Magic Cycle

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:39 am

2ndC - Here is what FF has to say about your dip:
The coverline carries no physiological meaning. It is just a visual tool to help you see your ovulation pattern. Whether or not your temperature rises or falls below this line does not necessarily indicate anything significant. Individual temperatures can fluctuate at any time of the cycle, for both hormonal or non-hormonal reasons. A single dropped temperature usually doesn't mean much. You want to look at "the big picture" and see a pattern of temperatures over time. As long as you can see a biphasic pattern and a trend towards elevated temperatures after ovulation, there is no need to worry about a single dropped temperature or two.

So doesn't seem you should worry. :)

Jano - I have had them in my side but not...uh.. extreme south. However, as I go through this journey I am constantly learning more about this ole bod of mine. My fertility masseuse informs me that my utereus and tubes are much lower than I thought - very much due south so maybe yours is doing some stretching and pulling because of a new long term guest. :wink: Thanks for the hugs and good wishes btw.

Tiff - how much sleep did you have b4 waking at 2:30? That is when I would have temped. You could have done it again at 7:24 to see if there was a significant change. FF says: While most women see a difference, some women do not see much dependence of the BBT with time and can live with a variation in time without masking their pattern. For many others even a 10-20 minute difference will have strong effects on their charts. Similarly, some women see an increase of their BBT with time while others may actually see a decrease. Once you temp for 2 or 3 months you should be able to see the pattern specific to you. But like TTC said, temping is a good tool and a good way to learn more about your cycle. Use FF. I was using the free version (up till last month) and it has been very helpful. Good luck with the OB. More info is good info....to obsess over. :wink:

AFM - I am cd18. Tomorrow I go in for my final b/w and u/s in advance of Friday's transfer. Feeling good about it. :D However, in preparation for the trs I started on progesterone supplements and antibioitics this past Sunday. As a result, I already feel like I might be pregnant (frequent urination, sore bbs, gas). I don't know how I am expected to survive 10 whole days before I can get a beta test done. :roll: I am sure by Sunday, I will have myself convinced of a BFP. :wiggle:
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:50 am

Oh, funny little anecdote to share - DH informed me yesterday that he read an article that said women who are ttc should drink more tea.

Really? That's what I've been doing wrong! :omg:

I did my best not to roll my eyes. Instead I gave him a hug and said "Thank you sweetie. I am going to look into that right away!" :wink:
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:51 am

2nd, thanks! I'm going to learn thru you and your new experience with charting.

Shanessa, I guess I would have thought 7:30 due to that being my closer to my normal wake up time. So, it is okay at any point in night if you get four consecutive hours. I need to do some research! I do use the free version on ff but I just use OPK's. I think I'm just trying to wait until Thurs until I get some answers so I can stop obsessing about why I don't have a period.
I'm SO EXCITED for you about this transfer..cmon snow baby MAKE yourself so you can meet your mommy! Meds and side effects are NO FUN!
Oh and that is HILARIOUS about dh and the tea. They really do try :)
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:58 am

tiff - normally I would agree with 7:30 but you said you tossed and turned alot and only got about one hour of sleep from 6:30. As I read your post again though, maybe the 5:40 would have been a good time. This charting business can be more of an art than a science sometimes. I think if you can temp as close to the same time each day (2:30, 5:40 whatever) you will begin to see your pattern evolve.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:14 am

Thanks Shanessa :)!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hoopla » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Second -I have read that a post-O dip about 5 DPO can be an estrogen surge which cools things down. I had one too this cycle at 5 DPO. My temps have been back up the last two days...... Just waiting now.

Tiffany- I definitely have an erratic sleeping pattern too. There are BBT adjustment calculators online which supposedly compensate for an earlier or later temp time. There are just those mornings when I just can’t wait any longer and have to temp early. For me, usually an hour before or hour after my usual time is close enough, but we are all so different. I usually just try to get as close as I can to my usual time. I hope this helps! Good luck temping!

