Magic Cycle

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:18 am

Shanessa, WOW!!! SO EXCITED For you!! Being able to test in 5-6days and implanting today...that is AWESOME! So fast, wish all our months were that fast :). Can't wait until Thursday. It is time for another Bfp on here.

Question for everyone....
So, last week (in my depressed state) I considered going to a diet doctor. I even made an appt. I have not been able to lose the 10pounds post baby :(. I called today to cancel and the "aide" told me that the drug "Phenteramine" or "Adipex" increased fertility. I have never heard of such a thing and can't find anything online..has anyone heard or read that? Or know anything about it???? Just curios. I wasn't going to take it because I thought it would hinder fertlity. I know you can't take it once you are pregnant.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi Tiffany:

VERY HAPPY not to have to live through a 2WW for a change.

Regarding your inquiry...I have never heard of them or this tie to fertility. The only thing I found about the drug is that it is chemically related to amphetamines, which is known to increase the risk of miscarriages and birth defects. Therefore, it sounds like something to stay away from if you are ttc. I wouldn't want to take the risk of having any residual amount in my system. Hope this helps.

Besides....you are going to be putting on a few more pounds in the NEAR future so you wont even notice those little 10. :wink:
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:37 pm

shanessa, you are right and sweet too! Thanks! I'm not going to take it. It didn't make any sense to me that it would be harmless for ttc if you can't take it when you get pregnant.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:16 pm

HI Everyone,

Wow, so much to catch up on with everyone..... Lots of good NEWS and VIBES flowing with everyone. :jump: Excellent.

I had an absolutely AWESOME time in New York City. I just love that place. It was just what I needed.

AFM..... I held to my word and did not start my early POAS this month, no need to because AF decided to come 3 days early, UGH, I started yesterday in NYC, go figure. I am still convinced that since I had the acupuncture done my 2 cycles since have been all messed up.....BIG UGH.. (though still to be seen if in the long run this will have helped me)I had a very light period come a couple of days after the acupuncture, then never did get my +OPK this month or EWCM (though my temps say I did O, I have my doubts since the temp change was only .4 difference) then AF on DPO 9. I have NEVER EVER had AF that early before. SOOOOOOO, The "ground hogs day effect" starts all over again for me. LOL :roll:

I was already kind of starting to bum anyway because I have to travel for work again the week of Sept 4 and that was suppose to be my prime BD time. Now since I started early I will be home during my prime time. So there is my silver lining. and now I will continue on now in CD2 with this crazy "renewed" hope. I threw my penny into the big fountain in Central Park and made a wish on Sunday as AF was showing her ugly head. 1 guess what that wish was??? :D

Happy Monday everyone! Talk to you all soon
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby SimoneTTC » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Morning all!

Wow - so many posts since last visit!

SC sorry AF showed up, but you are handling it well and that's a good silver lining.

((Earthweave)) - will you completely stop trying (ie preventing) or will you NTNP the whole thing. Don't feel like your family is not complete - you have been blessed with a beautiful child and a DH - some women never have that.... size is no guarantee of strength and even though there is just the three of you, it is your love and bond that counts. x

LJ - my cousins test the next day was a neg and we think we got a faulty stick. She has been having AF pains as well so think her monthly friend will be here soon. What a shame, but thanks for looking and doing what you did.

Right, well the house is a mess, vacuum is broken so will have to attempt some mcgyver style attempt with a coat hanger to fix the darn thing. Having three long haired dogs does not help things lol!

Watching you all!
SimoneTTC

Postby Janovich » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:02 am

Morning Lovely Ladies... hope you're all facing the day with a smile! :wink:

Flippin' 'erries,...there's so much to catch up on with everyone,...have had a read through the posts and there's so many differeing scenarios going on i can't keep up!! LOL :D

Earth: ... fingers crossed for you the timing was good this cycle..!

TTC: You better blumin' keep us all informed on the impedning IUI Mrs...you hear!?? :wink:

Hoopla: 2012 is not over yet,..but i'm sorry to hear you're a little down,..big hug for you hun...

Tiff - Flippin heck...that was a long and 'out of the ordinary' cycle for you wasn't it. I so hope the clomid does some magic for you this next few weeks or so!

Shanessa - Oooooo,... how good is that being able to test by the end of the week.... ahhhh,..i'm thinking of you and sending you very very sticky thoughts!

Schance - Glad to hear the city was to your liking!,..and yes,..a little bit of something good can do wonders to lift our spirits. Mmmm,..now i do wonder what your wish was!!?...Ha Ha Ha..

