Magic Cycle part 2 - all welcome

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby shanessa91 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:20 am

Hi ladies - posted over in the 2WW thread but.... on CD14 and just waiting for :af: . O'd on Saturday (double surge so maybe two eggs released) but no BDing this cycle.

DH is following up on his medical issues (I made him some doc appts this week and last) so I am hopeful that he will be OK soon. :) Sometimes I think the not knowing what could be happening is the worst. He is taking care of the least troubling issue (turns out he just needed an antibiotic) but we still need to find out what is going on with the kidney cyst. I have been giving him lots of TLC which is nice for both of us. :)
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:55 am

Shanessa, so sorry about Dh but glad at least one thing is better. Hoping you get the other stuff resolved soon. And YAY on the TLC being good for both of you..that is always nice!

afm...8dp0...bfn! I still have cramping, boob stuff, and loads of cm. So, we shall see. If it remians a bfn...this cramping is just a mean, mean thing!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:26 am

HI everyone,

Popping in to say a quick Hi and try to catch up on how everyone is doing. Last week was a crazy week, DH still recovering from his surgery plus I had to travel for work most of the week. Finally back home and trying to get back into my groove. Again this month I am having a weird month, by my chart I dont see where I have O'ed yet (today is CD 23), did not get a smily face on my OPT and my temps dont show a rise..... UGH. Not that it matters, wasnt able to BD anyway since the surgery, so another month down for me.... :( I am beginning to think my age is catching up with me (43), I have always been like clock work, but the last 3 months my cycles are all over the place. My Dr. appt was suppose to be this week but Dr is OOT and it got rescheduled for next month. Sorry to be a debbie downer, just so frustrated. Hopefully everything will regulate and get back on track this next cycle.

XOXO to everyone

H
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Janovich » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:14 am

Morning Ladies...

Been reading the posts and trying to catch up with where everyone is!

LJ - I'm so gutted for you my lovely... :( ,... at least you had a chance this cycle (unlike me)..

Tiff - I'll keep everything crossed for you that you get that positive in few days time... :wink:

Shanessa - I hope your hubby is doing OK,..like you we''ve not bd'd this month very much due to OH being busy harvesting and me not going down to the farm on the weekend i did ovulate...

Second C - HOpe your Hubby is on the mend.. and it sucks when travelling for work sometimes, especially when you want to be at home at certain times. I too didn't ovulate til late this month (cd19 for me and i'm usually around cd13-15), so that buggered things up for me.

TTC - How are you fairing sweetie?? You are so so lucky to have your son in your life..xx

Me? - Well there's been no chance of anything this month as my Farmer OH has been knackered and had so so much to do on the farm with harvesting the corn and baling while the sun was out.. he's still battling on now it's turned here in the UK. He's so tired at the end of the day, when he calls me of an evening, half the phone call is him yawning..! And as love 'getting sexy' under the sheets??... Ha ,..that's a laugh,...absolutely dead to the World and gone as soon as his head hits the pillow. That's farming,..but it's been a particularly rough year this time as the weather has been so horrendous with all the rain we've had in our so called 'summer months'.. Not sure he's even into the baby making anymore to be honest and everything else seems to be such a priority and i haven't the heart at the moment to talk to him about it as his day to day life is manic...

Love to all i haven't mentioned above...have been off line for a bit, but will do my best to catch up with things now!

Oh, and i've joined FF so my chart's below!
Jxx

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3cf2b8
Janovich x
Me: 46
OH: 44
Chemical - January 2013
TTC since Feb 2012, naturally
Temping and watching CM changes when I can!
My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Janovich
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:58 am

Jan, glad you are back. I am sorry about Dh being so busy. That frustrating and exhausting work thing for our dh's can really mess with ttc. I can relate :(. My dh work is really stressful and it totally affects EVERYTHING :(.

