Magic Cycle part 2 - all welcome

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:10 am

Hello ladies:

I'm here. As the saying goes, You can't keep a good woman down! :D

Let me first say how much it means to me to read all of your encouraging words. It really, really touched me. I tend to keep a lot inside but I find myself pouring out my feelings here (cathartic I guess) and to recieve such affection back is truly a blessing - so thank you!

Tiff and Hoopla - many, many hugs to you. You made me cry all over again...but with a smile on my face. Probably looked like some sort of crazy loon. :roll:

So let me try to catch up with you ladies:

B: not that you asked for my two cents, but in this economy I am giving it away for free. 8) I agree with Tiff. If you are going to make the next few months your last efforts then go all out! No holds barred...and no regrets. :)

2nd: I pray that all that advance BDing pays off. I am sure some of those little swimmers were just hanging out waiting for that good eggie to float on by. :jump:

Hoopla: Again, thank you for your kind words and understanding. I swear this baby making thing is like an emotional comedy. First you get :af: who nobody really wants but she is a necessary evil to get the ball rolling. Then you wait and wait for that O time to show up. Then you shag like crazy for a few days and then you are back to waiting again...with the added craziness of tyring to figure out if every creak in the old bod is a sign of pregnancy. Am I feeling gassy...OMG could I be pregnant (yeah, or maybe that ginormous burrito we had for lunch) :roll: I swear nobody "knows" their body better or can find more "symptoms" than a ttc woman! There should be a degree in this...or at least a certificate program.

Tiff - One day of work! Lucky you! As for your friend...Keep your head up. It is OK to be happy for your friend and sad for yourself. I dealt with that when I was ttc my son for four years and my bff turned up pregnant the first time she tried and I had to throw her baby shower. I smiled so hard through that day I must have looked like the Joker. Cried all night though. Almost exactly a year after, we conceived DS. :D

TTC2: Thank you for your understanding. I wanted three also but definitely would be happy with two. In time I will also be happy with one if it comes to that. I believe God has a plan for all of us and I just have to be patient to see what His is for me. Took 4 years with DS, maybe it was meant to take 4 years with the next one. We started ttc#2 in Dec 2008 (though we took off 2011) so technically we have only been trying for 3 years this December. I am keeping hope alive! Your numbers look AWESOME! I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't end up with twins! Then you would have three at least. That is my DHs worst nightmare (my mom is a twin and DS was born with two placentas so maybe a vanishing twin).

AFM: the :af: made a grand appearance. I am on CD2 now. We are completely au naturale now. DH has been so supportive, checking in on me to see if I am OK during the day. Cuddling and talking at night. He can be a sweetie (catch me in a coupla months and I might not be singing his praises - LOL)

I don't know if we will try this month since DH has a medical issue to pursue. Gives me a chance to focus on strengthening my fertility and self. I am doing a fertility cleanse this month and then planning to add some new supplements to my repertoire (sp) such as maca root (in addition to the royal jelly, CoQ10, red rasberry leaf tea and Vitamin B complex). I am also joining my company gym. Soon I will be a sexy hot, fertile mama....of two! :omg:
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:36 am

Shanessa, so glad to hear from you! Love you! Sweet, sweet words. Glad you are moving forward to hot sexy fertile momma zone!!
A month off is not a bad thing!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janovich » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:20 am

Morning Ladies... :)

Gosh,...so much to catch up on, i've only been away from the pooter a week and there is so much to take in and read about you all,..my minds in a whirl...!

TTC....I have absolutely no experience of what you're going through at all,..but if you say your numbers are good,..then that's good enough for me.. :wink: ,... ahhh,...can't wait to catch up with you next week hun..xx

Shanessa -.. you are a lovely strong and courageous lady with an awesome outlook on life itself and i admire you my lovely... au naturel is how i'm doing it too,..so let's see how it goes together eh?! :)

Hoopla and Tiff - here's hoping you two catch that egg and let the little swimmers in,..fingers crossed for you both.. :D

Simone - How are you doing??

Earthweave - ugghh... sorry for the AF visit... i know it gets to you (it gets to us all),..and sometimes there's nothing we can do or say to make it feel any better hun,..but you're not without friends and support and a shoulder to lean on when it does,..xx

Second Chance - I so know how it feels to be approaching the fertile window and realise that there's a possiblity of missing it this month,,..but one BD is better than nothing if you can,.. hope hubby gets back up on his feet (ha ha ) soon enough...xx

Jules,... what a bootiful pic,...ahhh.. don't you just love moments captured on camera like that?!! :D . That's why i love the country so much too,...all the smells and gorgeous colours and views of the green rolling hills and the sounds of the country....love it.. :)

Me?... Well my horse is getting back to being sound again (that means he's not limping anymore!)... so i'm happy we're back on the right track there. Had to cut my visit to my OH short and divide it up between tending to my horse and going to visit,..but there you go,..that's animals for ya... but he's part of the family, so needs must.