Simone - glad you're keeping well and being a busy bee!,..3 long haired dogs will take some looking after!,..but i'm sure they're worth it! :)

Me? - I got my AF on the evening of Thursday 16 Aug (CD27) and she came on pretty heavy for a couple of days (so i'm counting 16 Aug as CD 1 even though it was the evening)...i was lighter towards the end. Only seem to bleed now for 3 days or so really... I reckon my LP is around 12/13 if i did ovulate around day 14/15 so i think i've got a decent LP,... :roll: , it's just so damn hard working it out sometimes!!! LOL

So back on the bike and on CD6 today (Tues 21 Aug). My temps pre ov stay around the 36.5/36.4 mark, so we'll see what happens this month. If i'm ovulating around cd's 13 - 16 there MAY be a chance this month, although i'll be coming back up home before i should be ovulating, so won't be putting much hope on this month to be honest..

I'm not going to be around for a few days after tomorrow morning as i have some time off coming up and will be spending it with my horse and my man,.. looking forward to time out of the office i tell ya...

Good Happy Healthy Sticky Wishes to one and all and i'll be sure to catch up with everyone at the end of this month.
Janovich x
Me: 46
OH: 44
Chemical - January 2013
TTC since Feb 2012, naturally
Temping and watching CM changes when I can!
My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Janovich
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hoopla » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:53 am

Thank you so much for all of the support! It is really nice to get encouraging words from women who truly understand all this TTC in our 40s!

Janovich, Second Chance, Tiffany, sounds like we are all now counting the days until the next big O. Do you all do OPKs?

Tiffany, I agree with Shanessa -what is a little 10 pounds to worry about?? :wink:

Shanessa -Good luck with your transfer! I'll be sending good thoughts your way! Definitely keep us posted on your testing!!

Earthweave -thank you for the kind words and for sharing your thoughts. I hope the next few months bring us each some good news!

AFM, I had my appointment with my fabulous OB yesterday. She is very supportive and specializes in older moms. She told me that the whole progesterone thing is a bit controversial. She believes that if an egg gets fertilized, then it won't matter what type of LP I have because the egg will still do its job and provide the necessary progesterone. That, along with my history of migraine, she doesn't recommend the progesterone for me. So, for now, I am ttc au naturale! She told me to try for a few more months this way as my day 3 and AMH numbers and antral follicle count are good. Then, if we don't get results, she told me to try FSH injections. I really like and trust her -hope this is right!! With 2013 around the corner, we might go to injections a little earlier. Still deciding......

Best wishes to everyone!
M
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:06 am

2nd, you just might get that wish!!! When I got prgenant with Caylee the week before we went to an Indian reservation and I put my hand and dh hands in this "good luck" water. So, you just never know! I never pass one of those type things during the ttc process!

Jan, sorry about af. But, awesome on the normal lp. And YAY on the vaca!!! ENJOY your time with horse and man...sounds wonderful!

Hoopla, it makes such a difference when you trust your provider. I am SO GLAD you have found someone that you trust...WONDERFUL! aunaturale has worked for centuries..hahah :). Oh, and yes I do OPK's..it is all I use. I keep trying the bbt and it just doesn't work for me :(.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SimoneTTC » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:28 am

Awww LJ - it's natural love to get a bit down once in a while. Hope your spirits lift and you have a nice trip.

EOE - :hi:
SimoneTTC

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:12 am

Ok ladies ... I really need your advice on how to handle this situation. A distant relative is pregnant with her second (mind you she is only in her 20's) and she has asked to borrow my DS baby clothes again (for her second child ... she is due in October). Of course I said yes because I know how financially strapped having a baby is and it is the right thing to do.... so her, her husband and DS will be coming by to pick up the clothes and have a visit. Normally I would lean heavily on my DH for support in this matter but he works weeneds and wont be there! This visit (were I am even having anxiety attacks thinking of how much this is going to hurt me) will be an emotional rollercoaster. I have given her the Saturday after my birthday in September as a possible date because I don't think I could handle this visit so close to my 42nd birthday.

How would you handle this? It may be because AF is here and I am over the top with emotions but I am so green with envy I could cry and only you guys know my pain right now ... if I talked to anyone else they would just consider me selfish (which maybe I am)....... :cry:
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby earthweave » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:34 am

OK - so first thing, your feelings are NOT selfish - only actions can be selfish and if you were to tell her to back off and never speak to you ever again, that could be considered selfish (although, I think most of us on here would also find it understandable!).