Second, sorry about your erractic cycles adn your missed opportunity :(. Traveling and screwy cycles are not fun when ttc. Your frustration is understood and warranted. Hoping you do get back on track real soon!

afm..crap I hate to be the debbie downer here :(. My evening 8dpo was bfn and my 9dpo fmu was bfn. My symptoms seem to have kind of gone away too :(. I am totally expecting a bfn. But, if that is what is coming there is nothing I can do about it except accept it and keep going. More bad news :(. My stepdad does have colon cancer with spots in his lungs and liver. UGH :(. Pretty bad news yesterday. Now, he goes forward with pet scan this week (determines if cancer anywhere else) and then sees doc next Monday for plan. Probably will include two surgeries and chemo. He is not a pleasant man and will not handle this well at all. Just SUCKS...I don't know if I can handle anymore bad news this week!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hoopla » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:17 am

Hello Ladies,

Well, day before yesterday my temp dropped and I knew that the witch was on her broomstick heading my way. But then yesterday, my temp went back up. Of course, I tested and had the faintest BFP! Now, because I had that chemical pregnancy last March, I am not getting my hopes up too high! Didn't even want to post this yesterday as I was a bit nervous. But the high temp and BFP were still there this morning, so we will see what happens. Hopeful, but not confident!! I won't schedule with by OB yet -not until that second line gets a bit darker.....

Tiffany, really sorry to hear about your stepdad. Have you tested again?

Janovich and Shanessa -sorry you had to sit this one out. Hopefully it will give you a chance to just relax. Fingers crossed for next time.

Second Chance -sorry you didn't get in to your doctor. Any chance you can get in with someone else sooner??

I hope everyone is doing alright!
M
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:58 am

Hoopla...YAY for the bfp :jump: :jump:
That is SO EXCITING!!! We need a bfp this month!!!

Lucky, I am sorry for you bfn but that is pretty awesome that you get to move onto next cycle so quickly!

Ttc...Where are you? I think about you everyday!! How are you in this tww? HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

afm...10dpo and bfn. Preparing for bfn. Trying to figure out how to do a "Drug holiday" without feeling like I am giving up??? Any ideas???
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:07 am

Hoopla - Holy moly!! :shock: I posted on the Magic Cycle Thread inquiring about you. OHMIGOD! :happyforyou: All right. Now that I have gotten that out of my system. Deep breathes. I know what you mean about the chemicals. One day at a time. You definitely need a beta...one step at putting your mind to rest...at least about a chemical.

2nd - some of the comments from the women on the natural site I purchased the cleanse from note that it regulated their cycles and got them back on track. Not sure if it is true but as DH is healing up, maybe a good time to explore. :|

Jan - onto next month we go :wiggle:

LJ - I have heard of DHEA. If I am not mistaken it is something the body produces in decreasing quanties as we age. I recall (if I am thinking about the right thing) that there is controversy around supplementing with it without medical oversight.

Tiff - women have gotten pregnant without drugs since forever so don't feel like you are giving up. You have to do what works out best for you. :)

AFM - nothing :)
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Magic Cycle part 2 - all welcome

Postby Janovich » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:15 am

:yay: :yay: :happyforyou: :spermboy: :girlsperm: :bfp:
Wooohoooo... Hoopla..! Wow Wee,....Ah i really really really hope that's this is the month for you my love....
Fantastic News... :mrgreen:

Jxxxx
Janovich x
Me: 46
OH: 44
Chemical - January 2013
TTC since Feb 2012, naturally
Temping and watching CM changes when I can!
My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Janovich
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:59 am

11dpo and bfn with FRER :(. I even stopped the progesterone..I just want to feel normal. I HATE feeling pregnant and getting bfn. Going to take a drug break!
I called my OB to see if she had any suggestions, her PA said, "Clomid for six months then go to RE". That wasn't helpful at all!

I think I am going to try CoQ10 daily and Soy 150mg cd3-7 on this cycle.
What do ya'll think???
Last edited by tiffanynp on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hoopla » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:44 am

Thank you for all your kind words ladies! My line is getting marginally darker each morning. Still waiting for a nice dark line. A bit nervous b/c of my chemical 6 months ago. My temp is nice and high though..... Just waiting now. My OB appt is mid-October. Getting the quantitative HCG tests next Monday and Wednesday. Hoping there is still a reason to go get the tests done next week!!

