Magic Cycle

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: southernbelle, maddy, unaffected, JessM

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:51 am

Welcome to all the new ladies, this is such a great place to get information (even if you thought you knew, I am always learning new things in this forum); vent; and eventually share your success story with others!

B, I know how frustrated you must be ... been there, done that ... but a postitve attitude goes a long way.

For all of you waiting to O ... just think it is not as bad as the TWW :D

For all of us in the TWW .. FX and happy joy-joy thoughts. Just curious, how many DPO do you ladies wait until you POAS? I usually wait until 13DPO (my luteal phase is 15DPO) unless I takes Jan's challenge and do not POAS at all which leaves me in agony!

BTW Tiff, you haven't missed my IUI ... the clinic was closed on Day 1 of this cycle so I will be going Aug. 21 unless short of a miracle this cycle gives me a sticky!
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby missymoo3 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:41 pm

Hello ladies,

Welcome to all the new ladies. May you get lots of support here.

I've been away from the net for a week on holiday. No wifi connection, how did I cope?!!

I didn't actually ovulate in the end. No 3 bars and no smiley face. Gave up testing at day 21. Had no EWCM at any time in the month. I think it was TTCnumber2 who asked if I ever have any. Good question!! I think I usually have a day or two, and it isn't what you would call abundant, but certainly no more than one or two days. This month it's just been kind of sticky. I was told after miscarriage number 1 that I wouldn't ovulate every month after age 40, but it feels so disappointing to have a month completely ruled out.
missymoo3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby earthweave » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:06 pm

Hi Missy Moo,
sorry you didn't get a result this month. I'm not so sure about these non-ovulating months you know - I have symptoms most months but certainly not all months. The month I had my 21 day blood test done I had no symptoms but was told that I had very good results and had ovulated. Simone on the other hand was told that she HADN'T ovulated last month and turned out to be pregnant! Our bodies give us clues, but we can't know for sure - not even with all the ovulation kits and monitors. Just my thoughts, so now I assume that I'm in with the same chance each month, symptoms, lines, smileys or not! Hope you are feeling OK. Keep your pecker up!

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:33 am

Venting Alert!! :rant:
So I went to see RE to do blood work to determine when my LH surge would be so they would know when to schedule the snow baby transfer. The nurse called me yesterday afternoon to tell me that I should be Oing in the next 24 to 36 hours so my FET is next Friday (usually 7 days after surge for day 5 blast). Sure enough, my temps spiked .5 this morning.

How rare is it to know exactly when you are ovulating without the guesswork? I was so ramped up. I had visions of fraternal twins running through my mind – one from my natural O this month and one from the snow baby. :jump:

DH had other plans. No intention of BDing. He says his body is in pain. :mad: Now granted he discovered last week that he has a cyst on his kidneys. But he has been in this situation for at least 2 months and he was able to BD before. He is going into overdrive about how the cyst could be malignant, he will have to have surgery, yada yada. :blah:

I know I sound insensitive (and I don’t discount his discomfort) but sometimes cysts are benign. I have had a small benign cyst on my ovary forever it seems. Again, granted mine does not cause pain (and his pain is mild, mind you, not debilitating at all). But he was in pain before he found out it was a cyst and it didn’t stop him from BDing. Now that he has an actual diagnosis he is being such a baby! I pray that the transfer is successful because until he gets the cyst resolved our BDing could be on hold for quite some time. :praying: :cry:

Sorry ladies, just needed to let out my frustrations. Amazing how much better you feel after you type it all out. (Had some fun with the emoticons too :wink: )
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby missymoo3 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:51 am

Shanessa, you were well within your rights to a rant!! I would have ranted too! The one thing we take for granted in our attempts to conceive is that our men will be willing to bd at the right time, and it is a right royal pain in the you know what when they won't!!

Maybe you could take the emphasis away from bding and just go for major seduction techniques, that's what I would do anyway!! Give him lots of sympathy (even if you don't think he deserves it) and then just seduce and hopefully that will work!!

Sometimes our guys get fed up of being told 'it's time' or mine does anyway, so I tend not to tell him.

Thanks for your comments and support Earthweave, I don't think I did ovulate though, I certainly didn't have any EWCM, and I'm certainly not pregnant either, I tested just in case. Ah well, I'll still be dtd next month and just hope I do ovulate. I know you are right about the opks not always being right.
missymoo3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SimoneTTC » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:30 am

Good morning all. Hello Hoopla and Shanessa and yes, feel free to rant on here and unleash it all - you won't be judged! We understand.

Missymoo - ditto b's advice - sometimes we just know our bodies more than the "experts" do. For me, I am lucky I feel mittlesmersch (sp?) and just went for it (plus my chart showed clear thermal drop followed by a sharp rise) so I just knew that I had ovulated. I know we all say this, but in the right cervical mucous, sperm can survive for days up there so just go with your body and those signs there.