So - you're not selfish, you're just hurting. Is this something you can share with her? If so, then I would. I've kept my painful baby journey to myself for several years and have recently started to tell people - just so that they can have some sympathy for my feelings and give me a bit of a break!

If you can't share it with her, then you're either going to have to put on a brave face OR - perhaps you could suddenly be busy that day, but able to drop the items off either to another relative or directly to her "on-your-way" to somewhere else (ie. you can't stop, as much as you'd love to!)

Other than that - well, just lots of love to you. You're lovely to let her have the baby items, you're doing the right thing and just try to be as kind to yourself as you can be.

Bx
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hoopla » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:03 am

TTC#2 -I am so sorry you are having to go through this!! You are absolutely not being selfish! I absolutely agree with Earthweave's advice. The last minute cancellation sounds exactly like something I would do. Or maybe you can postpone until your DH can be there with you? You are lovely to let her borrow the clothes (I am not sure that I could do this as I have become rather emotionally tied to my little one's little clothes!!). You are wise to move a visit to after your birthday (I turn 42 on Sept. 25....) -maybe you'll have a new reason not to give her the clothes by then!! :wink:

Hugs to you!
M
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:35 am

TTC#2 - I agree with everyone else. You are entitled to your feelings and there is nothing wrong with wanting a baby so bad. My BFF got married a year after me and got pregnant on her honeymoon...their first time trying! By that time, we had been trying for a year with no results. She told me that she expected me to be pregnant first so I could explain the ropes to her (me too). Hosting her baby shower was the hardest thing I had to do but I sucked it up and acted uber happy for her (which I was) and then cried all night long after. To this day, I have never told her how envious and hurt I was. But I don't think it made me less of a friend. :|

Hoopla - having an OB you feel so comfortable with is a blessing. Especially one that specializes in older moms. You don't get that your time is running out (or done) pressure which is awesome since we put enough pressure on ourselves.

Janovich - Enjoy your horse and man vacation. I am hoping you get an early O so that you bring home a little souvenir! :wink:

2ndC - you were in my neck of the woods. I was born and raised in NYC (Brooklyn) but now live in NJ and work in NYC. Lots of dreams have come true via that fountain. You know NYC only does things in a big way so here's to your future babiieeesss! :)

AFM - I am constipated! :oops: (sorry if tmi). Normally this is not good news, however constipation has been my earliest sign of pregnancy in my non-chemical pregnancies. The flip side of that potential good news is that my temps dropped (98.2 to 97.9) on Tuesday which led to a corresponding sink in my spirits. I tried to convince myself that it was an implantation dip...but I thought I arleady had that on Sunday (dip from 98.2 to 98.0) I am still very crampy (with some odd burning sensations in my sides) which I never get so close before AF. This a.m. my temp was up...slightly (97.9 to 98.0) and I have been feeling so sluggish/fatigued and back to peeing alot. The awful :af: is due today. So of course, I am filled with anxiety everytime I go to the bathroom. I don't know what to think. I HATE THIS! :x This will be the longest day of my life. :cry: I know I said I would test on Friday but if my temp goes up tomorrow, I am definitely POAS in the morning.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:19 am

TTC#2, I agree with all the women's advice. I personally wouldn't have something come up and not be able to meet her, just because I would hate someone to do that to me. I would have to suck it up and tell her while she was there or I would have to have someone else give her the stuff. Or maybe wait until DH (week night) can be with you to do it. She is not due until October so she does have a little more time before she needs it. That is going to be such a hard experience for you and you have to take care of YOU during this difficult time. Your feelings and concerns are very valid but I would def be a little selfish with this decision to make it on your terms.

Shanessa, OH YAY!!! I am hoping you get a temp spike and a BFP in the morning. Consitipation is good and with your signs in past sounds like VERY GOOD for you!!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:42 am

Hi everyone

Lucky- you crack me up. I think we have all been there and done that feeling. Somedays are better than others.

TTC- I like the idea of the last minute cancel leave the stuff on your doorway or go drop it off "because your in a hurry to get to your next appt." LOL.

Shanessa- My fingers are crossed for you, and so much hoping it works for you this time. I just love NYC, I could so live there. LOVE THE ENERGY the city has.

AFM.... my AF seems to be back to my pre acupuncture form, so I am relieved by that. Almost done now and will be in count down mode for O... Nothing else to report today, just trying not to over think everything to much......... :D
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s