Magic Cycle part 2 - all welcome

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Magic Cycle part 2 - all welcome

Postby SimoneTTC » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:41 am

Lurking and just wanted to say a special congrats to Hoopla and Hi to EOE!

Have been reading along and I say go for it with the herbal stuff.

The cycle I conceived I used 150mg of Soy Isoflavones CD 3-7. Not sure if that had anything to do with the BFP but it certainly can't hurt!

Righteo - I'm really really tired so its 11.41am and I am going back to bed lol!

GL everyone!
SimoneTTC

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi all, I tested yesterday and got a BFN I am soon depressed I cried for two days, our cycle was perfect, the numbers were great, everything we needed to get that BFP ..... I don't know why I set myself up for such a let down :cry:

Cg Hoopla! That is amazing news....

I'll catch up in a few days, sorry everyone, I'm taking this one REALLY bad....
I need some alone time......
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SimoneTTC » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:41 am

:hugs: to ttc42
SimoneTTC

Postby Hoopla » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:47 am

Ah, TTC#2 -I have been thinking about you and am so sorry to hear your news. Please take all the time you need. Best wishes to you.
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hoopla » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:45 am

One more thing....

This has probably already been discussed by you brilliant ladies, but... Each time I've gotten pregnant, we used Pre-Seed. Apparently the quality/quantity of CM changes when we are over 40. My OB told me that hormones and/or clomid can really make things dry and uninhabitable for those little spermies. Just thought I would mention it.

Simone -I've just realized you are at the end of the first trimester!! Best wishes to you!!

M
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:17 am

Second, I would feel the same as you if I had had your experience. I do think it is alot to let your body figure out at one time. But, like jules said..it takes about three months to get regulated with natural stuff. I had one anovulatory cycle last year too (prior to dd) and then the next cycle was normal with a bfn and then the next cycle I got my bfp so who knows?? I don't think the natural stuff can hurt unless it is excessive. But, that is such a hard call to make. I guess just to say, I empathisize with your thoughts and I don't have the answer. Just gotta go with what you feel is right. Listen to your gut dear! I also tend to make sure whatever I am taking is usually good for more then one thing and has been studied ALOT (i.e. CoQ10 good for your heart and tons of studies that show that). That is just what I do.

Jules, how much coq10 are you taking? Hopeful for you!

Hoopla, SO looking forward to your beta today and Wednesday!!! I too use preseed each time during O time.

TTC, oh dear. I am SO SORRY. It broke my heart when I read your posts this weekend. Literally my heart sunk for you :(. We are here when you are ready to be back.

Simone...YAY for second tri..fatigue should get better! Did you have any side effects with soy?

Jan, just saying HI!! Is DH going to be around for O this month?

afm..cd3 here! Glad to have a FIRST normal cycle pp FINALLY put behind me. Hoping that means my body is now ready to do it all over again...fx. I have an odd question. I know ttc brought it up during her IUI process. But, does anyone know if you O from the opposite side with the next cycle or is it just a crapshoot with every cycle? During the previous process it seemed I O'd from left always with the u/s. Last cycle it felt like I o'd from right. The previous cycle it felt like I had a cyst burst on left. So, just curious..I have no idea why. Probably hoping this cycle I will O from left and catch that egg :).
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rocky's mom » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:08 am

Hello, ladies! I am new here, but I've been reading the "TTC in their 40s" posts for the past two weeks. I am quite encouraged by your insights, optimism, support for one another, and of course, by the accounts of women who have successfully conceived after 40. I am 43 and have a 17-year old son from a previous marriage. I got married more than a year ago and my DH and I have been TTC for a little over a year now. I'm obviously suffering from secondary infertility, given that I conceived my first child quite quickly and easily back in 1994. We've consulted an ob-gyn and have completed two rounds of Clomid-Estradiol-Progesterone with no success. All my blood-hormone tests came back normal while my DH's sperm analysis yielded favorable results as well, so that makes ours another case of unexplained infertility. We've decided to take a break from Clomid, opting to try Preseed and Evening Primrose Oil instead. I suspect that it's the absence or lack of EWCM that is keeping us from conceiving. OPKs and BBT charts indicate that I'm ovulating almost every month while my cycle is fairly regular (26-30 days).

This TTC journey has been a tough test of faith and patience. I've always believed in God's perfect timing, but often, I get discouraged and start feeling hopeless and helpless (especially when you don't have a clue as to what the real problem is). It's just comforting to know that there are many other women and mothers like me who are on the same path and are keeping the faith. I admire all of you for your strength and determination. I hope to be inspired by your stories and advice, and also pray that I can someday be an inspiration to others as well.
rocky's mom
Friend

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:25 am

Welcome rocky's mom!!! We too have done two cycles of Clomid-Estradiol and Progesterone cycles and are on a break this cycle. Did you have ewcm on those drugs? There are some wonderful women on here with all kinds of support. We are all at different points in our cycles. Good luck to you!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:01 am

HI to Everyone

TTC- I am so sorry, I wondered about you this weekend and hoping this cycle would work. Take all the time you need, and know we are sending comforting thoughts your way and will be here with open arms when you return. :hugs:

Lucky- OPT, sorry I meant OPK (Ov predictor kit) but I called it test. LOL...

