Confused by my clearblue fertility monitor

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Confused by my clearblue fertility monitor

Postby missymoo3 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Hello ladies

Been reading the posts on magic cycle and keeping up to date with everybody. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

I am confused by my body this month and wondering if anyone can shed any light?

Previous to 1st miscarriage (almost a year ago now at age 41) I always ovulated around day 13. Then after the miscarriage it changed to around day 18, sometimes with a short luteal phase, and other times with no ovulation at all. I've been using the cbfm to tell me ovulation dates.

So this month, day 10, its 1 bar only. Today, day 11, I go to test, expecting 1 bar, or the start of several days of 2 bars. But it went straight to the 3 bars and the egg. So it missed out the 2 bars, and ovulation jumped forward to day 12 or 13 again.

The only thing different is that I have been doing weight watchers last couple of weeks, and have been eating super healthily.

I was relieved that I did test today, as I nearly didn't bother, thinking I won't waste a test.

Anyone got any thoughts on this? Does it seem right?
missymoo3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby earthweave » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:10 am

Hello Missy Moo,
I treat my monitor with a pinch of salt - and in fact haven't bothered with it this month at all. I too had later O dates after my miscarriage in March - I guess our bodies are still adjusting, only been 5 cycles even now. The last month I used the monitor, it went from one bar to 3 bars with an egg. And also, for the 3 months that I used the monitor AND CB digi Ovulation kit, they didn't tally up. With digi Ovulation kit I got the smiley face 2 -3 days BEFORE my peak on the CB monitor. When I rang the CB help line first time it happened they said it was because I was only 8 weeks post miscarriage. Didn't bother to ring them the next time it happened or the one after!

So although I can't be of any help at all, I can tell you that I experienced similar!

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hope_4_twins » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:20 am

*lurking*

Missy- I have a Clearblue monitor. It is not uncommon for women to go from low straight to peak. I have been that way for years, I got from low straight to peak.

I use my CBFM all the time as a means of natural family planning.
DH-Married 10 Years!
DD-6
DD2- Baby

1 Samuel 1:27
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
Hope_4_twins
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby missymoo3 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Thanks for your replies Earthweave and hoping for twins, and congratulations on your pregnancy.

Interesting that the same should happen to you, just shows it is not that uncommon. I am 2 or 3 months since 2nd miscarriage so maybe the cbfm people would say the same to me.

i guess next cycle, I'll back it up with the smiley faces too, and just start about day 9.

Earthweave, don't give up on pregancy yet. Maybe you could go with the mindset that it probably won't happen each month, but it COULD happen, so that you are not so absolutely gutted if AF arrives but you don't give up.

I've also wondered if the healthy eating and weight loss has contributed to the earlier ovulation date. It makes me feel that I am doing something positive anyway.
missymoo3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Second_Chance » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:53 am

missymoo- I am beginning to believe that all these things assist us but may not be 100% accurate. I temp and do the OPK. I never did get a Pos O test last month but by my temps they show I did O but I never had my normal O pain or any EWCM either, which I always have. I say this because in my gut I do not think I Oed at all last month, and I chalk it all up to a off cycle just after having my 1st ever acupuncture, so I believe that messed with my cycle. This is all kind of new to me, just 4 months in so I am trying to disect it all and see if it will tell me a story. :D Seems like the more I do the more confusing it all is.
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC in our 40s