I don't know where the hell i am from an ovulation point of view..! LOL. My temp dropped on CD9 last Friday (24th) to 36.2 from the previous day's 36.5 and then i haven't a clue what it did coz i didn't temps over the long weekend while at the farm,! I did actually get a temp reading on CD13 of 36.1 on Tues morning but i'd been up and around so not a true one really... but had a build up of alot of ewcm so it was happening! Only BD'd once on sunday (26th), so i'm not gonna get excited this month.

It was so hard to BD for us both at the moment too, as OH is mad busy on the farm and so dog tired (has been for weeks) and i'm not exactly 'raring to go' at the end of a working day on the farm!!!,..as soon as our heads hit the pillow,..we're pretty much out of it!

So,...no real temp pattern to follow this month for me,..so i'll just be waiting for 'calamity jane' week to appear and see what's what! Saying that, it coming up combining/harvesting season soon (if this bloody british weather will just stabilise for a few days!!!),...so he's gonna be even more busy...and more tired,...and more under pressure!! Heh Ho,.. that's farming life for ya. Wish we'd both met each other 10 years ago, but there you go,..

Love to you all,..will try and keep up with everyone and everything now i'm back... :D

Jxxx
Janovich x
Me: 46
OH: 44
Chemical - January 2013
TTC since Feb 2012, naturally
Temping and watching CM changes when I can!
My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Janovich
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:21 am

Shanessa, so glad to hear such encouraging words from you ... it is hard, depressing, and yet as women we do not let that stop us from making our family the best it could possibly be even with the sacrifices we make. It is so hard to hear of women who just get pregnant after 1-2 months of trying but the way I look at it the TTC journey for our DS made me and my DH more appreciative, patient and thankful for our child and in the end, make us better parents.

Jan, sweetie ... I've missed you ... perhaps having a cycle not under the microscope will be a nice break for you and your OH ... if you do get a chance to BD you never know what the result could be ... stranger things have happened.

AFM ... my numbers today look fabulous but I am going back tomorrow to let my lining thicken up a little more:
Day 9 bloodwork: E2 635, LH 3 my lining yesterday was 0.63
Day 10 (today): Right follicles: 2.4 + 1.8 + 1.7 :jump:
Left follicles: 2.6 + 2.2 + 1.0 :jump:

So tomorrow my RE will confirm but it looks like I will go for the IUI on Sunday ... I'm excited, nervous and scared as heck all at once :?
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hoopla » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:37 am

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick check in before work.....

Tiffany -We are on the same day! My CM is starting to thicken and we've started the BDing. My OB recommends every other day during this phase -of course, we tend to kick it into high gear after I get the postive OPK. I am thinking that will be today sometime. Have you gotten your positive OPK yet? Good luck to you! Hoping this is the month for both of us!!

Shanessa, I am so impressed with your positive attitude!! And BTW, the "crazy loon" look is very in vogue while TTC! Best wishes to you!

Janovich - A bit of distraction can really be a good thing! You just never know -it only takes one BD!

TTC#2 -good luck on Sunday! Fingers crossed for you!! Things are looking positive!!

Has anyone gotten their AMH (anti-mullerian hormone) level tested? I think it is a newer test and can be a better indicator of the good old biological clock than the day 3 hormone tests. Just thought I'd mention it.....

Best wishes to all of you!!
M
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:11 am

Pity party here...clomid I'm sure:(! Vent needed :)
Life was great before ttc or maybe before 40. 
Bday month I have chemic bfp. July I am in boot and have 39 day cycle :( this month no pos OPK on cd13..lightest I've ever seen it :(. Dh doesn't want to have sex until pos OPK because he wants a boy! I don't want to feel guilty if we do have sex now & it's a girl & I get a pos OPK in a couple of days.
There is just so much pressure this time. I hate it! & I'm pissed that I'm taking drugs that don't seem to be working. This is the last month I can get preg & have baby before I turn 41. I really wanted my 41st bday to be "mine" going forward back to "me"!
I think I'm done with drugs after this cycle. I just can't do this. I'm crying like a baby & it's stupid because my life is pretty great!
Oh yeah, my gf who I met in lamaze is preg. They are our same age and only tried ONCE! We are going to her house on sat for a party! 
Good thing I have today off work, I think I need a meltdown!
Dh and I have fought more this last two months then any other time in our marriage :(. I'm really scared if I give up in drugs then I'm giving up :(.
Sorry to vent and not acknowledge others at the moment but I will come back and read updates after I have cried this out!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:57 am