Tiffany -do you take B6? Some swear by it to help regulate cycles. I was using it when I got pregnant with my son. Just stopped using it last cycle. Doesn't tell you much, but thought I would mention it! I've heard of women that got pregnant shortly after stopping clomid -so you just never know!! I know absolutely nothing about coq10 and soy.... Best wishes to you!

Lucky Jules -good luck with your new plan! By supps, do you mean progesterone?

Shanessa and Janovich -best wishes to you both. Hoping that this next cycle is the one for both of you!!!

M
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:44 am

No, I don't take b6 I guess I need too!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:32 pm

HI Everyone,

This is crazy. I have been trying to get on for 2 days and when I clicked to try to log on it kept saying "this page cannot be displayed"... darn it, so I thought the website was down for repair or something. Clearly I have missed out on A LOT......

Hoopla............ WHAT!!!!!!!!!!Incredible news, I am so happy for you. HOW AWESOME. Just keep thinking positive. :D :D :D :D :D :jump: :jump: :jump:
It amazes me how many BFP for us 40 plusers we have........ WOOOO HOOOO.

Jano- welcome to the world of FF charting..... you will find it quite.......... OBSESSIVE........LOL... and very helpful...... :D

Tiff- How you doing? so sorry to hear that about your SD, both my parents within the last 3 yrs had cancer and both survived and are now doing great..... but I know its a very tough time right now mentally with it. Hang in there for the TTC, I'm with ya. So discouraging but then next month comes and maybe its the magic month.

Lucky- On the bright side, only a week or so before this maybe being your month. Fingers crossed for you.

TTC- ITS FRIDAY........ DID YOU TEST??? DYING TO HEAR YOUR RESULTS. It would be awesome to have 4 BFP going on right now, Simone, Fitt, Hoopla and you......

Shanessa- Thanks for the cleanse info, I will be looking into that. Maybe by you doing that it gave you 2 this month or was just really really prepping you for next month.

AFM- as you can see by my chart, I still dont show I Oed this month........ UGH, never has that happened before, I felt like O off and on several times this month but by my temps it doesnt appear it did happen...... so confused. I am CD 27 now, so expecting AF in the next couple of days, this cycle was out anyway with all that was going on in my world with DH, he is on the mend. Nothing else really to report, except Its so encouraging to see the BFP showing up for some of you ladies.

Happy Friday everyone- Have a great weekend, my thoughts are with you all in your TTC. Its weird, when I couldnt get on the site I was thinking, oh man, what if the site is down forever and I never get to talk to all you lovely women again, kind of made me sad. on a side note, at least by my computer the site looks different now, almost like they went to a new web host.
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi Ladies: Just a quick Hello before I run out the door for the weekend.

2nd - Yeah they were updating the site. Looks nice now. Your chart had me saying WTH :doh: It is a mystery. Hopefully it will come to a completion soon and you can move on. I never thought about the cleanse maybe releasing two eggs. Huh.

Tiff - I take the CoQ10 and a ton of other supplements/vitamins (Red Rasberry Leaf, CoQ10, Vitamin BComplex (6 and 12), Vitex, Maca, Vitamin C, Prenatal, Royal Jelly). If I meet with success I honestly wont know what to attribute it to. :shock:

Hoopla - I am still holding my breath for you. Please, please, please let us know your beta on Monday ASAP. :) I hope you have something planned to occupy your mind this weekend.

LJ - what supp are you trying or looking to try?

AFM - Nothing :) Ladies have wonderful weekend and catch up on Monday.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 pm

I do want to add one thing that may atribute to my screwy cycles the last couple of months and food for thought for others. I have always been like clock work, every 28-29 days, always felt O, never took or did anything except try each month, which obviously got me not pregnant :( .........but the 3 months I have thrown everything except the kitchen sink in this TTC journey. I started, B6, COQ10, soft cups, temping, pre natals, pre seed, acupuncture and OPT. So I wonder if I have just really over done it all along with over thinking everything. I really tried not to stress about it but I really have to wonder if everything I am doing is throwing my body out of wack... I guess what I am trying to say is maybe, just maybe we (I) should not run out and try every single thing I read about.... (which now reading this, I appear to be doing LOL) SHEEESSSS....... I need a drink now. :rofl:
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s