Janovich - how is the horse?

ladies in waiting - any news? any poas results or are you all being strict and not testing early?

AFM, found out that my 46 year old sister is 13 weeks pregnant (via IVF) and I'm over the moon about it all! So there is hope for all of you. One tip ~she went and had an ovarian reserve test done and was told that her egg quality and the amount of eggs was not optimal and seeing as they had been trying for some time, decided to go down the ivf route, but maybe (the ovarian reserve test) is something that you ladies might want to think about?

Also went for my first antenatal visit and it wasnt that bad. I opened my mouth to her first about being overweight (175lbs) and she was fine about it and said I carried it well lol! I am sooo thirsty all of the time though and had nausea again this morn, but think it was triggered off by the stress of my husbands op today. had some dry toast and sorted it all out.

how are you all going?
[/u]
SimoneTTC

Postby Janovich » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:37 am

Hi Ladies....

Simone... Ahh bless ya... my horse is on the mend thank you.. :) ,..it's been a loooong week last week and constant care looking after him..with lots of TLC all day both saturday and sunday...i'm shattered. Didn't get to see my farmer fella coz i stayed put at home to look after my boy. Saying that, he's been mad busy baling hay all through the weekend, so we've both been up to our eyes in it really.!! Nice to hear all is going well with 'beanie'.. :)

Shanessa - you are entitled to a 'blow off',..and yes it does take the pressure off and make you feel a little better doesn't it! I know it's not easy when the OH isn't in the mood/knackered, or in your case saying 'he's in pain''... if they only knew sometimes what we women have to go through some months with cramps/pains,...men would Never have babies after the first one i bet!

Missymoo -...i'm sorry to see you didn't think you ovulated this last time,.. at least you know for sure that there's 'another chance' coming up for you. Disappointing though as you've said,..i can understand that.

TTC - How's you doing my lovely? Anything to report?!

LJ - I see you've got the wicked witch in situ,....bummer,.. :| onwards to the next ride then eh?!

SChance - have you ovulated yet?

By the way,...I'm reading our Tiff seems to have got herself a BFP judging by her poas results...is this right??

Me,... well i've been that busy over the weekend looking after my horse,..so i'm shattered and have a very achy back from all the bending down and seeing to his feet.. both sat and last eve..my eyes were closing at 8pm and i was tucked up in bed for 9.30pm i was so tired. My temps over the weekend have been 36.7 and 36.8, but this morning on CD24(think i'm around 8DPO),..i had a reading of 36.5. AF may well be gearing up for an appearance,...or perhaps one of those ID's?? Never had a temp this low before at this stage in my cycle.. Weird thing is i had a crap night's sleep as i was so bloody hot,...so maybe this is what's thrown my temps out of whack a bit... Heh ho.... :roll: , we shall see what tomorrow brings..

Wasn't going to mention this as you know what symptoms are like, but i have been getting these funny little twinges like someone's poking me with a pen or something last night and a little this morning. It will probably be me being extra sensitive though,... other than this,..nothing to report from me..

Hope everyone's trundling along ok,

Jxx
Janovich x
Me: 46
OH: 44
Chemical - January 2013
TTC since Feb 2012, naturally
Temping and watching CM changes when I can!
My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Janovich
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 am

Morning everyone,

Just had a opp to check in and see how everyone is doing this fine Monday AM and if we have any more BFP out there over the weekend. :bfp: ???

Jano- so sorry about your horse, hope is he is back to getty up soon and so are you. LOL

Shan- We have to rant to each other or otherwise we would never get any action, our man would be totally disgusted with us all the time. I truely think most men are clueless at how hard this is, they think its all to easy to get pregnant.

Missy- do you temp? if not you might want to give it a try, this is my 1st month of temping and I think I may have Oed by looking at my chart, though I had no symptoms otherwise this month and no + O test either. Just the temping this month has taught me so much about my cycle, when to BD. Since I did not have alot of CM this cycle I had to resort to using preseed each time.

TTC- I have become a POAS aholic, and start at 7 days after 0 and then every other day after that. But am going to try and relax about it this month and not test until my period is due...... (going to TRY real hard :D )

Simone- hang in there, the sicker the better right... I pray for that day myself.

As for me- I am sick of wondering what every little symptom is or could mean so I am going to try and relax about it. Fitt Blonde said she had no symptoms at all when she got her BFP so I am hoping that is the same for me and therefore going to try and chill a bit and not over analyze myself. Having no O symptoms or +0 test made me think I did not O this month, plus I usually O at day 14 and this month it appears to be day 17. Go figure, I did the BD all around day 14-15 and then on 17 so I am hoping that this is the month it takes and the little mini him's were hanging out waiting to charge.