Oh Tiff, hun, :hugs: :hugs: Just let it all out. Better out than in I say (or does that just apply to gas? :D).
First, there is absolutely no guarantee that if you wait to BD until you get a dark OPK that it will be a boy, could still be a girlie sperm beats out the boy sperm. So encourage DH to get it on anyway. Second, DON'T fixate on your age. I know it is cliche but you are 40 and FABULOUS. No matter when you get your second you will be the perfect age! Age is just a number on a calendar, a way for us to keep up with the passing of time. Doesn't make you any less wonderful a person...or a mom! This ttc thing can take a toll on a marriage, can't it. But it is just a phase. It will pass. Just believe in yourself and remember what is important to you both (your family) and you will get through this. I can't advise you on the drugs. That has to be a personal call. I have opted out and pray it is the right course for me but I know God hasn't let me down yet. HE has provided everything I ever wanted...maybe not in the time frame I would prefer but the end result is the same and HE will provide again..in time. Just have to dig deep and find the patience within. :) Vent anytime you feel the need to do so!

Hoopla - thanks for the compliment. I have no idea about AMH. Maybe I can get my OB to test mine at my next visit.

TTC2 - looking good. Much luck to you on Sunday.

Janovich - welcome back! Thank you for the lovely compliments. Great news about the horse. Not so great about the work season approaching. :| Well it only takes one time (I know, happened with DS) so don't count yourself out. But wont it be nice NOT to obsess for one cycle at least. :wink:

AFM - absolutely NOTHING to report. Just loving CD#3 - NOT! Trying to distract myself from a presentation (my absolutely least favorite thing) I have to make in 39 minutes (no, I am not stressing). Ho hum!

Good day ladies!
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:28 am

Tiff - I feel for you, I really do ... fertility drugs (I heard Clomid especially makes you so emotional ... my gf was on it for a while and she said she knew how it felt to be bipolar - happy one minute and crying the next) along with the emotional ups and downs of TTC and being 40 all at once makes it so difficult. Like Shanessa91 says, let it out ... no one here will judge you as a matter of fact they will embrace you and help you through this ... I know they all have helped me so much when I thought I was honestly going off the deep end.... If I may suggest something ... perhaps for a cycle or two try Letrazole/Femara ... although this drug is not meant for fertility treatments it is used by a lot of REs ... it is easier on your body .. you don't have the emotional rollercoaster, you don't have the vaginal dryness and it disappears from your system before you even O (I took days 3 to 7) so there is no harmful effects to your eggs or sticky one and it doesn't effect your lining either!

Hoopla, I had my AMH done in December came back 1.1 (a little on the higher side but still normal). Although this is mostly done before IVF treatments to see how you would respond to the fertility drugs. ... at least that was what I was told
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:22 am

HI Everyone

Hoopla- I am in the same boat as you, still waiting for O, on CD 12 now. Oh where Oh where is O...... :blah: Thanks for the AMH info, I have my Dr appt in Sept and added this to my list of tests to ask to be done.

Tiffany- vent all you want, we are hear to listen and support you. PLUS WE ARE FREE..LOL. Noone understands better than us. Also, my sister just had baby #2, and they were trying for a boy, Shanessa is right, they only BDed at the sign of Pos O test and the girl sperm arrived 1st and they had another girl.

TTC- I am so excited for you. Sunday will be your day, I just have this feeling things are lining up right for you. We are due for another BFP in the group :D

Shanessa- So gald you are sticking around. What is a fertility cleanse?

Jan- Glad to have you back, hope you enjoyed your time away. I to seem to be having the crazy temp pattern this month. Frustrating, just when you think you might see a picture forming it all falls apart and makes it more confusing.

AFM............ Seriously.....where do I start, 1st- DH had his foot surgery yesterday and all went well, he felt great afterwards (of course still numb) I brought him home and ran back out to get his script for the pain med, I arrive back home and he has his lap top out and is working and let his ice pack on his foot dethaw and got so engrossed in work that he didnt realize he was in pain. :shock: :x So it took me until last night to get his pain under control, the one thing I stressed to him, dont let the pain get on top of you because we will struggle to regain control over it. MEN.......

