 37
TTC #1 since 2/14/10 - 4 MC
3/11 Au natural BFP 10 DPO! Beta 1237 16 dpo
5/09 9 wk baby passed - boy Trisomy 15
IVF #1: 11/2011 - 3 retrieved - none to transfer

March 2012 au natural BFP at 9dpo!!!
3/14 Beta 1: 70@12DPO
3/16 Beta 2: 217@14DPO
5/14 NT scan and Maternity 21 Plus BW - norma
Amino and Micro Array testing - ALL NORMAL!!!!l
Donor egg cycle canceled due to our miracle
Chloe Ann arrived November 20, 2012 Via induction
TTC Baby #2 Au Natural until November 2014 then we will move onto Donor Eggs
Fittblonde
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby earthweave » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:13 am

lovely to have you on board Shanessa91 and Hoopla.
Shanessa - really hoping that August is your month too - and that the FET goes smoothly, with some wonderful news at the end of it.

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hoopla » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:04 am

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for the warm welcome! It seems I O'd later than I thought -by my temps I am 1DPO today. TWW here I come!

Tiffany -If you don't mind my asking, when do you start your progesterone? My RE's office has given me some really conflicting info on this -anywhere from 1 day before O to 3 days after O depending on who I talk to.... I am planning on starting tomorrow which is 2DPO.

Jules -yes we do seem to be in the same boat! I also had an early miscarriage (chemical) my second cycle TTC after my son was born. Would love to give my little guy a sib. Fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone! Hoping that this is our month!

M
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Janovich » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:20 am

Morning Ladies... and welcome shanessa and Hoopla... :) ,...look forwards to hearing all about your future journeys on here.. we're a friendly bunch and really support one another..

B - I don't do O detection kits either,... just watch for my pains a coming and changes in the cm too,.. think mother nature has a good way of letting us know,...it's just catching the damn eggs.... :roll: ,.. hope Ov is upon you soon hun...

TTC - How's my cycle buddy doing?? :wink:

LJ... - Anything to report this morning my lovely??

SChance - I'm sure TTC had accupuncture recently...?..either that or i dreamed it!! LOL. I was of the impression it regulated things more though...could be wrong.... I hope Ov makes an appearance over the weekend for you.. :)

Simone... - I hope you dished 'em up a good 'Simone Sarnie' complete with all the trimmings if they gave you a hard time about carrying a few extra pounds.. As if you don't know.. :roll: ,....ahhh... just tell 'em you're keeping the baby nice and snuggly and cosy and warm,..coz let's face it, our lovely British weather (although very nice at present),..can turn at the drop of a hat and we end up in our woolly pully's next week!! LOL :D

Tiff - CD31 for you,....any news???

Me? - I'm probably DPO5 and nothing really to report. Although a funny thing happened this morning... Now i know that temps don't count unless you adhere to the strict rules of 'same time, don't get outta bed etc,.',..but at 6am i was bloody boiling in bed and dying for a piddle and thought,..ok, see if you can last til 7.15am (my usual get up time),..Nah...i couldn't!!,..so at 6.30am i took my temp,..it was 36.5. Went for a piddle and got back into bed.

Took my temp some 45mins later at the correct time and it was 36.8!,..now i know this is a usual post ov temp for me this month,..but just thought..'gosh that's quite a jumps in 45 mins'!..

Heh Ho... probably nothing, but just thought it was quite a jump in such a short time..

Have a lovely weekend ladies... as you know i'm not around online over weekends...so with catch up Monday morning..xx :)

Got alot to keep me busy actually as i have a poorly horse at the moment who's thrown an abcess so i'll be spending all my weekend nursing him and making sure he's ok and giving him lots of TLC...xx

Take Care All..

Jxxx
Janovich x
Me: 46
OH: 44
Chemical - January 2013
TTC since Feb 2012, naturally
Temping and watching CM changes when I can!
My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Janovich
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to TTC in our 40s