I attached my chart from fertility friend in the link below. Can you all check out my chart and tell me if you agree as well and that I did O on the 17th? Or is my temp change not big enough?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e1368

also, if there is a way I can copy and paste my chart please let me know. I cant figure that out.

Happy Monday everyone

H
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:51 am

So sorry just quick note here...will check up on everybody later..busy at work today.

afm...cd34 and no sign of af and bfn on cd32. I don't know what is up with this cycle :(. Don't know if that means I didn't O or just O'd late. I have not idea :(. I have doc appt next Thursday and will just wait until then to figure out what to do next...very sad :(.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SimoneTTC » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:52 am

Hey sc, looked at your chart and would agree with ff that you did I when they said as you need three raised temps for o to be confirmed. Also there is a tab at the top where you can attach your chart to your siggy. Click on account, charting settings, then sharing, then get code (you want the Bbcode code chart thumbnail, copy the code, paste it on your siggy on here and then "voila". Also as you put in your info every morn on ff it will automatically update so we can all stalk you lol!
SimoneTTC

Postby shanessa91 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:55 am

Missymoo, Simone, Janovich - thanks for taking my side and not judging! I managed not to kill DH this weekend (just barely - LOL). I just feel that we lost out on a golden opportunity since the RE said that the follicle releasing the egg was on the right, my best tube side. Anyway... I am just looking forward not back :)

Janovich - Hope all turns out well for your horse baby. Also, that dip in your numbers could be a great sign. I have always had a dip in my temps before BFP! I don't want to get you too excited but this could be the month! Let's see if the those temps rise above the levels before the dip.

2ndChance - I also had no symptoms with my DS. My cycle was/is just so regular that when AF didn't come and my numbers stayed high I took a test on a whim and was postive. I tested two or three times a week until I could see my OB just to reassure myself I was preg because I didn't feel anything - except relieved that AF wasn't around. So you never know. It definitely looks like CD17 was your big O. The countdown begins!

Tiffany - hang in there. Maybe you are not producing enough HCG just yet for the HPTs to pick up on it. Maybe you did O late.

Simone - it must be nice being pregnant with your sister. You guys will be able to share an even closer bond. You said her eggs weren't of good quality, if you don't mind my asking, did she use her own? BTW, I wish I was 175 lbs! I had an annual visit with my OB on Friday and the first thing she said was I see you lost 11 lbs since last year but you need to lose much more. Well, thank you very much. :roll:

AFM - My transfer of my one snow baby is this Friday. I am trying to go see my accupuncturist the day before. I have a feeling this is going to be it. I have taken every supplement under the sun to prepare my body, doing self massage to prepare my repro organs and just feeling good about it. We only have one egg to transfer but that is all it takes. My doc says it looks like a really good one so I hope the thaw goes OK.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:01 am

Very Cool thanks Simone. I would have never figured that out.

Its crazy, I would have definately thought this cycle I did not O had I not been temping. The chart has opened my eyes to alot of things. One, by this chart, I was not BDing at my most optimal times always, but I was convinced I was doing it the right days all the other months off my symptoms alone. If this month does not do the trick next month I will be BDing until I see the 2nd day in temp rise, just to know I covered all my available days. WOW, knowledge is so powerful. Helps take some of the guess work out of it. Now if I can just catch a sticky I will be set. :jump:
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:12 am

shanessa, ok I have to ask..what is a "snow" baby? Frozen embryo that is yours? Sorry, I am new to all this stuff. I SO HOPE this is it for you!! And, I would've been not a happy camper either with dh. Your vent was def warranted!

second, I agree with shanessa. I have heard MANY women on here with no symptoms and bfp's! Plus, with myself and fitblonde it is the cycle that we O'd late that we got that bfp.

Simone, that is SO WONDERFUL about your sil!! CONGRATS to her. You two will have so many experiences to share..just really neat :)!

Jan, so sorry about the horse, glad baby is getting better. Animals are just the best people in my opinion :)!

Missy, Detecting O is so difficult. I am now beginning to beleive it is truly with doing temps that you can only determine it. I'm going to have to resort to that :(. But, maybe it will make it better. Hoping you did O and you just missed it with the testing.

ttc, how are you???

B, where are you in your cycle? CONGRATS on the 21day blooddraw :)!! That is GREAT news!!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi Tiffany - Yup. That is what a snow baby is. I'm told that usually they don't freeze the embryos at "MY AGE" but they transferred 4 my first cycle and 5 the second and they didn't want to risk transferring six so they froze one. I sort of wish they only transferred 4 last cycle and I had two this cycle to double my chances but...

No, not going to entertain any negative thoughts. This is it! I am going to hold onto that thought and go down kicking and screaming. :wink:
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:17 pm

shanessa, YEP that is what you gotta do...NO NEGATIVE thoughts :).
Looking foward to seeing your :bfp:
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s