Magic Cycle part 2 - all welcome

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Magic Cycle part 2 - all welcome

Postby SimoneTTC » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:40 am

Continuation of previous thread!
SimoneTTC

Postby tiffanynp » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:44 am

Simone...hi:)!!! Thanks for your advice. It is just always nice to hear someone else say what you need to hear to be strong in a decision :)!

Thanks for starting a new thread!

Re "original"...hey, we got TWO bfp on that magic cycle thread...sounds smart to stick with it ;)
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SimoneTTC » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:16 am

Ladies - where are we all?
SimoneTTC

Postby earthweave » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:17 pm

AF arrived. So depressing.
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:23 pm

So sorry b:( :(! Hugs to you dear!!

Lucky, beautiful pic!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:19 am

Day 7: went to clinic for blood work and ultrasound and meds .... they got me on 150 ml puregon (self injecting) + 75 ml Menopur (self injecting). My follicles are: left 1.4 + 1.5 and right 1.2... although on Day 3 there was no problem seeing my right ovary she had problems seeing it today! I am so depressed ... I got pregnant with my DS with two 1.8 follicles on my right (mind you my FSH was 7! this cycle it is 10) ... I'm convinced my right ovary produces the "healthier eggs" so I hope they catch up ... When I had my miscarriage my right ovary was dominant than too and everytime my left ovary is dominant I did not get pregnant. Mind you I did have a cycle where my right was dominant which didn't result in a pregnancy....

OMG I'm going to drive myself (and you guys along with me) crazy this cycle. I apologize in advance for my behaviour! :thanx:
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:50 am

Hello ladies:

TTC2 - we have all been through craziness that is why we are here so no worries.

Tiff - Definitely hold onto the funds.

AFM - took my beta on Sunday am. Got the results in the afternoon while at the park with DS sitting on a bench next to five late twenty/early thirty y/o moms discussing when they would have their next child and who would get pregnant first. Made me want to scream that they were so fertile they could make games of it. :x So in that supportive environment, my result was - :bfn: :cry: (sorry for the delay tiff, I needed to come to terms with it for myself first) My progesterone level was only 3.5. I am, of course, completely confused :? , but not surprised. I mentioned b4 that since it didn't work with 5 and 4 transferred I didn't have a lot of hope for just the one but I went in with a positive, upbeat but cautious attitude. My temps are up (even this a.m.) which I don't understand if my progesterone levels are so low (even with supplementation). Still no :af: but I guess that will change sooner or later. The most hopeful thing was that my chart was suspciously similar to my chart for my DS. Anyway.... This cycle will run its course.

I think we are done with assisted pregnancies. DH has never been a fan and honestly it takes so much out of me and is such a huge time committment. And then there is the guilt that the process takes me away from spending quality time with DS. I live in NJ, my RE is in NYC (where I also work). Takes me 1.5 hours to get there in the a.m. for monitoring (which means I don't see DS b4 I leave) but it is the only convenient way for me to still get to work on time.

I have decided to work on improving my fertility to the best of my ability (natural fertility cleanse, maca root and continued supplements, not sure about accupuncture yet) and then just let nature take its course.

I have to start to begin to accept that I may only have the one and be OK with that. DS is the light of my life and somehow I have to make that enough.

I want to thank you ladies for accepting me into your circle and letting me share my saga with you. :( I may continue to post or I may revert back to lurking. I am just so down right now (which is not my personality) I just need time to regroup. I am not sure I can be a positive support right now. I'm sure you gals understand. Much luck to all you in your individual pursuits.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:38 am

Shanessa...I am going to cuss here for you...because I am MAD for you! I know you are down but i am mad at this circumstance for you :(. DAMMIT, DAMMIT, DAMMIT!!! I thought about you this morning on the way to work (excited to hear from you) and now I am mad and sad :(. I am so sorry. DS is a true blessing and if she is the one (only one) that is okay too. Totally understand your decision on natural and taking time off from here. That is a very normal and acceptable response. We do care for you and am sad with you. Still hoping you do get your natural bfp soon. I wish I could give you a big hug. I do def agree if "down" is not your personality...you need a break and some acceptance of life as is before moving on...that is just what I would have to do :). HUGS!!

TTC, you are only on day 7 with very GOOD size follicles (two and possibly three) on day 7. ALL of those foolicles are going to grow 1-2mm a day. I think you have a GREAT chance. Don't you? Or am I missing something because I don't know much about IUI? You aren't going to drive us crazy. Sometimes I think focusing on others helps us not think about our own ttc stuff so much (or at leat for a few moments...haha).

B, I thought about you this morning too....if you are truly going to stop in 2013...maybe you should give it ALL YOU HAVE for the next three months. I know you have become less active (not temping, no opk's etc); so maybe for the next three months you should pick all that up again or try something new (the old saying, if you continue to do what you've always done you will still get the same results). Just to say in 2013 that you gave it all you had and can be pleased with yourself without regret. My fear would be once I threw in the towel, I would sit there and think..."well, maybe I should I have really charted better, went up on a dose of Clomid or something". I don't know, just my thoughts for you. I hope this doesn't come off as weird or trying to tell you what to do...I was just thinking about you and how I would feel with 2013 being around the corner. I was just thinking of how I would get myself prepared and happy with that decision. HUGS to you too again today!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:52 am

Day 8 update ... to the clinic for my blood work and ultrasound .. feeling better today as there was no problem seeing my right ovary :jump: my follicles are developing in abundance and wonderfully (I'm so excited): Left 1.8 + 1.5 and Right 1.6 + 1.4 ... the real test will be if tomorrows results continue to show growth of 0.1 - 0.2 per day (normal). With injectables it is normal for me to have a lot of follicles .... I just need one to stick this time.