Hi Simone- hope your feeling well and healthy heading into your 2nd Trim. I am a gluten, what is the soy for?????????? :) I may have to add it LOL (just kidding, but then again maybe not)

Tiff- Thanks for the info, I am about to my 3 month window on taking these supps and I hope that things get back to normal soon. I was thinking over the weekend what I wouldnt do get back to normal again..... and I agree with you as well, I take all the supps that also have other good qualities aside from the TTC peice.

Hi Rocky's mom- welcome.... You have found a EXCELLENT group of ladies that have so much knowledge and info to share and are always looking for new perspectives. :)

AFM: Now on CD 30, which is 1-2 days longer then normal for me. I am having some cramping off and on so maybe AF is coming or maybe I am trying to O. Dont know, but even if its O that cant be good being that its CD 30 so just want AF to come and reload for next month. I did POAS this weekend just in case I caught the egg day 7-10 but it came up BFN so who knows the reason for my off cycle this month. I am also trying to come down with a cold right now. Nothing else really going on with me........

Have a great Monday everyone
H
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby rocky's mom » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:26 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, Tiff and Second Chance!

Unfortunately, the trio did nothing to improve the quality or quantity of my CM. My doctor said the Estradiol was supposed to help. More than 10 years ago (when my former husband and I were trying for a second child), I also completed 3 cycles of Clomid without success. That is why I think Clomid is not helping me at all or addressing the real problem. Tiff, I actually waited for your test result this month as I saw that you were also on the same treatment.

I look forward to gaining strength and insight from this group of strong and faithful women. I pray for all of us to be blessed soon.
rocky's mom
Friend

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:24 am

Rocky, that regime trio with the preseed is what gave me my dd last year. So, it did work for me in past. That is why it is so hard to not try again until it works. That is why me going herbal is difficult. My friend yesterday told me, "well for me aunaturale" worked (she is 43 (after doing IVF etc)..then my thought today was...well that trio is what worked for me. So, i don't know. This is just so difficult!
When I asked my OB about the trio...she said, "it works in 90% of women". That is why they use it. It did take three cycles of meds last time.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:27 am

Morning everyone,

This is officially the weirdest cycle I have ever had. I am CD31 today, and as I posted yesterday I was feeling crampy yesterday, thinking AF was coming even thought it really felt more like O pain rather than AF pain. So I decided what the heck and did a OPT, and you guessed it........ the stupid thing came back positive with a smiley face glarring back at me. Go ahead........ you can say it........ "I told you to keep BDing, that it may still come"...... and dumb me did not follow that advise. I post this here just as a reminder to all to KEEP BDing until O or AF comes, dont lose faith like I did. LOL........... So we DTD last night with cautious optimism but I really dont put much hope in this cycle as its been 3 weeks since we have BD before last night due to DH surgery plus the fact that O was CD 30, which is really going to make this a CRAZY LONG CYCLE FOR ME. Will BD again tonight just to cover all the bases but man am I kicking myself right now..... :x UGH....... feeling like another month lost due to my over thinking things..... when will I learn. :doh:
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:56 am

Second..you should be EXCITED not upset!! You are catching the O!!! As long as you bd after the OPK is positive you are hitting right where you need too :). Perfect timing "supposedly" is one day before pos OPK and then for two more days (O day and day after O)..you are there dear! CELEBRATE! You stil have a chance to catch the egg.

afm...well ladies I guess we could say I am an official druggie..hehehe! I caved last night and took the Clomid at 10pm. Dh had gone to bed early and I had no strength to not do it. All I was sitting there and thinking, "This is what gave me Caylee". I want another baby so bad that I don't want to miss a month (with the best chance) of trying at 40! If I had not had success with it in the past it would be easier to walk away from. Anyway, so I am back on the drugs this cycle and fx this is the one!!!
Update on family...My stepdad goes in for a liver biopsy today and will start 3months of chemo next week :(.

Jules, thanks for info about O from which side..helpful!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:35 am

Thanks TIff, I know, I know, at least I do appear to be trying to O. coming temps will tell me for sure. I do wonder though, does your LH surge just prior to O or can it also still be high during and just past O?

Anyone know???

also Tiff, good for you, you dont want to live with the "coulda, shoulda, woulda's. Best of luck to your SD.
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:01 am

Your LH surges 12-36 hours prior to O.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s