Best Wishes everyone!
M
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:42 am

Morning,

Just checking in on everyone,

Lucky- hoping this is your cycle. Somehow for me at the start of a new cycle, the promise it may bring always makes me full of hope. :D

Hoopla- interesting about the estrogen cool down, I will be interested in seeing if that continues in other months. (of course I am hoping I dont have to do that LOL)

Tiffany and TTC- How are you today??? :D

Shanessa- Thanks for the BBT info, its so new and I am learning all I can about it. For me, the more I know the better I am. I really like to analyze things. Maybe to much if you asked my DH... :)

AFM:.........I think I am getting a stomach bug, I am not feeling real great today, upset stomach, feel like I have a lump in my throat, and woke up this morning burning up. As you can see from my temp. Just dont quite feel right, very sluggish and just in general feel crappy. Since I am only 6 DPO and highly doubt it would be a pregnancy sign... though I wish it was. Timeing for feeling bad is not good right now, I am leaving in the AM for a girls weekend in New York City, so I need to be on my game for a fun filled weekend. Which will be a nice break from my mind with this DPO wait...... :jump:

Still very determined I am not testing early this cycle. I have decided I am waiting until the 24th to test if I have not gotten my AF by then. I just so hate the let down and dont want to keep doing it to myself and every other day no less, at least this way I am full of hope.. I have not done this before so it could be a HUGE let down all at once and I might revert back next month to the 10DPO testing every other day......... I will keep you all posted on how that all goes.......LOL OH the agony from this whole thing......

I will check back in everyone Monday. Have a great weekend everyone.
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:50 am

Lucky, you need progesterone (prometrium) to lengthen that lp and keep that eggie intact and implant. You take it three days after you O until cd28 or cd30. Clomid will help but that is not its intended purpose. I would def ask your doc about it.

2nd, so sorry about yuck feelings. I do hope you can get over it and have a blast and not think about this tww.

afm..cd38 today and still nothing! This crazy cycle is making me crazy :(. Just glad it is the weekend. I will do a preg test tomorrow just because it has been a week and then will wait to see doc on Thursday for some freakin answers!

Have a great weekend ladies.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SimoneTTC » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to pop in and say "hi" and that I have been reading along.

Wow cd38? I would be going out of my mind right now!

Fx for you all
SimoneTTC

Postby earthweave » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Evening all! I've been away for the last 8 days, during which I probably O'd. I say probably, had some EWCM on Aug 12th, 13th, BD'd on 14th and that's it. That's the entire effort put in this month! And I feel quite good about it all. Stood right up and went to bathroom directly BD finished (was at my Dad's house, couldn't bear the thought of leaving any 'evidence' behind, despite the fact that I've been married for 13 years and I'm 43 - pretty sure Dad still likes to think I'm a virgin!)

So I guess I'm probably around 4-5 DPO. But I don't know, and as it's extremely unlikely to have worked, I feel pretty relaxed during this 2 week wait!

It's so lovely to see you all chatting away - none of us know each other, but it's amazing the way we offer each other support and friendship. Guess women have been doing that for thousands of years!

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:32 am

Hi all, work has been crazy so I haven't been able to check in as much as normal.

I am 15DPO so AF should be tomorrow then I start my IUI cycle. I have such mixed feelings probably because I am scared it won't work (as I only get this one chance). I broke down and tested (sorry Jan .. I tried to hold off but the temptation was too great :oops: ) on 12DPO and the test was so stark white I was depressed for the whole weekend (not sure why I do that to myself).

I'm sure I won't be able to contain my excitement so I will walk everyone through my IUI treatment (whether you want to hear it or not! :D )
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hoopla » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:53 am

Hello Ladies,

CD 3. Darn. Very negative HPT last Friday followed by AF Saturday morning. My luteal phase was 9 days this month -longer than the last few cycles, but not long enough -just long enough to get my hopes up! I chickened out on taking the progesterone, but will see my OB this afternoon and will talk to her about it for this cycle. Soooo disappointed. My OH and I have agreed to try until the the end of 2012. Which only leaves this cycle and maybe three others. It is just so depressing.

