Magic Cycle

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:52 am

Thank you all for your advice ... as much as I hate to do it I think I may fall ill that weekend and leave the baby clothes with my parents (who are only 20 minutes away from me) ... I could tell her I do not want to jeopardize her pregnancy or give my "illness" to your DS... oh I'm bad but I don't hink I can deal with this right now. Also, Earthweave, I am not close with her ... she is my dad's cousin's son's wife (LOL) so I see them maybe once every 5 years but they are still family so I can't really talk to her about my feelings and I don't trust she would keep that confidential (so the entire family would know).

On a fabulous note: I went for blood work and my Day 3 vaginal ultrasound this morning at 6:30 a.m. The nurse said my ovaries look great and healthy. The most wonderful news is that she did not have to poke and prod the probe (so it felt like she was looking an my tonsils instead of my ovaries) nor did I have to hold my breath for her to get to my right ovary! This has to be a result of my loosing 26 lbs. I mentioned how easy it was for her to see my right ovary and she was really happy (and forgot the difficult time we had last year seeing it) and said it was definately a step in the right direction!!! Also I am seeing my acupuncturist 2x next week (Tuesday and Friday) as he says next week is the most important week. The nurse also agreed the acupuncture has helped many clients at the clinic. :jump: :jump: I am so happy I could burst! I pray this is our month :praying: Please, please, please

So I continue with the Letrazole (2.5 mg x 2) Day 3 to Day 7 and back for bloodwork and vaginal ultrasounds starting Day 7 (Monday) until I trigger. I'm super excited to find out the additional fertility drugs they put me on probably 75 ml of puregon and 75 ml of Menopur ... I will be a human pin cushion next week (3 needles per day I think ... 2 I give myself in the stomach).
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby earthweave » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:51 am

That IS good news. I didn't realise quite how much weight you had lost - amazing! Good for you - so glad you have seen such encouraging results from your efforts.

Sorry for butting in, but I'd tell as few a lies as possible to your relative - inventing an illness sounds a bit drastic - but I think it's really sensible for you to leave the clothes at your parents, a good move all round.

I really hope this is your month - and that the clothes hand-over is as easy as it can be for you.

Sending you lots of love and hope,

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:55 am

TTC#2- If that works for you then it is absolutely the right decision and the right thing to do! Here's hoping you...ahem..feel better. 8) Great news on the u/s. 26 lbs! :) Awesome! Let the sticking begin!

:noaf2: yet. BBT temp rose (98.0 to 98.2), POAS - :bfn: Beta on Sunday. Maybe I am testing too early?!? Today would make 13 day LP. I always have 11 day LP. I have never done an FET before so I don't know what cycle changes to expect. :dunno:

Feeling a little lite headed and nauseous (dry heaved during a conversation with mom this a.m.), plus feel like something in my throat (my mom said she had that experience when she was preggers with me).
Well, on to the second longest day of my life. :(

Hope the day is shaping up nicely for you ladies.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:25 am

Shanessa91 did your RE tell you when to test? If not, call and ask (for sanity purposes)...

Thank you B for the kind words and never feel like you are butting in (I encourage everyone's opinion it reassures I am doing the right thing or at least not going to hurt others)... as for the illness it really is no big deal see I thought about how I could pull this off without having anyone worry about me ... I work at a hospital and if there is a "bug" floating around (which there usually is incidents of various viruses going around a hospital) I can tell her that I am concerned about her well being and me being on contact with it (which is not a lie ... I am concerned about being in contact with anyone pregnant or babies or elderly although I show no signs or symptoms ... this is what scares me when I go home to my DS ... thats why I change my work clothes and wash my hands as soon as I get in the house)
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:18 am

TTC@ - My beta is on Sunday am, I get the results in the pm. Still no :af: yet. This would make me 3 days late for my normal cycle (and 7dp5dt or 14dpo). I think my temps are rising if I go by the temp I should use per FF (not sleeping much so this throws off the readings). But not like they did with DS. Still crampy (I usually have one day of mild cramps with AF about 3-4 days before she is due - sort of a save the date notice :wink: ) CM is creamy, still mildly nauseaus (get this way with AF too), still have the throat irritation. I thought the 1WW would be much easier - NOT!