I will be having the IUI sometime this weekend for sure! My blodwork came back yesterday (Day 7) as E2 162 (was 84 Day 3 - so it is doubling so that is a good sign) and LH is 7 (going to do some research to see if this is normal)
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:41 am

WONDERFUL news ttc#2!!! Hopeful for you. We will be around same dpo then. I am supposed to O soon this weekend :)!! We can count down together :)
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:53 am

Hi everyone,

sorry I have been away a few days, work and life have been crazy. I think I have gotten caught up on everyone. Sounds like we have some exciting stuff in the works.

Jules- excellent pic, reminds me to stop with my own life sometimes and just take all my surroundings in.... :D

Earthweave- so sorry, I can certainly relate, month after month after month. Try not to be to hard on yourself the stress wont help you know. Hugs to you.

TTC- your doing all the right things, you never know. Maybe changing it up will do the trick and wake that side up. This could be the month for you.

Tiff- Dont spend the money. Just my Opp. :D

Simone- how are you feeling, are you starting to get a belly? So exciting

Shanessa- I actually cried when I read your post. I think its a post we can all see ourselves in. I was so hoping this would work for you. Please try and stay positive you just never know. My best friend was told she could not get preg on her own and had IVF and had twins and then 7 years later poof a miracle showed up. Point is she had given up that she was done and never having anymore kids. Only you can know what is right for you. I hope you can take a bit of comfort in knowing even though we are all basically strangers we are all thinking of you and trying to uplift you and in our own unique ways going thru the same things you are. BIG HUGS TO YOU.

AFM- not a ton of update on me, other than, again, I am in ground hogs day mode...... had 4 days of the exact same AM temp. Is that weird or can it be possible for that to happen? and I think my temps seem low, what do you all think? (see my chart below)...... I actually temped 2-3 times the last couple of days at diff times throughout the day just to make sure the thermo was not broken. I am on DPO 10, starting to have some O pain now, have been BD like crazy the last 3 nights since DH is having foot surgery tomorrow and unsure how long he is going to be down for the count. So I am probably out this month, unless he can pull off a miracle and be back to BD within a couple of days. I am already prepping him for that......LOL.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day. Happy O or Happy BFP to you all.

H
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hoopla » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:42 am

Hello Ladies!

Shanessa, I completely understand -it can be just so frustrating and heartbreaking. The RE stuff can really take on a life of its own and before you know it you find yourself without really having a life. I think you are very wise to just step back for a bit and focus on other things -like your little darling! Hopefully you will get a chance to just breathe for a little while. Sending you lots of hugs. Check in when you are ready -you know you'll find a lot of support here.

TTC#2 -I hope your IUI goes well this weekend! Please keep us posted. Sounds like your numbers are good!

Second Chance -I have definitely had that repeating temp thing. My temps have been really funky this cycle. One day 98.2 (way above my normal cover line) and the next day 97.2 (way below normal for pre-O).

AFM, CD 11. No signs of impending O. Hoping the CM comes soon. My O has been late for a few cycles. Would be nice if it would show up soon! Maybe this weekend? Just waiting......

M
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:55 am

Second...hoping you catch that O before the DH surgery. I don't temp so I can't help with that sorry. But, I do know sperm can live for up to 5days..so I would def keep the bd going :).

Hoopla, we are on same day. My cm is watery...that is usually good sign for me. I should get a pos OPK on thursday (cd13) and friday (cd14). O day should be friday for me!! Then onto tww!! Hoping you are right there with me or right behind me ;)!

Gosh, ladies I am so excited about this next week. I only have to work one day next week!!! WHOO HOO!

Little sad...my gf (met her in lamaze) text me this mornign to tell me she is preg. She just had her IUD out two weeks ago and they only bd once ...arrgghh. Her dh is 44 and she is 37. Man, I am jealous!! I am happy for her but jealous too!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:35 am

Before I provide an update on my boring numbers lol (this is the only place I can truly share, get excited and cry all in the same week and not be committed to a mental institution) ... I understand how you feel shanessa91 .. seeing a RE using all the fertility drugs is not only expensive but definately disturbes your family life ... When our RE stopped our treatments my DH was relived at first as he said that the treatments consumed me emotionally and physically. But when my DH seen all the changes I made to make this pregnancy happen he insisted we go back to our RE (pffft men).

If this IUI doesn't work and the RE will only continue with IVF treatments, I will have to do a lot of soul searching .. it took us 6 years to have our DS and perhaps he will be the only blessing we will receive. Although I have always dreamed of having a large family (I really wanted a minimum of 4 children) our DS has been a gift and I will always love and cherish every moment I get to spend with him.

Alert now the boring numbers:
Day 8 blood work was E2 260, LH 4 (I was told it is normal for this to flutuate) and ET 0.54
Day 9 (today) follicles: Left 2.3 + 1.8 Right 2.0 + 1.6 + 1.6
As my follicles are really growing I asked the RE if we would be doing the IUI before the weekend and I was told my lining still needs to thicken so the IUI would probably be Saturday or Sunday but tomorrow's appt will dictate this :? I figure I will trigger either tomorrow or Friday ....
As usual I will keep everyone posted lol
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:19 am

WOW ttc...those follicles are looking FABOULOUS!!!! Man, do you have a great shot!! So, is their a difference in this IUI cycle then in the last??
Fingers crossed for you dear!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to TTC in our 40s