2nd- I am kind of in a funk right now with this one, DH has not been sleeping well (nothing new its been this way for yrs) and has been complaining of feeling VERY fatigued. So he has a blood test done at his Dr and it comes back that his testosterone is VERY LOW, like 250, and normal is 300-900.... and he follows that up to me by saying he told the Dr we were trying to get pregnant and would that effect this and Dr says no. :o So I go online and start researching it, not from a fertifility stand point but from a how to manage, what to do stand point only to read over and over again that low testosterone can cause fertility trouble. So now I am feeling sad and hopeless.... Do any of you know if low testosterone does cause fertility issues in males? How can I fix this? Can it even be fixed? UGH...... So discouraged at the moment. Dr wants him to heal from this surgery and then they will address this....
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:43 pm

2nd chance - I don't know too much about testerone but I do know low is not good for fertility. As you know, I am embracing this whole natural approach to fertility now. I came across this site which proports all kinds of ways to get your fertility back on track.

I attach the link that they have for male fertility (http://natural-fertility-info.com/mens-fertility). Here is an excerpt that is written there:

There are pollutants that “mimic” estrogens (xenohormones) in the body which means less testosterone. Excess estrogen in men produces erectile dysfunction, low/lack libido, low sperm count, and lowered production of seminal fluid.

The fertility cleanse is also sourced from this site (http://natural-fertility-info.com/prepa ... conception). Basically "a fertility cleanse encourages the liver to cleanse the body of toxins and excess hormones. It also supports the uterus to cleanse itself of old stagnant blood and increases circulation to the uterus while tonifying the uterine tissues." Both men and women can do it (but somehow I don't see my DH getting on board :roll: ).

Hope your DH is back on his feet (no pun intended) and pain free soon! BTW, thanks for your feedback on the softcup in the other thread. :oops:

Tiff - you doing OK?
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Shanessa, I'm doing ok. Taking a me day! Went to gym, got mani-pedi and now home. Still didn't lift my mood too much..I think it is the clomid. I should be better tomorrow! I usually only allow myself 24hours for a pity party.

Talk with you girls tomorrow. Thanks for all your support :)!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:55 am

Hi all ... here's my numbers:
Day 10 bloodwork (yesterday): E2 1138 + LH 4 Lining (ET) 0.73
Day 11 (today) ET 0.91 Left Follicles 2.9 + 2.5 +1.5 Right Follicles 2.5 +2.2 + 2.0 tonight I trigger (Ovidrel) at 8:30 PM :jump: :jump:

IUI scheduled for Sunday at 9:45 a.m. :omg:

I will ask everyone to say a little prayer for me as this is probably the last assisted treatment we will get .... :praying:

I am scared, anxious and excited all at one..... please, please, please let this be our month.

Thank you all for listening to me babble about my numbers and experience.. you ladies are the only people who understand what I am going through and I appreciate everyone of you.
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:05 am

TTC :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Tiff - me days are always good for you even if you can't feel good about it at first. :)

CD4 - :af: is about to head out of town Hope I don't see her again for.. oh 10 months or so. :D
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:34 am

TTC#2, so HOPEFUL for you on Sunday! Man, all of your follicles sound GREAT!!! There is just no way one or two of them won't hit...I would think :)! I will say a special prayer for you right at 9:45am here on Sunday (don't know what time zone you are in???).

Lucky, whoo hoo on symptom watch..at least there is a long weekend to make time go by faster :).

Shanessa, enjoy your time away.

Second, I don't know anything about testosterone except that men can take perscribed supplements but YOU def don't want it to be low. They kind of feel down and out a lot :(. Like a depression. I would also assume it would affect fertility..I don't know how it couldn't. I would suggest getting it fixed as soon as possible. On a brighter note...sounds liek you two can do the bd once you get your pos opk. I'm thinking as long as one good sperm get in there you can def make a baby, low testosterone or not. Gotta try!

Hoopla, no pos opk yet here. You??? I hadn't heard of AMH before..need to read about it. Thanks for tip.

afm...feeling better today. It's FRIDAY!!! And, we did bd this morning. And, my opk seems to be getting darker..not sure yet. Will know tomorrow to compare. I'm just going to test everyday. Dh agreed we should just bd this whole weekend just in case. I think he really felt bad after yesterday.

Second, thanks for story about your sister..I told dh that! It may have helped too :)

Love you girls...have a GREAT holiday weekend :)!!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Janovich » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:41 am

ooo ooo oooo...lots of prayers coming your way TTC,..xxxx... and an extra special one at 9.45am on Sunday too.....xxxx

Will catch up with everyone next week now and the weekend is round the corner!

Love to All...

Jxxx
Janovich x
Me: 46
OH: 44
Chemical - January 2013
TTC since Feb 2012, naturally
Temping and watching CM changes when I can!
My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Janovich
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s