TTC#2 -seems we had similar weekends. I would absolutely love to hear about your IUI -really hope it goes well for you!

M
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby earthweave » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:44 am

Hoopla - we're in the same boat - I've just turned 44 and we've just decided to stop at the end of this year - just a few short cycles. I'm sorry you are finding it hard. I still can't quite believe we haven't managed to have a second child, and now we are looking at never having a second child - it seems so wrong and I'm not sure I'll ever view my family as 'complete'. But as there's nothing I can do about it I shall just have to count my blessings and be grateful.

I hope you find the strength and comfort you need.

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:10 am

Hoopla and earth, so sorry about your feelings :(. Don't give up hope yet. 2012 is not over...it could happen! It seems to when people give up :).

Earth, cracking me up about the dad visit. I do think they all want to believe we are still virgins :). ENJOY this relaxing tww :).

Hoopla, I do hope you and your OB come to an agreement on the progesterone and it gives you hope and the exact lp you need to get preggos :).

ttc, so looking forward to talking us thru your IUI! I find it EXCITING and with all of your healthy changes..you have a GREAT chance of a bfp :)!!!

afm..cd39 and af FINALLY showed! That was an insane first cycle after stopping bf :shock: . I am so glad af showed though, now I don't have to go to doctor this week. We are starting 100mg Clomid tonight! I am putting everything we have on this cycle. I am VERY HOPEFUL this is the one. It is what it took for Caylee so I am expecting a bfp again. We will see :). I did an FSH test this morning (only because we had one) and it was normal so that is helpful positive information to go into this cycle. If this cycle does not work...not sure what are next steps will be (probably au naturale)...BUT, I am not going to think that way...I am expecting a :bfp: in a few weeks :)!

Hoopla, we are on the same day!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:48 am

Hello all:

Hoopla/Earth - I agree with Tiffany. As soon as you stop looking for it, that BFP will sneak up on you. :omg:

Earth - sounds like you and DH were frolicking like naughty teenagers! :wink:

TTC2 - looking forward to learning the intricate details of an IUI (never had one).

Hoopla - definitely explore progesterone supplements. Can only help.

Tiffany - Congrats :? on the AF. Now you can finally move forward. What a hell to have lived through. But success is just days away! :)

AFM - I had my FET on Friday. It took a bit longer than usual and I think the RE was being especially careful to drop off my one eggie in just the right spot. Of course, the process has left me with another concern. For each of my IVF processes the RE has had difficulty getting into my cervix because there is a little hood/flap...something. It is a souvenir of my fibroid and/or D&C surgeries. Makes me think that this was yet another barrier to DH's sperm reaching the goal (besides convoluted tubes and mild hydrosalpinx).

Took it easy most of the weekend. Was supposed to take DS to Sesame Place on Saturday but it rained (God's way of looking out for this fool b/c I was still going to try to take him even though I couldn't ride on anything, couldn't go in the water and I probably shouldn't be doing too much walking :roll: )

So now I begin my symptom spotting - Had lots of mild cramping on Saturday pm and Sunday. Some mild nausea on Sunday (which improved once I ate). Today: Cramping (even as I type this), mild nausea, lite headness, mild headache, and sleepiness. Had these with AF too so....

My frequent urination has slowed down some but my progesterone levels have also dropped from 40 (Thurs b4 trans) to 27.8 on Sunday. My RE says the levels are excellent but given my m/c history the drop has me concerned. :?

I am feeling really good about this cycle. :) My research has shown that a day 5 frozen transfer should implant within 1-3 days (so by today) and I should be able to test within 5/6 days of the transfer (so by Thurs). Since this was a natural cycle I don't have to worry about left over HCG from trigger shot. My beta is on Sunday but I think I will test on Friday (if I can hold off that long). My AF is due Tue/Wed so we shall see. Just trying to take things one day at a time. 8) Busy week at work so that should help.

How is everyone else starting off this week?
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s