I found this NYU medical site that gives some guidance on the 5 day transfer process (http://www.nyufertilitycenter.org/ivf/embryo_transfer). Apparantly when I tested on Thurday, hCG was just starting to enter the blood stream. :roll: It wont be high enough to detect a pregnancy until Sunday (beta day). So either way, I will know something on Sunday afternoon. Tomorrow I am going to Sesame Place with DH and DS (who is 4) and my cousin and her twin boys (who are 4; btw she had them via her third IVF cycle at age 44 using her own eggs!). I won't be able to ride anything or sit in the pool (although I will be wading in upto my knees and getting my splash on - LOL) but I will be able to forget this waiting hell for a few hours. I will be periodically lurking but I will touch base again on Monday/Tuesday.

BTW, sounds like a good plan/solution about the baby clothes. This way no hurt feelings involved.

Board is pretty quiet. Hope everyone else is doing OK???
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:30 am

Just quickly popping in ... got my Day 3 bloodwork results:

FSH = 10 (Fair. Response is between normal and somewhat reduced .. less than 9 is Normal FSH level. Expect a good response to ovarian stimulation )
E2 = 84 (varying normal levels from 75 - 80 on the high side)

both are a tad higher then they should be so I am not sure if that is good or not ..... still I am hoping they are adequate enough to make this IUI our month! :praying:

Can anyone give me some advice?
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:53 am

TTC, I am so glad about your appoinment the other day!!! I'm sorry I do not know anything about those numbers...I do hope you get some information to help you. I'm kinda shocked the doc didn't say anything but I guess with you going so much next week they will tell you then.

shanessa, HAVE FUN getting your splash on!! I am glad you get to not think about it for a few hours. It does sound like 1ww is horrible too!
I can't beleive you are going to make us wait until Mon or Tues with you getting results on Sunday...:(. No AF and everything else you have shared sure sounds like a potential BFP!!!

2nd...normal AF is good thing!!

afm...cd7today. Last day of Clomid tonight. Then start Estradiol tomorrow. Hoping to O next weekend while we are on holiday!! How perfect would that be. So, here is a question for you? I can have an ultrasound on cd12 but I have to pay cash ($284). Yes, they will tell me if there is a good egg or a bad egg. Last cycle I had one and the egg wasn't big enough so I really think I stressed myself out and ended up Oing late and therefore caused the 39day cycle :(. The ultrasound will not change a bfn to a bfp. So, I am thinking of skipping the u/s this time. Dh wants me to. What do ya'll think?
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SimoneTTC » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:39 am

Shanessa! Watching you girlie! FX!

TTC42 - I would just tell her the truth. She'll understand! Any normal person would. I always believe honesty is the best policy.

Tiff - I agree with your DH. Skip it. That is a LOT of money. Just use your opks and DTD. FX for you.

EOE - hello. I am making a new thread entitled Magic Cycle part 2! Original huh?
SimoneTTC

Hello all

Postby kraimkitty » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:32 am

HI Ladies!
My Name is Janet
Can I crash here because I'm freaking out. LOL
Doc gave me a combo of letrazole and estradiol. We have been TTC for about a year with no luck.
19 DPO
CD 32 ( I am never late!)
Temps still high
BFN !

What do you guys think? AM I out?
J
kraimkitty
Friend

Postby Hoopla » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:41 am

Hi Janet,

I am so sorry you are freaking out! I definitely don't think you are out and would re-test again soon! I have heard that meds/hormones can mix up your cycle length.

This site asks groups to start a new link once we've reached 6 pages. I think everyone has moved on to "Magic Cycle part 2" . You may want to repost your message there for more advice.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Good luck!
M
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster